Millennials: The Dumbest Generation in History?

Extra credit is not for people who failed to complete the work the first time. It is very well possible that your child found themselves in a hole so deep that it was too late. It would be a waste of time. You should have been concerned sooner if you wanted to resolve the situation and not wait so long.
Doesnt matter , it worked out better in the long run. They ended up in a Charter school with smaller classes more one on one tutoring and graduated with high grades. Instead of being pushed aside and passed on after not learning anything all year.

I am sorry, but it is your job as a parent to ensure they are learning. The teacher informs you through grade reports, online grade books, etc. If you ignore them and abdicate your responsibility, why is it the fault of the teacher?

I had parents who would come to school at the end of the year and scream at me for telling them their child would not pass.They would say, "Why didn't you tell me?" Then I would show them the grade reports they have access to on a daily basis, the progress reports sent home every 4 1/2 weeks, the report cards for each grading period, and the emails I sent home. Usually, they shut up, tucked their tails between their legs ,and mumbled some minor apology and then disappeared.
I did my job. I put them in a Charter school. Public school sucks.

No. You abandoned your responsibility as a parent and blamed the school. Then you ran away so that you could reclaim your dignity.

That’s a douche bag comment.

It would have been if YOU had made it.

..... Most of them have not received proper educations which include actual knowledge of subjects (history, math, science) and critical thinking. .....

How do you know that?

I have observed the changes in public education curriculum over time. It's appalling. And as most children are educated in public schools, they have been subjected to that curriculum.

Really? What changed in the curriculum that you do not like?

Could be, or more likely you completely misunderstood what they were saying. Either way, your overdramatized comments were wrong.

Oh, yeah that's right! I misunderstood for an entire semester of graduate school.....

Longer than that, it seems.

You bitch at people who don't understand the educational system yet make categorical statements about it, but here you are doing the same thing.

Why is it that you pick and choose your statements based on whether you agree or not, instead of what is actually true?

YOU made a statement that was untrue.

A statement made to me by a Chinese graduate student is untrue? Based on what? Your fucked up opinion?

Based on you lying or misunderstanding what you heard.

Oh, yeah that's right! I misunderstood for an entire semester of graduate school.....

You bitch at people who don't understand the educational system yet make categorical statements about it, but here you are doing the same thing.

Why is it that you pick and choose your statements based on whether you agree or not, instead of what is actually true?

A statement made to me by a Chinese graduate student is untrue? Based on what? Your fucked up opinion?

You sure are so confident in your abilities to determine anything about my experiences and who I talk to or about. That kind of arrogance is usually reserved for liberal politicians.

Why would I lie? Can you explain that?

Why would I misunderstand a statement by another graduate student that confirmed everything I had ever read about the Chinese educational system?

I think you just want to be a little prick and don't have the balls to back it up!

You may work in schools but your education is severely lacking. What are you, a teacher's aide?

More idiocy? Is that all you have?
Facts, Jack.

You would know a fact if a ton of them fell on your empty head. Put away that broad brush you keep using on public schools and learn why you are wrong.
How many threads going on the nonsense of public education?

And you defend each one.

Like I said, teachers are the root cause of the problem.

I defend public education from the broad-brush wielding morons like you who haven't darkened a school classroom door since they obviously threw you out from in middle school.
Of course you defend public education no longer teaching children basic education.
You're a teacher, the root cause of the problem.

Oh give it a rest.

The poor kids today stuck in public schools being taught by Trump hating snowflakes...all we can hope for is the kids will see through their psycho progressive BS.....

Um. I teach in public schools and voted for Trump in 2016. I plan to vote for him again in 2020. So I certainly don't hate him and do not consider myself a snowflake at all. For more proof, I'm a "freeloader"--I don't belong to my union, mostly for their disgusting stance on abortion.
You are my educational hero....

Thank you, but there are more of us than you might suspect. Especially in the "red states"....

How do you know that?

I have observed the changes in public education curriculum over time. ....

Observed from where?

From the world and by my eyes, brain, perception and cognitive abilities.

In other words, you have no idea and Are just parroting stuff you read on the Internet.

IOW, you have not bothered to inform yourself regarding what is taught in schools, the rate at which functional illiterates are graduated from high schools, and declining math and reading proficiency skills.

But thanks for playing.

Right because partly, unlike Europe, we have no system for separating kids in upper elementary school into groups targeted for "works with hands" and groups targeted for "college". We continue to fool ourselves that they all have a working IQ of 120 and a wonderful home life. Teachers are very, very good at being compassionate and hopeful for every child to their disadvantage and conservatives are very, very good at pretending that children are little learning robots. If the knowledge is not gained, teachers can be blamed and that's that.

Two in my family once taught in public schools. When the emphasis shifted from learning to indoctrination each quit and moved into tutoring.

1. No discipline problems.
2. Students who wanted to learn.
3. No mandatory extra duties.
4. Parents interested in their children's progress.
5. Yes, at the bottom of the list of each, better pay though fewer benefits.

So what was the problem? "Indoctrination" or discipline problems, students not wanting to learn, and uninterested children?

Does anyone understand the issue here? We have uninterested students and parents here with huge discipline problems and yet, somehow, they're so mesmerized by school they're easily "indoctrinated".

This is the orthodoxy of conservatives, the mindless stupidity they believe about public schools. It really can't be both.

Why would I lie? Can you explain that?

..?

To support your preconceived notions.

... your education is severely lacking. ...

Wrong again.

The children are our future.
Why I keep stocked up on survival food.

Public education is to blame.

Two-thirds of millennials don’t know what Auschwitz is

Related:

I know many brilliant Millennials. I also know many brilliant baby boomers.

Unfortunately, the baby boomers who aren't at all brilliant have had rather too much influence on the Millennials who follow in their footsteps.
I hate that shit. I have 6 kids 2 stepsons and a wife who are millennials.

And none of them think that the unemployment rate is at a record low because everyone has 2 jobs or think that the Earth is going to die in 12 years because of global warming.

My wife is a straight A medical student fer chrissakes. Not some crazy-eyed wannabe moron.

I have been working on a project to transfer old family movies and tapes into more modern stage media.

I have 8mm films from the 1950s and 1960s from both my wife's childhood and and my childhood.

I have VCR tapes from my sons growing up in the 1970s, 80s and 90s.

I have video of my grandchildren.

It is amazing to see the generational difference in what the kids did that was worthy of preserving with media.

Society has changed tremendously in my lifetime. I love my children and grandkids but they have a much different outlook on life than I did growing up in the 1950s.

Last edited:

Related:

Unfortunately, the baby boomers who aren't at all brilliant have had rather too much influence on the Millennials who follow in their footsteps.

And none of them think that the unemployment rate is at a record low because everyone has 2 jobs or think that the Earth is going to die in 12 years because of global warming.

My wife is a straight A medical student fer chrissakes. Not some crazy-eyed wannabe moron.

Do they believe that millions on Mexicans are coming across our borders to kill us and that Muslims secretly want us all dead?

Do they believe that all tax cuts pay for themselves?

YOU are to blame, troll.
I say this should be considered for a healthy share of the blame.

The Agenda: Grinding America Down

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

When a student knows nothing at the end of the school year than they did when they first walked in, it is the moral and ethical duty for teachers not to kick them out the door to the next grade.

They do worse then that. They give up on them before the school year even ends.

Laura Bush wabted to leave no child behind.

The correct way toread that is that we should do what we can to bring every child up to the level so he she can keep up.

The problem with blanket statements like that is they are simply unrealistic. They SOUND good. They don't work though.

If you assume the average human has an IQ of 100, then you will have a good number who fall below that. In ideal circumstances the ones who fall below can tread water fairly well. But if their circumstances are less than ideal, they just can't. They will fall behind. What do you really expect teachers to do about this? Does ANYONE have any solutions to teaching a child with an IQ of 85 to read at grade level when he has been in four elementary schools by second grade, does not know his father, and lives with his single mother in a hotel with her three other children?

Someone tell me how this teacher is magically not going to have to "leave this child behind"

That is my problem with leave no child behind

Every child has different capabilities. They should be taught to maximize their skill set not reach some arbitrary “pass/fail” level

For some, being able to drive a car, show up for work, sweep floors is as good as it gets

Related:

Do they believe that millions on Mexicans are coming across our borders to kill us and that Muslims secretly want us all dead?

Absolutely no that Muslims secretly want us all dead.

They make it very clear that is their goal. Just read the Koran.

Related:

Many of us believe that the filthy ass Mexicans and all their Central American cousins are coming across our borders to raid our welfare state until the money runs out and we all are fucked.

We see that in California that use to be a Conservative rich state. Now it has bat shit crazy Democrat leadership with the most poverty, the worst schools and the most debt. That is what Illegals will do the whole US if we allow the asshole to flood in.

Related:

Absolutely no that Muslims secretly want us all dead.

They make it very clear that is their goal. Just read the Koran.

I rest my case

Related:

Many of us believe that the filthy ass Mexicans and all their Central American cousins are coming across our borders to raid our welfare state until the money runs out and we all are fucked.

We see that in California that use to be a Conservative rich state. Now it has bat shit crazy Democrat leadership with the most poverty, the worst schools and the most debt. That is what Illegals will do the whole US if we allow the asshole to flood in.

There is a new scam illegals are defrauding the IRS with now. Using their itin numbers to claim child tax credits for multiple children living in Mexico. Upwards of 10 +. Some of them are frauduently getting child tax credit checks upwards of 10/12k or more.

For kids that don’t even belong to them. Apparently the IRS is letting them claim nieces and nephews.

Related:

There is a new scam illegals are defrauding the IRS with now. Using their itin numbers to claim child tax credits for multiple children living in Mexico. Upwards of 10 +. Some of them are frauduently getting child tax credit checks upwards of 10/12k or more.

For kids that don’t even belong to them. Apparently the IRS is letting them claim nieces and nephews.

We are allowing the assholes to steal from us. The Democrats because they need the voters and the Republicans because they are too chickenshit to do anything.

Thank god that Trump has the moral clarity to do the right thing. A Baby Boomer that stills understands that this country is being destroyed by the welfare state and Illegals. Something these stupid Millennials don't seem to understand.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back