Militia in NV setting up checkpoints and demand ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2014/...e-raises-fears-among-locals-near-bundy-ranch/

“We must respect individual constitutional liberties, but residents of and visitors to Clark County should not be expected to live under the persistent watch of an armed militia,” Horsford wrote in a letter to Gillespie. “Residents have expressed their desire to see these groups leave their community. I urge you to investigate these reports and to work with local leaders to ensure that their concerns are addressed in a manner that allows the community [to] move forward without incident.”

They aren’t the only residents who feel threatened. According to a report from KLAS-TV in Las Vegas, the militiamen have also threatened people who live in the nearby town of Mesquite, and businesses there claim they have lost over $100,000 because of their presence.

The station reported that a local hotel was forced to evacuate all of its clients one evening following a bomb threat. The hotel also received at least nine threatening calls after it permitted Bureau of Land Management rangers to stay there. The callers demanded the BLM rangers be kicked out or the hotel “would not be standing in the morning.”

One hotel worker told the news crew he had been told by an anonymous militia member that he would be “dragged out in the parking lot and shot”.

News crews were unable to find any armed checkpoints when they went out searching for them. A militia group spokesman named Ryan Payne denied to KVVU-TV that they were conducting such checks.

“We are not to set up checkpoints, we are not to pull over civilians, without, you know, reasonable cause,” Payne said. Of course, militiamen have no legal right to pull anyone over – with or without reasonable cause.

But local residents remain far from assured. “We are not a playground for armed militias,” Horsford said. “This unfortunate incident and the outside groups that have come for their own agenda are putting a black eye on this community.”

...and there it is, my friends. The hero's of liberty and freedom have managed to terrorize the town, threatening citizens, business owners, and pretty damned much anyone they feel like bullying. The sooner they saddle up their pickup trucks get their tattooed asses back to Montana and Idaho, the happier everyone will be.

and there it is, my friends. another lying liberal parading around allegations as fact. problem is, all evidence points to the reality that the allegations are false. yet you ignore that evidence and pretend there were checkpoints. you're a liar.

deal with it.

Last edited:
I suspect this springs from reports he received from either outright imposters who claimed to be living there and weren't, or journalists who were just lying...and it's possible they are one and the same.

Or he made it up out of whole cloth.

I suspect Soros instructed him to concoct the tale. The first account was on DailyKOS, so Soros is the one holding Horsford's leash.

...and there it is, my friends. The hero's of liberty and freedom have managed to terrorize the town, threatening citizens, business owners, and pretty damned much anyone they feel like bullying. The sooner they saddle up their pickup trucks get their tattooed asses back to Montana and Idaho, the happier everyone will be.

So then, Horsford and you are lying through your fucking teeth about these check points in an attempt to slander and libel enemies of the party?

Well dayum, who would have guessed it....

If the militia thugs kill even one person, the government is justified in taking whatever action it has to to take these screwballs out. Time to lay down some law on these bastards.

I love how you silly people ignore the fact that the story is total bullshit. Really adds to your credibility...:cuckoo:

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2014/...e-raises-fears-among-locals-near-bundy-ranch/

“We must respect individual constitutional liberties, but residents of and visitors to Clark County should not be expected to live under the persistent watch of an armed militia,” Horsford wrote in a letter to Gillespie. “Residents have expressed their desire to see these groups leave their community. I urge you to investigate these reports and to work with local leaders to ensure that their concerns are addressed in a manner that allows the community [to] move forward without incident.”

They aren’t the only residents who feel threatened. According to a report from KLAS-TV in Las Vegas, the militiamen have also threatened people who live in the nearby town of Mesquite, and businesses there claim they have lost over $100,000 because of their presence.

The station reported that a local hotel was forced to evacuate all of its clients one evening following a bomb threat. The hotel also received at least nine threatening calls after it permitted Bureau of Land Management rangers to stay there. The callers demanded the BLM rangers be kicked out or the hotel “would not be standing in the morning.”

One hotel worker told the news crew he had been told by an anonymous militia member that he would be “dragged out in the parking lot and shot”.

News crews were unable to find any armed checkpoints when they went out searching for them. A militia group spokesman named Ryan Payne denied to KVVU-TV that they were conducting such checks.

“We are not to set up checkpoints, we are not to pull over civilians, without, you know, reasonable cause,” Payne said. Of course, militiamen have no legal right to pull anyone over – with or without reasonable cause.

But local residents remain far from assured. “We are not a playground for armed militias,” Horsford said. “This unfortunate incident and the outside groups that have come for their own agenda are putting a black eye on this community.”

and there it is, my friends. another lying liberal parading around allegations as fact. problem is, all evidence points to the reality that the allegations are false. yet you ignore that evidence and pretend there were checkpoints. you're a liar.

deal with it.

Yurt,
If you were to demand that I prove to you that water was wet, and I were to hold your head under water for 2 minutes, you would come up sputtering, "...so where is your PROOF!" You may as well change your phonograph record, because I have not seen you post anything else in the last week. We get it. You do not believe anything that you do not wish to believe. Now give it a rest! It is getting old. I am not going to respond to another "Where is your proof" messages. It is tiresome.

Now if some bastard stopped me with a few buddies armed with assault weapons, I really don't think that pulling out a cell phone and taking their pictures would lead to a long life span.

But for sure there have been many complaints about the presence and attitude of the loons from local people. All over the net.

deal with it.

Yurt,
If you were to demand that I prove to you that water was wet, and I were to hold your head under water for 2 minutes, you would come up sputtering, "...so where is your PROOF!" You may as well change your phonograph record, because I have not seen you post anything else in the last week. We get it. You do not believe anything that you do not wish to believe. Now give it a rest! It is getting old. I am not going to respond to another "Where is your proof" messages. It is tiresome.

Tiresome? What you silly people are presenting is propaganda. Propaganda needs no proof because it is lying for the provider of said propaganda. However, in the real world, if you make a claim and then can't back it up with ANYTHING...then you are simply lying and we need not pay you the slightest bit of attention.

Got it:eusa_whistle:

deal with it.

Yurt,

Tiresome? What you silly people are presenting is propaganda. Propaganda needs no proof because it is lying for the provider of said propaganda. However, in the real world, if you make a claim and then can't back it up with ANYTHING...then you are simply lying and we need not pay you the slightest bit of attention.

OMG! It's contagious!

Now if some bastard stopped me with a few buddies armed with assault weapons, I really don't think that pulling out a cell phone and taking their pictures would lead to a long life span.

But for sure there have been many complaints about the presence and attitude of the loons from local people. All over the net.

link up. and stop linking to the allegations from the congressperson...where are these complaints?

deal with it.

Yurt,

:lol:

how dare someone demand i prove my claims.

what a fracking crybaby. all you have are allegations and you think allegations are proof. obama was born in kenya. it is allegation, now you must accept it as proof or else you just proved your intellectual dishonesty.

:lol:

Yurt,

OMG! It's contagious!

Yes, your particular strain of bullshit is contagious. Morons like you push lies and people do die from your crap. Back in the old days it was called "yellow journalism" you should look it up sometime.

Old Rocks,

It's called passive aggressive. My X-wife was a master at it. Never respond to any question, allegation, accusation, complaint or comment with a response, other than a demand for some sort of answer from you.

Do yourself a favor. Don't fall for it. I did for years, before I realized how it worked.

So far it hasn't been proven checkpoints were set up.

Sheriff Gillespie already said there are no, and never were any checkpoints.

It was a lie form the start, perpetrated by a member of congress - who should be censured.

I've written my congressman demanding that Horsford be dragged before the House Ethics committee and face censure over this. I urge every thinking person here to do the same. (I make no such request to the democrats here.)

I've asked before, I'll ask again, where did the alleged statement by Sheriff Gillespie come from. That is a major claim to be made. The Sheriff of Clark county is a key figure in this story. If he made the statement that he confirms no checkpoints ever existed, that would be a huge story, but I have been unable to find it. Some folks are presenting the claim as fact. How about some proof, just as a courtesy.

What's funny is the only source of this shit is a blog called 3chickspolitico.com which is a progressive dimwit group. The photo they use for their allegation ARE THE BLM COPS THAT HAD SET UP A ROAD BLOCK!

As I said yesterday, I talked to Masto and she had no clue of any of this. She's the state Attorney General.

Old Rocks,

It's called passive aggressive. My X-wife was a master at it. Never respond to any question, allegation, accusation, complaint or comment with a response, other than a demand for some sort of answer from you.

Do yourself a favor. Don't fall for it. I did for years, before I realized how it worked.

:lol::lol::lol: What a silly person...you don't even know what passive/aggressive means. How unsurprising. What a doofus.

Old Rocks,

:(

the mean posters asked me to back up my claim

:(

If the militia thugs kill even one person, the government is justified in taking whatever action it has to to take these screwballs out. Time to lay down some law on these bastards.

Maybe complete genocide of the white race? Aren't you democrats urging preemptive implementation of that plan anyway?

You are goofy, bub. How do you come up with that nonsense? You make as much sense as Yurt: none.

If the militia are doing as the OP says, then take them out.

If they are not, then the OP is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back