Alleged 9/11 plotters say they want to confess

As Eots said, confession after what approaches 7 years in isolation will look fishy, apart from that the guy wishes to become a martyr. Two Birds with one stroke for him.

If I would be in his situation I would use a tu qouque defense and attract as much publicity as possible. Worked quite nice for German Generals.

you cant torture people and hold them captive for 7 years and not expect to get a confession ...look at MCcain..it has zero credibility
LOL typical

a total of 3 people were waterboarded,(not really torture) for a total of 5 minutes
you have ZERO credibility

As Eots said, confession after what approaches 7 years in isolation will look fishy, apart from that the guy wishes to become a martyr. Two Birds with one stroke for him.

If I would be in his situation I would use a tu qouque defense and attract as much publicity as possible. Worked quite nice for German Generals.
this is why it is STUPID to put them in the US Justice system

I heard they want to get the death penalty so they can die as martyrs.

What I dont get is why do not wish to go for the publicity. The normal thing to do for them would of course to die as a martyr (thats going to happen anyway), but they are willing to pass on the option of accusing the evil USA in front of a world audience before defiantly marching to their assured execution?

I think the correct response would be to sentence them to live "since they confessed and cooperated". That would make the USA look "mercifull", make them look "weak" (I bet these guys would literally hate that more than beeing killed) and really piss of this would be martyrs.

What I dont get is why do not wish to go for the publicity. The normal thing to do for them would of course to die as a martyr (thats going to happen anyway), but they are willing to pass on the option of accusing the evil USA in front of a world audience before defiantly marching to their assured execution?

I think the correct response would be to sentence them to live "since they confessed and cooperated". That would make the USA look "mercifull", make them look "weak" (I bet these guys would literally hate that more than beeing killed) and really piss of this would be martyrs.
We should do what the British did in India, I think around the turn of the 19th century. The Muslims were causing them serious problems - this is how they solved the problem:

To Muslims pigs are considered spiritually dirty animals. So the Brits started burrying the Muslim dead in pig carcasses. This terirfied the Muslims who believed those burried so would not be allowed in heaven. Problem solved...

We should do what the British did in India, I think around the turn of the 19th century. The Muslims were causing them serious problems - this is how they solved the problem:

To Muslims pigs are considered spiritually dirty animals. So the Brits started burrying the Muslim dead in pig carcasses. This terirfied the Muslims who believed those burried so would not be allowed in heaven. Problem solved...
thats a myth, gord

snopes.com: Pershing and Pigs

and it wasnt the brits, but Gen Pershing

I found this on Wikipedia:

Siege of Cawnpore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recapture and violence by the British soldiers

The Company forces reached Kanpur on July 16, and captured the city. A group of British officers and soldiers set out to the Bibighar, to rescue the captives, assuming that they were still alive. However, when they reached the site, they found only dead bodies of the British women and children.

Brigadier General Neill, who took the command at Kanpur, decided to sentence the arrested rebels immediately, unless they could prove a defence. They were forced to clean the blood from the floor of the Bibighar compound. Then, they were forced to eat beef (if Hindu) or pork (if Muslim) — something they considered unholy. Some of the Muslim sepoys were sown into pig skins before being hung, and sweepers were employed to execute the high-caste Brahmin rebels. The idea was to humiliate the religious victims and prevent any reward they might have expected in the afterlife. After that, the rebels would be hanged and then buried in a ditch at the roadside.

LOL typical

a total of 3 people were waterboarded,(not really torture) for a total of 5 minutes
you have ZERO credibility

Sure, and no prisoners died anywhere in US custody from torture. Would you care to repeat any more lies concerning the use of torture by the US in the last eight years?

They are playing the system...again.

The death penalty rules for the military tribuial says that the death penalty may only be applied if the verdict of the jury is unamimous. If they plead guilty, there is no jury. They've even got the head trial judge confused. As of right now, he isn't accepting their pleas.

Sure, and no prisoners died anywhere in US custody from torture. Would you care to repeat any more lies concerning the use of torture by the US in the last eight years?
so, is gitmo the only place where the US had custody?
since i was referencing gitmo ONLY

If they wish to plea guilty and take execution, then for God's sake, be nice and give them what they want. They are happy and we can save some money. Seems like a win/win to me.

They or at least their leader want a martyr's death.

I say go ahead and provide us, who exactly will they inspire?

Anyone that would get fired up over them already would be willing to kill and be killed.

Forum List

Back