Mine ownerBob Murray: "Nobody was ordered to attend."

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Look hard enough at the libtard lies, and the truth always comes out eventually.

Coal mine owner Bob Murray defends no-pay action on day of Romney visit | cleveland.com

We caught up with Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray a little while ago, after he exchanged pleasantries and small talk with Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine before breakfast was served. Murray is a substantial Republican donor. Asked about the claim that workers feared for their jobs if they didn't attend, a claim that President Barack Obama's reelection campaign has seized on, Murray said, “I think that is a lot of ridiculous nonsense."

"I had 3,000 coal miners there – wives, children. They enjoyed it very much. It was a great day. And you people in the media are trying to make something negative out of it because some radio personality tried to make an issue out of it. Would you rather I paid people to attend a political event, because that is what you are saying. The answer is you don’t."

"My people have their own minds. They have their own desires. Nobody was ordered to attend. Nobody knows who attended and who didn’t. But I can tell you this: We had 3,000 people there, it was a great day, our people enjoyed it. Barack Obama is destroying their lives, their livelihoods. These people ae scared, and they came out in droves to see Mitt Romney and that’s what it was all about. A great day."

Asked about the closing of the mine that day, he said, “We had to close it for security reasons. The Secret Service would not allow us to be conducting a mining operation underground when we had people there. Now what is so newsworthy about that that? The Plain Dealer has to make a news issue about it? It’s a security issue. Yes, we closed the mine for one shift. We did not have the mine closed for more than the one shift that Gov. Romney was there

Forum List

Back