Millennials Have Little Use For The Gop

One reason they could be siding with the republicans is the racism against whites. Non-whites are pushed ahead of them in the work place and college. It isn't fair....I pray they keep voting republican. Republicans are the only ones that gives a damn about white people.

Millennials think you are the enemy, Matthew, not the people of color.

Even as they get spit at because they're white. They'd have to be quite dumb not to see this.

I think the 2014 election is simple. Either voters decide gridlock is better than either party gaining an advantage, or they decide Obama is wrong for America and turn the Senate into a Republican majority.

While I admit, I thought the public would wake up to Democrats buying poor voters by now, it can't be too far off. We simply don't have the economy to recover from the whole liberals have created in debt.

A lot of people who are disenchanted with the dems after the last 8 years are disengaging from the process. If the republicans want to actually gain support among a majority of the populace rather than just taking the win on a lesser amount of disgust, they need to embrace their libertarian wing and change their message to support social freedoms.

If they don't, they may win in 2016 but then they'll end up losing after 4 or 8 in a continuing see-saw battle of the Lesser of Two Evils.

While I admit, I thought the public would wake up to Democrats buying poor voters by now, it can't be too far off. We simply don't have the economy to recover from the whole liberals have created in debt.

A lot of people who are disenchanted with the dems after the last 8 years are disengaging from the process. If the republicans want to actually gain support among a majority of the populace rather than just taking the win on a lesser amount of disgust, they need to embrace their libertarian wing and change their message to support social freedoms.

If they don't, they may win in 2016 but then they'll end up losing after 4 or 8 in a continuing see-saw battle of the Lesser of Two Evils.

Social beliefs are getting further and further into the loonier side of things. Transsexual craze, more then one partner in marriage and more. So you suggest we support this crazy shit?

You guys just took a subject matter that's actually worthy of political discussion and made it all about each other, starting with the second post in the thread.

The grown-up in me feels like I should move this to the Rubber Room... but who am I to work against the tide of politics in America.

Carry on. :meow:

Jake started the thread, was there ever any doubt where the thread should end up?

Like I said, it's a decent political discussion, the opener was only slightly leaning towards a 'call out' thread, and, bless your little heart saveliberty, you appear to actually be engaging in the topic. Well done.

Advice for many, but not for all:

If the post you are about to publish is all about another member and has little or nothing to say about the subject of the conversation, it's a troll post, plain and simple.

That is how I have understood troll posts, but in practice it doesn't seem to be the case. What do you understand to be the correct procedure for handling a troll post and outcome of a troll post? Most stand or the treads are reassigned to other sections correct?

Cleaning the politics section of troll posts around here is like herding cats or playing whack-a-mole, so, yeah, we let most of it go. It's sad that visitors have to wade through so much childish trolling to read a conversation, but there you have it. The cost of free speech appears to be a given amount of childish bullying, which is why I don't hang out in politics that much.

Now, lest we risk hijacking this thread...

Social beliefs are getting further and further into the loonier side of things. Transsexual craze, more then one partner in marriage and more. So you suggest we support this crazy shit?

I suggest that the government has NO BUSINESS dictating or restricting how we dress, who we fuck, who we marry and what we smoke.

Freedom and Liberty means tolerating your neighbors - even the weird ones.

If you are young and not liberal you have no heart, when get older and are not conservative you have no brain.
- Winston Churchill

I was like that! I was young worried only about getting laid! I lived off my rich father's dime. I graduated college, got a job, got married, started a family, bought a house, started to pay bills and grew up.

I saw liberalism for it's naiveness and the failure that it is. Eventually our children will also.

FYI my son is already liberal. He constantly says Obama is the best president ever and he doesn't understand why I don't like him.

It's not about being ultra liberal. This fight that continues on with the far right against the far left has left everyone in between lost. The far right is despised by the majority. While the far left is not far behind, it's becoming easier for those in the middle to move further away from the radicalism of the far right. The far right is about all that is left of the Republican Party. While that is still a very formidable percentage of voters, it's not enough to win national elections. Soon it won't be enough to win at the state level either.

Unlikely. There are about twice as many conservatives as liberals in society, so the distance that Republicans have to travel to capture the moderates is far less than the distance the Democrats have to travel. On this we have to overlay race - this is a great benefit to Democrats who pander on racial issues, and so racial interests will take higher priority than ideological interests. These are the two big push-pull issues in play and it's hard to predict how acting on one affects the other. The Democrats have far more problems here in that factions within their racial coalition are now at odds with each other - blacks and Hispanics want more affirmative action and Asians are blocking them and Republicans are on the sidelines of that battle. The messaging and coalition balancing is easier for the Republicans than for the Democrats.

Younger voters are not interested in social conservatism, constant fear and war mongering, and an encroaching police state under the guise of security. If this is the crap the GOP continues to push then I hope they whither away and die.

Younger voters grow older and their politics changes too.

Some good advice there. As a society becomes fractured with multiculturalism people disengage from community and so a libertarian approach is the best of a series of bad options. The community that social conservatives would like to resurrect can't be done in a multicultural society, that sense of community that America had in the 50s, with neighbors being friendly, looking after each other's kids, bankers and bakers going to the same Lodge meeting, that can't be brought back. Similarly the liberal vision of a social welfare state along the lines of Finland will never happen because that vision requires a unified society willing to share the burdens and all living by the same cultural rules. Liberals made their choice - they chose multiculturalism over social welfare. As both parties try to engineer their vision, people will reject those visions and hence libertarian approaches (just leave me alone) will grow in appeal.

Most of them obviously identify the GOP with the far right's racism, sexism, homophobia, and religious perversions, based on the image below.

They all can vote for the first time in 2016, the year that may be historic if HRC runs and wins.

View attachment 32484
True.

And this is in no way surprising. Even young voters attracted to conservative fiscal dogma are repulsed by the ignorance, fear, and hate exhibited by most on the social right.

In other words, folks, let's stay on the OP.

Sorry, RW (er, Jake), but obama has destroyed the dem party for the next 20 or 30 years. The old, ugly, tired, shrill, failure called HRC will never be president. Its over, the country tried liberalism and it failed miserably. But you got the black guy, hope it was worth destroying your party.

Sorry that you don't like blacks, but tough that, redfish.

If the far right can convince the millennials they are not the enemy, then you stand a chance.

Sorry, RW (er, Jake), but obama has destroyed the dem party for the next 20 or 30 years. The old, ugly, tired, shrill, failure called HRC will never be president. Its over, the country tried liberalism and it failed miserably. But you got the black guy, hope it was worth destroying your party.

The Democratic Party has not been destroyed nor has the Republican Party. The American people are too stupid to actually turn away from the duopoly ruining their country.

LOL, this might be one of Fakey's funniest (as in dumb) threads yet. LMAO.

Fakey we hate LIARS...that's what we hate. Now that truth is coming out about all you liberals' lies, we may soon kick up our heels and start partying instead.:banana:

I can't take a post that shows one party being known for nothing but negative attributes as anything other then what it is: partisan spin. Perhaps people that don't question what's being thrown at them are the problem in this country, not the one's pointing it out.

The Democratic Party has not been destroyed nor has the Republican Party. The American people are too stupid to actually turn away from the duopoly ruining their country.

To be honest, as much as the libs on this forum annoy me, at least they're not like all the narcissists that don't give a shit at all....the one's who aren't doing their most basic duty of trying to be AN INFORMED CITIZEN.

Sunni Man and EconChick can troll attack all they want, but the fact is that the chart is the chart, and less than one in four millennials like or lean GOP, the Dems have almost twice that many, and the independents in that group are lower (34%) than what I think is the national average of 40%.

Forum List

Back