Military jet crashes in San Diego neighborhood

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
CNN) -- A military jet crashed into a residential neighborhood in San Diego, California, on Monday as it tried to land at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, an FAA spokesman told CNN.

The pilot ejected before the jet, an F/A-18, went down two miles from the airfield about 11:55 a.m. PT, Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said.

Information about injuries wasn't immediately available, Gregor said. CNN affiliate KGTV reported that the pilot was transported to a local hospital in "mild status."

Aerial video broadcast by KGTV shortly after the crash showed thick gray smoke billowing from what appeared to be a heavily populated residential area of several houses near Interstate 805.

Two homes were destroyed, and officials don't know whether anyone was inside the structures during the crash, said Maurice Luque of the San Diego Fire Department, according to KGTV.

Military jet crashes in San Diego neighborhood - CNN.com

I saw this on TV... scary. Thank God the pilot ejected. Hopefully no one was in their home at the time and this will just cause property damage.

Now the question is how does the most technologically advanced fighter in our air force have enough technical problems that the pilot must eject and the fighter is destroyed? Hopefully the Russians aren't watching.

I saw this on TV... scary. Thank God the pilot ejected. Hopefully no one was in their home at the time and this will just cause property damage.

Now the question is how does the most technologically advanced fighter in our air force have enough technical problems that the pilot must eject and the fighter is destroyed? Hopefully the Russians aren't watching.

Oh my god David, I KNOW!! An accident in AMERICA??? Who the fuck would have thought????

It happens.

Two known dead at present. Fighter aircraft are complex high strung machinery. To me, it is a testiment to the skill of the pilots and mechanics that there is not more of this kind of thing.

Shit happens even when the Russians arent looking.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCbkBfdBrQ]YouTube - THE BEST AIR RACE PILOT EVER!!![/ame]

Forum List

Back