Millions of Trump voters just basically voted to cut their pay.

America is really terrible for the poor and workers etc. In Austria its normal to get overtime pay. I cant imagine how you work overtime hours but dont get paid. To me this is slavery.
Here in America we have a lot of jobs that the employee prefers to not get over time because that would mean that they get less of it.

I have worked as a contractor with the Federalis for 20 years and I much preferred getting straight hourly pay instead of having over time as it meant that I got more of it. I also forfeited most of my other benefits other than disability since my wife got it via her job, and I took cash instead.

In the USA we have more freedom to negotiate what we want to get as compensation.

America is really terrible for the poor and workers etc. In Austria its normal to get overtime pay. I cant imagine how you work overtime hours but dont get paid. To me this is slavery.
Here in America we have a lot of jobs that the employee prefers to not get over time because that would mean that they get less of it.

I have worked as a contractor with the Federalis for 20 years and I much preferred getting straight hourly pay instead of having over time as it meant that I got more of it. I also forfeited most of my other benefits other than disability since my wife got it via her job, and I took cash instead.

In the USA we have more freedom to negotiate what we want to get as compensation.

Ok I have only limited idea how it works for you guys, but if you get your fair compensation for your hard work its ok.

The GOP hates the working man and sucks the rich mans dick every chance they get. To hell with the GOP.
I agree.
Abolish the gop and chase them out of this country.
Trump is doing that presently :)
giphy.gif

Reading the liberal responses, hard to believe I was this dumb in my youth.

In Austria its not even considered a "liberal" cause.

Dude, I'm a decent from Austria. That and near everything else Europe. Rumor has it I'm a bastard descendant of an Emperor. My great x? grandmother was a maid or slave, depending on your viewpoint.

But that has nothing to do with fair conditions for workers

But that has nothing to do with fair conditions for workers
What is fair for workers is to not let corporations export their jobs or bring in black market labor to illegally give that work to cheap foreign indentured servants.

true, but there are other things too, for example in austria you need to provide a somewhat healthy enivornment, or at least not dangerous to health for the workers etc. there are lot more things then what you said and fair compensation is another thing.

Millions of Donald Trump voters to lose overtime pay the moment he takes office

Republicans have made their clear their wish to roll back a number of Barack Obama's initiatives

Many millions of Americans who voted for Donald Trump could find themselves losing their right to overtime pay as soon as he takes office.

Political observers pointed out that one of the things Mr Trump has undertaken to push forward with, is to reverse a planned pay boost enacted by President Barack Obama.

Part of the regulation - that is due to go into effect on December 1 - demands that companies pay time-and-a-half overtime to workers who make less than $47,000 a year.
=========================================================================

:eusa_clap: Way to Trumpkin Bumpkins. A one month pay raise, to be taken away by Turkey Neck McConnell , overgrown frat boy Ryan, and billionaire man of the people Donald Trump.

What a joke. Demonizing the GOP over this stuff is gonna make replacing them all in 2018 and 2020 a cinch.

That and all the jobs will be lower paid jobs anyway. The US is being run by Trump for Trump.

It's not slavery when you accept a job on the employers terms. Slavery is working against your will and not getting paid.

I haven't gotten overtime pay in nearly 23 years. Overtime pay doesn't apply to truck drivers, and truck drivers and government have been enemies for years. We were even overlooked by this Obama plan.

Republicans have made their clear their wish to roll back a number of Barack Obama's initiatives

Many millions of Americans who voted for Donald Trump could find themselves losing their right to overtime pay as soon as he takes office.

Political observers pointed out that one of the things Mr Trump has undertaken to push forward with, is to reverse a planned pay boost enacted by President Barack Obama.

Part of the regulation - that is due to go into effect on December 1 - demands that companies pay time-and-a-half overtime to workers who make less than $47,000 a year.

:eusa_clap: Way to Trumpkin Bumpkins. A one month pay raise, to be taken away by Turkey Neck McConnell , overgrown frat boy Ryan, and billionaire man of the people Donald Trump.

What a joke. Demonizing the GOP over this stuff is gonna make replacing them all in 2018 and 2020 a cinch.
How is it exactly that making a new law forcing overtime is going to work out if you can't limit peoples hours invested? You already have obiecare limiting full time employment, so you make a law saying if anyone works above the dead end obie set, you MAY get some overtime? When the hell are you idiots going to realize you can't control peoples wages?

To not pay overtime is simply wrong and any worker who disagrees isn't very bright. Its pretty simple...you want a worker to work overtime then pay time and a half. Otherwise don't ask workers to work more.....this country.....meh....going backwards. Anything to screw the worker...I mean anything. Chisel away at any little thing they have...but ask them to work harder. What next?

So let's get this straight..
Obama made a EO giving scum buckets other peoples money

?

And now the scum buckets of life is mad that trump is saying no?

Why don't Obama give his $400,000 salary to them to make up for it?

To not pay overtime is simply wrong and any worker who disagrees isn't very bright. Its pretty simple...you want a worker to work overtime then pay time and a half. Otherwise don't ask workers to work more.....this country.....meh....going backwards. Anything to screw the worker...I mean anything. Chisel away at any little thing they have...but ask them to work harder. What next?

What's next? How about this:

You apply for a job where the employer states you may have to work over 40 hours a week, but get paid straight time. Refuse the offer.

Problem solved.

This is where the fun begins. "Trump Dumps on Chumps!" Should we start here, or when he announced that he is not going to throw Hillary in jail? No? Well, what about him deciding that he is not going to repeal Obamacare? Well, then there was that climate change agreement that he may not renege on. Then, of course, there is the wall, that is really a fence.

Has anyone noticed that Trump's nose seems to be getting longer, sort of like Nixon's?

Lol, you are sadly mistaken.

The high cost of salaries means fewer people actually have jobs, dude.

With Obamas regulations and union ass kissing, the economy was anemic, but now is already showing signs of robustness as the economy expects a Trump administration to undo all of Obama's stupidity.
I actually had to go look and see what this was about.
It is something that covers salary workers, not hourly.
It seems as if the law did cause people to lose their jobs as companies got rid of assistant manager positions. Other companies just raised the salary of certain employees to 48,500 to avoid the requirement to pay the over time. In some cases the raise was only a few thousand dollars to exceed the threshold.
I was salary instead of hourly for almost all of my working career, and although I did not make more money on those weeks that I exceeded 40 hours, I also at the same time did not make less money on the weeks where I didnt make the 40 hours in the first place. after all was said and done, I think I came pretty close to breaking even over the course of a year.
Now, if time and a half is required for salary workers under the 47k threshold, would the company also at its discretion, have the right to reduce the pay during those weeks that 40 hours was not met?
If paying more for hours worked over 40 is mandatory, and they are not allowed to reduce the paycheck for hours not met, this is a bad deal for the company. Salary works well for both the employee and the company, it allows both to have a set dollar amount for planning purposes. paying overtime to a salary employee takes away the benefit of a fixed expense from the company. At this point, my choice of an employer would be to no longer have salary positions in the first place. If an employee was salary at 45,000 a year, I would move him to hourly at 21.65 an hour and pay him only the hours worked. (and paid vacations).
The employee would lose in that deal.

It's not slavery when you accept a job on the employers terms. Slavery is working against your will and not getting paid.

I haven't gotten overtime pay in nearly 23 years. Overtime pay doesn't apply to truck drivers, and truck drivers and government have been enemies for years. We were even overlooked by this Obama plan.

it might not be technically slavery, but still the employer has often the upper hand if the workers dont organise and stand together, they can "bully" you into their terms often you accept terms you wouldnt because you need to feed your family.

it might not be technically slavery, but still the employer has often the upper hand if the workers dont organise and stand together, they can "bully" you into their terms often you accept terms you wouldnt because you need to feed your family.

That's silly. They don't bully you into anything. In most cases, it's discussed up front because it's a real pain in the ass for employers to lay people off and find new ones, so they lay their cards on the table to get the right employee.

Saying they bully you into working late is like saying your grocery store bullied you into buying their tomatoes. It's an option, the price is right in front of you, and if you don't care for the price, you can go across the street to see what they are asking for tomatoes.

We call it a salaried position.....

Mortimer, get your gun.....oh, wait......:lol:

This is where the fun begins. "Trump Dumps on Chumps!" Should we start here, or when he announced that he is not going to throw Hillary in jail? No? Well, what about him deciding that he is not going to repeal Obamacare? Well, then there was that climate change agreement that he may not renege on. Then, of course, there is the wall, that is really a fence.

Has anyone noticed that Trump's nose seems to be getting longer, sort of like Nixon's?

Or Obama's?

Wait and see what he does before criticizing him. Right now there is civil unrest in several places across the country. The last thing Trump wants to be responsible for his putting gas on the fire. Once he's sworn in and the clueless figure out there is nothing more they can do, they'll get off the streets and go home, and then Trump can carry out what he wants to do.

Forum List

Back