Mind blowing predictions from the Mayans about 12-21-12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grampa Murked U, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,740
    Believe in the sillyness of the end of the world or not one thing is true. The Mayans were astonishingly brilliant.

Thousands of years ago they predicted two things among others....

One. The sun will be aligned with the center of the galaxy on that date....true

Two. The wobble of the earth will complete a full cycle on that date....true

They believed the dark rift at the center of the galaxy to be the doorway to the underworld...utter nonsense but begs the question. How the hell did they know the dark rift was there to begin with and how did they accurately know it would align with the sun on this date?

There of course has been plenty of speculation as to what their actual prediction was. Unfortunately the carved stone that had this date inscribed on it was broken and everything post inscribed date has never been found. Some speculated that they were referring to a poll shift in the earth. But that happens over millions of years and currently geologists can find no signs of it in current rock samples.

Dunno why I typed all this when I just wanted to comment on their unbelievable ability to predict astrological events.
    Hope your eyes aren't bleeding and thanks for reading.

2. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,524
    Link?

Read this:

Will Earth cross the galactic equator in 2012? | Astronomy Essentials | EarthSky

Link?

Read this:

Chandler wobble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "dark rift" is visible to the naked eye. Trying looking up sometime. No mystery here!

And as I showed above, this is an alignment which occurs twice a year.

More info here: http://www.2012hoax.org/dark-rift

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  3. eternaltrue

eternaltrue I have the magic beans

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I'm not sure I believe in predictions.

4. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,740
    I wasn't referring to the earth being in any special location. Just the sun.

As to the earths wobble I have heard that its a much longer cycle.

I don't have any links. I got the info from the discovery channel. Either way I find it interesting even if others don't.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Granny had her hat & baggage ready to go when the end o' the world didn't happen...
    [​IMG]
    Mayan Science Still Giving Up Secrets
    August 18, 2016 - Who remembers the Mayan Calendar that ended in 2012, and how it was supposed to presage the end of the world? That was funny, Hollywood made a movie about it. Needless to say we're still here. What was arguably lost in all of the sad speculation and fear-mongering of the end-of-the-world crowd was the sheer magnificence and depth of scientific knowledge that allowed the Mayans to create their giant stone calendars.

6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,574
    So the Mayans are as kookie, and wrong, as all the lefty idiots and their many dire predictions that haven't come to fruition since the first Earth Day in 1970. But the low info dopes keep swallowing their Kool-Aid.