Millions of wild pigs run amok in US

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This article refers to the four-legged ones, of course. Seen one in your back yard lately? And, this article makes me wonder – if more people set out to kill these noxious critters, will the animal-rights groups like PETA go to court to stop them.

Read the article and see the somewhat boring video @ BBC News - Millions of wild pigs run amok in US

Well, just a bit further along, I came across this: Is the Way These People Are ‘Hunting’ Feral Hogs in This Video Inhumane? The article @ video @ Is the Way These People Are 8216 Hunting 8217 Feral Hogs in This Video Inhumane Video TheBlaze.com

I don't believe blowing them up like this is inhumane – but it is a serious waste of meat and does far more damage than the critters do.

We now have over 5000 feral hogs in Oregon. The game department dismissed this as "only 5000". That really means that we will never get rid of them. Wolves are far less a problem than feral hogs. They should be shot on sight, as far as the meat goes, I am far more interested in seeing them eliminated from the state.

My cousins done already killed them a hog and we ate it this last weekend. The farmers are offering bounties around here for them...

And, this article makes me wonder – if more people set out to kill these noxious critters, will the animal-rights groups like PETA go to court to stop them.

So far, we've only seen only the hyper-conservative "The Blaze" website whining about it.

PETA? They're a bogeyman that conservatives use to give themselves an orgasmic shiver of fear.

This article refers to the four-legged ones, of course. Seen one in your back yard lately? And, this article makes me wonder – if more people set out to kill these noxious critters, will the animal-rights groups like PETA go to court to stop them.

Read the article and see the somewhat boring video @ BBC News - Millions of wild pigs run amok in US

Well, just a bit further along, I came across this: Is the Way These People Are ‘Hunting’ Feral Hogs in This Video Inhumane? The article @ video @ Is the Way These People Are 8216 Hunting 8217 Feral Hogs in This Video Inhumane Video TheBlaze.com

I don't believe blowing them up like this is inhumane – but it is a serious waste of meat and does far more damage than the critters do.

I kill about 4 to 5 of the beasts per year...about one and a half for my own larder and the rest go to hunters for the hungry. I hunt known rooting and rolling areas. I haven't seen signs of them on my own land, but regularly hunt on the land of acquaintances to help kill off the tasty devils.

And, this article makes me wonder – if more people set out to kill these noxious critters, will the animal-rights groups like PETA go to court to stop them.

So far, we've only seen only the hyper-conservative "The Blaze" website whining about it.

PETA? They're a bogeyman that conservatives use to give themselves an orgasmic shiver of fear.

Well, that would be due to the fact that you are an ignoramus so wrapped up in her own bitterness that she is unaware of what is happening out in the real world....perhaps you are unaware that they are destroying Hawaii....

Here is some further info to help you climb out of that abyss of ignorance in which you live....

Wild Pig Info - Feral Hog Control and Management
TPWD Feral Hogs
Feral pig control - Wisconsin DNR
Feral Swine Invasive Species Council Priority Species
Feral pigs B.C. allows hunting anywhere and at any time - British Columbia - CBC News
Coping with Feral Hogs
ODFW Oregon Invasive Species - Feral Swine
Wild Hog Hunting Information in Florida
Feral Pigs Going Hog-Wild in US
Feral Hog Missouri Department of Conservation
Pigs Gone Wild - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/feral-hogs/feral-swine-presentation.pdf
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - Wild Hogs
Outdoor Illinois Feral Hogs in Illinois
The Feral Hog in Oklahoma
Feral pigs running wild in Colorado
DNR - Feral Swine in Michigan - A Growing Problem
Are there feral pigs in Idaho Idaho Fish and Game

And I could go on with reports from damned near every state in the union and Canada and Mexico....Get your stupid head out of your ass and see the sorts of real environmental problems that exist which are not being adequately dealt with because the AGW hoax is sucking all of the air out of the room and all of the treasure out of the coffers.

SSDD, that's nice of you to try to inform a Liberal but making Informed Decisions is not what they do.

SSDD, that's nice of you to try to inform a Liberal but making Informed Decisions is not what they do.

Liberals are idiots...hell, it's what makes them liberals. In order to think like they do, you have to be willing to surrender all common sense and critical thinking skills...or to have never had them in the first place.

They carry Bang's disease.

I shoot them on sight, but, will not touch or eat them.

They are ruining the Kisatchie and other National Forests.

We now have over 5000 feral hogs in Oregon. The game department dismissed this as "only 5000". That really means that we will never get rid of them. Wolves are far less a problem than feral hogs. They should be shot on sight, as far as the meat goes, I am far more interested in seeing them eliminated from the state.
You have them in Oregon?

You are fucked.

You shoot one, ten others feed off the corpse and prosper.

Short of a genetically modified disease to kill them, they are here to stay.

Well, that would be due to the fact that you are an ignoramus so wrapped up in her own bitterness that she is unaware of what is happening out in the real world....perhaps you are unaware that they are destroying Hawaii....

Here is some further info to help you climb out of that abyss of ignorance in which you live....

Wild Pig Info - Feral Hog Control and Management
TPWD Feral Hogs
Feral pig control - Wisconsin DNR
Feral Swine Invasive Species Council Priority Species
Feral pigs B.C. allows hunting anywhere and at any time - British Columbia - CBC News
Coping with Feral Hogs
ODFW Oregon Invasive Species - Feral Swine
Wild Hog Hunting Information in Florida
Feral Pigs Going Hog-Wild in US
Feral Hog Missouri Department of Conservation
Pigs Gone Wild - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/feral-hogs/feral-swine-presentation.pdf
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - Wild Hogs
Outdoor Illinois Feral Hogs in Illinois
The Feral Hog in Oklahoma
Feral pigs running wild in Colorado
DNR - Feral Swine in Michigan - A Growing Problem
Are there feral pigs in Idaho Idaho Fish and Game

And I could go on with reports from damned near every state in the union and Canada and Mexico....Get your stupid head out of your ass and see the sorts of real environmental problems that exist which are not being adequately dealt with because the AGW hoax is sucking all of the air out of the room and all of the treasure out of the coffers.
Hawaii???

They are destroying every place they occupy.

Wasteful....if you don't eat them, hunters for the hungry will make sure that the meat gets to someone who will. I have been eating them for years....even domestic pork is dangerous to eat if you don't cook it properly...

Wasteful....if you don't eat them, hunters for the hungry will make sure that the meat gets to someone who will. I have been eating them for years....even domestic pork is dangerous to eat if you don't cook it properly...

Hey, scavengers gotta eat too.

I'm not touching them, or hauling them miles out of the woods, but, you are free to come get every one I shoot.

In the meantime, bobcats and coyotes agree with the shoot them and leave them approach.

My cousins done already killed them a hog and we ate it this last weekend. The farmers are offering bounties around here for them...
Bounties won't work as long as the Forest Service offers them refuge most of the year.

And I am not touching one even to collect a bounty.

Our local tree hug folk are screaming about people using guns to kill the hogs... they want all the killing to be done with bows. Apparently they think bows are cleaner way to kill.

Hey, scavengers gotta eat too.

I'm not touching them, or hauling them miles out of the woods, but, you are free to come get every one I shoot.

In the meantime, bobcats and coyotes agree with the shoot them and leave them approach.

Nah...I eat what I kill.....you say a lot about yourself when you admit that you don't.

Forum List

Back