Minimum wage laws helping low wage workers

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
While the Republicans wine about minimum wage laws taking jobs away I know many low wage workers celebrating in cities that have raised their minimum wage laws. Rather than leaving their jobs as they were planning they are staying because of the pay increases. Some companies are even raising their minimum wage they pay workers like Amazon to $15/hr. A lot of low wage workers I know are celebrating, they have kept their jobs, stayed employed full time, some even have full benefits, and are very happy with the minimum wage increase laws. One worker I know was previously making a couple years ago $8/hr, now she is making $13/hr at the same job with full benefits working full time doing the exact same job she did a couple years ago.

Republicans say how much minimum wage laws hurt workers, what a bunch of baloney !

While the Republicans wine about minimum wage laws taking jobs away I know many low wage workers celebrating in cities that have raised their minimum wage laws. Rather than leaving their jobs as they were planning they are staying because of the pay increases. Some companies are even raising their minimum wage they pay workers like Amazon to $15/hr. A lot of low wage workers I know are celebrating, they have kept their jobs, stayed employed full time, some even have full benefits, and are very happy with the minimum wage increase laws. One worker I know was previously making a couple years ago $8/hr, now she is making $13/hr at the same job with full benefits working full time doing the exact same job she did a couple years ago.

Republicans say how much minimum wage laws hurt workers, what a bunch of baloney !

Thank You!

Because the #1 thing on my Christmas List this year was a completely subjective, half assed analysis of the surface effects of minimum wage laws.

"There is only one difference between a bad economist and a good one: the bad economist confines himself to the visible effect; the good economist takes into account both the effect that can be seen and those effects that must be foreseen." -- Frederic Bastiat

Cheap Labor can never be an option in a First World economy.

Minimum wage isnt hurting low intelligent people like you, it hurts the employees, that already have a nice wage, but soon will be at the minimum wage again. Example.

I worked at McDonalds out of high school making $2.10 an hour but at the time you couldn't be full time at McD's because it was for retired folks or college students who needed extra cash. So I went to work full time at a restaurant named Bill Knapp's that was full service breakfast to dinner. Starting salary for a short order chef was $2.10 an hour, in 1 year, I got a raise of 15 cents so I was able to handle the whole food service line, after 1 year of training. But then the liberals raised minimum wage to $2.25 an hour and here I was back at minimum wage again, right along with the entry level. At that point I knew that being a victim of liberalism wasn't going to amount to anything except poverty and misery, so I got skills to repair fighter jets. So if you want to punish the hard working individual by having him work at minimum wage all his life, then keep on raising it to the point that no one wants to work, or you pay people what they are worth, for the skill and knowledge that they bring. Stupid fucks like you, deserve to be a minimum wage, welfare queen, because you have to rely on the government to take care of you. Sorry ass liberals, a good one is a dead one...

Last edited:

Minimum wage isnt hurting low intelligent people like you, it hurts the employees, that already have a nice wage, but soon will be at the minimum wage again. Example.

I worked at McDonalds our of high school making $2.10 an hour but at the time you couldn't be full time at McD's because it was for retired folks or college students who needed extra cash. So I went to work full time at a restaurant named Bill Knapp's that was full service breakfast to dinner. Starting salary for a short order chef was $2.10 an hour, in 1 year, I got a raise of 15 cents so I was able to handle the whole food service line, after 1 year of training. But then the liberals raised minimum wage to $2.25 an hour and here I was back at minimum wage again, right along with the entry level. At that point I knew that being a victim of liberalism wasn't going to amount to anything except poverty and misery, so I got skills to repair fighter jets. So if you want to punish the hard working individual by having him work at minimum wage all his life, then keep on raising it to the point that no one wants to work, or you pay people what they are worth, for the skill and knowledge that they bring. Stupid fucks like you, deserve to be a minimum wage, welfare queen, because you have to rely on the government to take care of you. Sorry ass liberals, a good one is a dead one...
I agree 100%.

It was always a racist law..

I worked at McDonalds our of high school making $2.10 an hour but at the time you couldn't be full time at McD's because it was for retired folks or college students who needed extra cash. So I went to work full time at a restaurant named Bill Knapp's that was full service breakfast to dinner. Starting salary for a short order chef was $2.10 an hour, in 1 year, I got a raise of 15 cents so I was able to handle the whole food service line, after 1 year of training. But then the liberals raised minimum wage to $2.25 an hour and here I was back at minimum wage again, right along with the entry level. At that point I knew that being a victim of liberalism wasn't going to amount to anything except poverty and misery, so I got skills to repair fighter jets. So if you want to punish the hard working individual by having him work at minimum wage all his life, then keep on raising it to the point that no one wants to work, or you pay people what they are worth, for the skill and knowledge that they bring. Stupid fucks like you, deserve to be a minimum wage, welfare queen, because you have to rely on the government to take care of you. Sorry ass liberals, a good one is a dead one...
you still got a raise and had more experience and would be preferred for promotion, usually.

not enough morals to go around on the right wing?

So next you'll be blabbering on about a "living wage".

Next week here in Washington state our minimum wage will be $12/hr. All you see in the fast food places are seniors. No one with a small business is going to hire a kid with no work experience at $11.50 and now $12/hr. They hire seniors because they know how to work, they're dependable with less drama, and don't steal shit.

The truly sad part of this is that those on the left like the OP have no idea that the Unions base their wages off of the MW. If the OP thinks $15 and hour does anything more than keep the slaves flipping burgers he needs to reassess

Next week here in Washington state our minimum wage will be $12/hr. All you see in the fast food places are seniors. No one with a small business is going to hire a kid with no work experience at $11.50 and now $12/hr. They hire seniors because they know how to work, they're dependable with less drama, and don't steal shit.
what happens when you run out of seniors wanting to work?

The truly sad part of this is that those on the left like the OP have no idea that the Unions base their wages off of the MW. If the OP thinks $15 and hour does anything more than keep the slaves flipping burgers he needs to reassess
it has more to do with cost of living issues. it is a cost of living adjustment.

It is impossible to have wages rise with zero increase in production and not have a large lowering of productivity. Impossible.
Lowering productivity means lowering of profit margins and/or raising of prices. Again, impossible these things will not happen.
That translates into layoffs, again (virtually) impossible for that not to happen.

Don't believe me?

The CBO says so as well.

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office

It is the height of economic stupidity/naivety to expect tens of millions of people to get massive wage increases with ZERO increase in production and not have that cost jobs and hurt the overall economy.

Think people.

Finally, where in either the Constitution or the UN Charter does it say that a minimum wage must be a 'living wage'?
Hint - it doesn't.

Last edited:

Sure, and why do you suppose everybody else has to increase their wages? After all, if MW there is 20 bucks an hour, some companies will have to offer 22 an hour to attract workers from Walmart.

It's called increased cost of living and inflation. But that's okay with me. When businesses finally decide they've had enough, we will welcome them here to our state with open arms. They won't have to pay higher wages to unskilled workers, the cost of living is lower, and because our state is primarily Republican, they don't have to worry about ridiculous minimum wage hikes for a long time.

It is impossible to have wages rise with zero increase in production and not have a large lowering of productivity. Impossible.
Lowering productivity means lowering of profit margins/raising of prices. Again, impossible these things will not happen.
That translates into layoffs, again (virtually) impossible for that not to happen.

Don't believe me?

The CBO says so as well.

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office

It is the height of economic stupidity/naivety to expect tens of millions of people to get massive wage increases with ZERO increase in production and not have that cost jobs and hurt the overall economy.

Think people.

Finally, where in either the Constitution or the UN Charter does it say that a minimum wage must be a 'living wage'?
Hint - it doesn't.
so what; unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed can automatically stablize that and promote a positive multiplier effect in the process.

and,

higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand, in every long run equilibrium.

what happens when you run out of seniors wanting to work?

Are you serious? The population is aging...fast. And millions of seniors in America are desperate for additional income.
There is no way seniors will run out anytime soon.

Besides, there will be automation eventually anyway...and bye bye to those overpaid, minimum wage jobs.

Hamburger-making machine churns out custom burgers at industrial speeds

Forum List

Back