Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Heheh. Not surprising some would be outraged, the SJW's show their true colours!

Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation ribbons and napping stations

Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation ribbons and napping stations

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – If I say lover of naps, “selfies” and participation ribbons, you would say . . . Millennials?

According to one Alabama minor league baseball team, those are the pillars of life for people born between the 1980s and early 2000s, along with avocados, craft beer and safe spaces.

In an effort to bring younger fans to the ballpark, the Montgomery Biscuits are hosting "Millennial Night" this weekend, but their advertising on social media set off an eruption of mixed feedback from the very group they’re trying to attract.

The Tampa Bay Rays’ Double-A affiliate, currently with a record of 15-11, tweeted last week: “Want free things without doing much work? Well you're in luck! Riverwalk Stadium will be millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21, with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados.”

Vice president of fan engagement, Mike Murphy, told Fox News this is just one of 70 promotions the Biscuits offer for their home games, ranging from Outdoors Night to Military Wednesdays and Autism Friendly Night.

Heheh. Not surprising some would be outraged, the SJW's show their true colours!

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – If I say lover of naps, “selfies” and participation ribbons, you would say . . . Millennials?

According to one Alabama minor league baseball team, those are the pillars of life for people born between the 1980s and early 2000s, along with avocados, craft beer and safe spaces.

In an effort to bring younger fans to the ballpark, the Montgomery Biscuits are hosting "Millennial Night" this weekend, but their advertising on social media set off an eruption of mixed feedback from the very group they’re trying to attract.

The Tampa Bay Rays’ Double-A affiliate, currently with a record of 15-11, tweeted last week: “Want free things without doing much work? Well you're in luck! Riverwalk Stadium will be millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21, with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados.”

Vice president of fan engagement, Mike Murphy, told Fox News this is just one of 70 promotions the Biscuits offer for their home games, ranging from Outdoors Night to Military Wednesdays and Autism Friendly Night.

Shocking, baseball in this day and age? I though it had died out before the year 2000.

Only the vocal few are expressing outrage, the rest of the Milenials are wondering about what kind of blanky they might get at the napping stations, lol.

If it were a real Millennial Night, no one would win the game. To spare "hurt feelings".

However, to be serious--it's unfair we blame the Millennials for the way they turned out. Their parents did it to them--I was there, teaching, I watched it happen. It was absolutely pathetic to be honest.

If it were a real Millennial Night, no one would win the game. To spare "hurt feelings".

However, to be serious--it's unfair we blame the Millennials for the way they turned out. Their parents did it to them--I was there, teaching, I watched it happen. It was absolutely pathetic to be honest.
Baboy Boomer Parents??

Baboy Boomer Parents??

After that....Generation X. My generation, basically. And yes, I guess some boomers maybe. Generation Helicopter Parent. I saw it all around me and it was terrible to resist, but I did it. My kids thought they were being neglected because I thought by fifth and sixth grade they could pack their own lunches, the poor dears. Yes, all their classmates still had Mommy packing their lunches.

I will leave it there because I could write essays and essays. My generation hobbled their children. That's why they have to call everything they do "adulting".

Forum List

Back