Milking The Seals For All They're Worth

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
somalia_sm_2008.gif

Is this how Obama plans on winning reelection? By staging daring rescues and attacks in Central Africa? Risking the lives of our troops in the process?

(Reuters) - U.S. helicopters swooped into Somalia on Wednesday and rescued an American and a Dane after a shootout with pirates holding them hostage, in a rare raid into the Horn of Africa nation to free foreign captives.

The aid workers, American Jessica Buchanan and Dane Poul Hagen Thisted, were kidnapped from the town of Galkayo in the semi-autonomous Galmudug region in October while working for the Danish De-mining Group (DDG).

"This case is special ... we are dealing with one of the hostages having an illness which is very serious, and this is the reason there was made a decision to go in and take action," Danish Foreign Minister Villy Sovndal told Denmark's TV 2 News.

"We cannot conclude ... that it is something that will be done in future cases."

People involved with the hostages had said earlier this month Buchanan was suffering from a possible kidney infection.

The illness that made this rescue imperative was a "possible" kidney infection.

Taking into account there are still several hostages still being held by pirates in Somalia, do you think this was a wise move by the President???

LINKS

U.S. raid frees two pirate hostages in Somalia | Reuters

Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): Symptoms, Treatments, and Causes

He did nothing any other President running for re-election wouldn't do.

Hell. Authorizing the kill on UBL was the high point of his presidency.

I would have done the same.

He did nothing any other President running for re-election wouldn't do.

Hell. Authorizing the kill on UBL was the high point of his presidency.

I would have done the same.

So would I.

And I actually agree with you. UBL was the high point of his presidency.

He's trying to repeat it.

Forum List

Back