Millennials Too Lazy To Eat Cereal

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Unfreakingbelievable....they want the free stuff and are lazy to boot. We have a generation of wussies

It seems millennials are waging a new generational war—and the enemy is Cap'n Crunch. The Washington Post reports the sale of breakfast cereals in the US is down nearly 30% over the past 15 years. Part of that is growing preferences for things like smoothies and protein bars, according to the New York Times. But nearly 40% of millennials in a recent survey said eating cereal was "inconvenient ... because they had to clean up after eating it." And the fact that young people aren't eating cereal because "bowls don't clean themselves" should worry both cereal companies and "anyone who has a stake in this country's future," according to the Post. "Is a generational shift in how families raise their kids turning even the most mundane of responsibilities, like doing the dishes, into unthinkable nuisances?" thePost asks, pointing to a 2014 study that found only 28% of parents make their kids do chores.

Survey finds millennials are too lazy to eat cereal

Cap'n Crunch is like eating rusty hypodermic needles.

tumblr_n2wwesfGXh1s7mgnxo1_r1_500.gif

I almost never have breakfast. I know it is the most important meal of the day or whatever, but I just can't bring myself to eat that earlier. Even after the gym. Also, the bowls don't wash themselves. :(

I almost never have breakfast. I know it is the most important meal of the day or whatever, but I just can't bring myself to eat that earlier. Even after the gym. Also, the bowls don't wash themselves. :(

Dishwashers....an amazing invention. But I suppose it takes effort to walk over to one to load it

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Saw that this morning. I wonder who wipes their asses?

If someone is too lazy to clean a cereal bowl they are going to struggle in life.
and you really truly believe that someone who would rather have something portable, more nutritious, and clean is doing so solely because they don't want to clean a bowl?

But nearly 40% of millennials in a recent survey said eating cereal was "inconvenient ... because they had to clean up after eating it."

I must be a bad parent
I have two millennial children. One is in the USN serving his Country the other is going to Nursing school and working part time a phamacy. Both kept thier rooms clean and had to do chores at home. I should be locked up for child abuse.

Dishwashers....an amazing invention. But I suppose it takes effort to walk over to one to load it
Whoever invented the dishwasher deserves sainthood.

If someone is too lazy to clean a cereal bowl they are going to struggle in life.
and you really truly believe that someone who would rather have something portable, more nutritious, and clean is doing so solely because they don't want to clean a bowl?

I personally eat cereal in the mornings, but I can see how working people, who have to rush out of home, would prefer to grab a protein bar.

That's what it said. Maybe they lied, who knows. Cereal is a shitty breakfast but of all the reasons, cleaning the bowl is a pretty lame excuse. The day is going to get much harder unless you are bedridden.

Didn't read the article did you? Now you look really, really stupid
read it, and just because someone gives a glib answer doesn't mean they're lazy

Unfreakingbelievable....they want the free stuff and are lazy to boot. We have a generation of wussies

It seems millennials are waging a new generational war—and the enemy is Cap'n Crunch. The Washington Post reports the sale of breakfast cereals in the US is down nearly 30% over the past 15 years. Part of that is growing preferences for things like smoothies and protein bars, according to the New York Times. But nearly 40% of millennials in a recent survey said eating cereal was "inconvenient ... because they had to clean up after eating it." And the fact that young people aren't eating cereal because "bowls don't clean themselves" should worry both cereal companies and "anyone who has a stake in this country's future," according to the Post. "Is a generational shift in how families raise their kids turning even the most mundane of responsibilities, like doing the dishes, into unthinkable nuisances?" thePost asks, pointing to a 2014 study that found only 28% of parents make their kids do chores.

Survey finds millennials are too lazy to eat cereal

Definitely a first world whine.

I must be a bad parent
I have two millennial children. One is in the USN serving his Country the other is going to Nursing school and working part time a phamacy. Both kept thier rooms clean and had to do chores at home. I should be locked up for child abuse.

Our children have chores they do each day, if they don't they don't play

I'm technically considered a "millennial", and I don't eat cereal due to time restraints. I wake up a 5 am, and have to be at work by 6 am. But even in my situation this "I don't want to clean up" thing is ridiculous. Leave the fucking dish there. It will still be there when you get home. You can clean a bowl and spoon in 60 seconds.

I love my dishwasher but I find myself doing the dishes by hand a couple times of week. I find the whole process to be very relaxing, therapeutic even. I can feel all the stress of the day leave my fingertips into the warm water.

eat cereal right out of the box, problem solved.

Forum List

Back