Millennials Have Little Use For The Gop

You guys just took a subject matter that's actually worthy of political discussion and made it all about each other, starting with the second post in the thread.

The grown-up in me feels like I should move this to the Rubber Room... but who am I to work against the tide of politics in America?

Carry on. :meow:

Jake started the thread, was there ever any doubt where the thread should end up?

If you are young and not liberal you have no heart, when get older and are not conservative you have no brain.
- Winston Churchill

I was like that! I was young worried only about getting laid! I lived off my rich father's dime. I graduated college, got a job, got married, started a family, bought a house, started to pay bills and grew up.

I saw liberalism for it's naiveness and the failure that it is. Eventually our children will also.

FYI my son is already liberal. He constantly says Obama is the best president ever and he doesn't understand why I don't like him.

It's not about being ultra liberal. This fight that continues on with the far right against the far left has left everyone in between lost. The far right is despised by the majority. While the far left is not far behind, it's becoming easier for those in the middle to move further away from the radicalism of the far right. The far right is about all that is left of the Republican Party. While that is still a very formidable percentage of voters, it's not enough to win national elections. Soon it won't be enough to win at the state level either.

Younger voters are not interested in social conservatism, constant fear and war mongering, and an encroaching police state under the guise of security. If this is the crap the GOP continues to push then I hope they whither away and die.

Most of them obviously identify the GOP with the far right's racism, sexism, homophobia, and religious perversions, based on the image below.

They all can vote for the first time in 2016, the year that may be historic if HRC runs and wins.

View attachment 32484

I have been saying for quite some time that 2016 is going to be an historic election year. It won't be because Hillary wins; it will be how she wins. It will be interesting.

We will be a dictatorship. One that silences people for holding any kind of offensive opinion. Fucking whiny fuckers.

Younger voters are not interested in social conservatism, constant fear and war mongering, and an encroaching police state under the guise of security. If this is the crap the GOP continues to push then I hope they whither away and die.

War will come our way as the ISIS won't stop. Russia and China won't stop building their war machine.

People like you don't live within reality if you can't see it.

If you are young and not liberal you have no heart, when get older and are not conservative you have no brain.
- Winston Churchill

I was like that! I was young worried only about getting laid! I lived off my rich father's dime. I graduated college, got a job, got married, started a family, bought a house, started to pay bills and grew up.

I saw liberalism for it's naiveness and the failure that it is. Eventually our children will also.

FYI my son is already liberal. He constantly says Obama is the best president ever and he doesn't understand why I don't like him.

It's not about being ultra liberal. This fight that continues on with the far right against the far left has left everyone in between lost. The far right is despised by the majority. While the far left is not far behind, it's becoming easier for those in the middle to move further away from the radicalism of the far right. The far right is about all that is left of the Republican Party. While that is still a very formidable percentage of voters, it's not enough to win national elections. Soon it won't be enough to win at the state level either.

While I admit, I thought the public would wake up to Democrats buying poor voters by now, it can't be too far off. We simply don't have the economy to recover from the whole liberals have created in debt.

You guys just took a subject matter that's actually worthy of political discussion and made it all about each other, starting with the second post in the thread.

The grown-up in me feels like I should move this to the Rubber Room... but who am I to work against the tide of politics in America.

Jake started the thread, was there ever any doubt where the thread should end up?

Like I said, it's a decent political discussion, the opener was only slightly leaning towards a 'call out' thread, and, bless your little heart saveliberty, you appear to actually be engaging in the topic. Well done.

Advice for many, but not for all:

If the post you are about to publish is all about another member and has little or nothing to say about the subject of the conversation, it's a troll post, plain and simple.

Most of them obviously identify the GOP with the far right's racism, sexism, homophobia, and religious perversions, based on the image below.

They all can vote for the first time in 2016, the year that may be historic if HRC runs and wins.

View attachment 32484

View attachment 32484

millennials are no more likely than Americans over 30 to say they are Democrats. Instead they are three times as likely to say they are independent ..."

This is new information from the most recent Reason-Rupe poll that took a magnifying glass to the millennial generation's voting habits and thoughts about politics.

"Millennials aren't liberals, they're social liberals and their fiscal centrists and their social attitudes are what is largely defining their political identities and driving their voting behavior," says Ekins.

Watch the video above to hear Ekins delve deeper into these results.

If conservatives want to save the Republican Party, look to people like Governor John Kasich of Ohio.

Gov. John Kasich Wants to Redefine Conservatism

I know most of you cons think I'm a far left liberal, but I'm voting for Kasich this time around. He deserves my vote because he has done a lot of good things for Ohio, including working around the legislature to get the Medicaid expansion approved in Ohio. Doing that does not make Kasich a liberal. It makes him intelligent, something seemingly lacking with most Republicans these days.

The survey Jake quoted used 18-29 year olds, hardly first time voters. Also, it was heavily weighted with Democratic voters.

Really? You are weak. Millennials were born from about to 1998 and after so that is why they ages are 18 to 29. Think! It is heavily weighted that way because that is what the numbers represent: reality.

Which we are not seeing from the far right here.

The far right is standing on the trap door with the offer of reprieve and all the older ones are saying is, "fuck, hang me."

Yet you clearly stated this was the first election (2016), they will vote in.

Democrats are the ones who forced them to pay for health insurance. They see the lack of transparency in Obama. All the debt heaped upon them by Obama.

Which they can ALL vote in. Read.

One reason they could be siding with the republicans is the racism against whites. Non-whites are pushed ahead of them in the work place and college. It isn't fair....I pray they keep voting republican. Republicans are the only ones that gives a damn about white people.

One reason they could be siding with the republicans is the racism against whites. Non-whites are pushed ahead of them in the work place and college. It isn't fair....I pray they keep voting republican. Republicans are the only ones that gives a damn about white people.

Millennials think you are the enemy, Matthew, not the people of color.

The grown-up in me feels like I should move this to the Rubber Room... but who am I to work against the tide of politics in America.

Like I said, it's a decent political discussion, the opener was only slightly leaning towards a 'call out' thread, and, bless your little heart saveliberty, you appear to actually be engaging in the topic. Well done.

Advice for many, but not for all:

If the post you are about to publish is all about another member and has little or nothing to say about the subject of the conversation, it's a troll post, plain and simple.

That is how I have understood troll posts, but in practice it doesn't seem to be the case. What do you understand to be the correct procedure for handling a troll post and outcome of a troll post? Most stand or the treads are reassigned to other sections correct?

"millennials are no more likely than Americans over 30 to say they are Democrats. Instead they are three times as likely to say they are independent ..."

Not according to the circle on post 1.

The far right is clearly in denial. The next two years are going to be very rough for them.

As usual, Flakey doesn't keep up with what is happening!

How Millennials Might Save The Republican Party - Forbes

This actually makes sense and is reflective of generational history.

Forbes, as usual, as does Vigi and SL, as usual, have it wrong, in that they refuse to see the gallows waiting for the extreme right.

Think! The GOP needs the millennials not the far right.

Would we expect you to utter anything else but your subversive bullshit...I think not!

Forum List

Back