Military has little faith in Obama

I can't stand Bush. But no one has been able to PROVE he knew there were no weapons. They probably thought there were weapons left over that we and Britain gave Saddam in the 1980's.

It could be proven if Bush were to submit himself to cross examination. As I understand it he has never been put in that position. So that point is irrelevant.

It could be proven if Bush were to submit himself to cross examination. As I understand it he has never been put in that position. So that point is irrelevant.
and not legal in this country
you can not be forced to testify against yourself

They're still Americans, and are entitled to all the protections of the Bill of Rights that you are. That includes freedom of speech, you nitwit.
Sorry, Kitty, you aren't quite correct. While they are on active duty they lose some of their rights.

My dad was in the Navy.
My brother did ten years in the Navy.
My sister in law retired from the Navy two years ago.
My cousin Wes is a career officer in the Navy.
My boyfriend of a year is a Commander in the Navy.

Jesus Christ. YOu seriously do not know shit about dick.
Oh, THE NAVY!:lol:

Oh yes, your oh so successful war! We invaded on the basis a lies. There were no WMD, and Bush knew it. The UN Inspectors had proven that to be the case. Our own inspectors proved it to be the case afterwards.

We should get out of Iraq as quickly as is logistically possible. We should not spend one more unneccessary cent on this debacle. In Afghanistan, get Bin Laden, even if it means pissing off the Pakis. Then get out of there. Time to spend our money on our own problems.

People like you enabled Bush in failing to avenge 9-11, and putting us in our present economic position. Even most conservatives now admit Bush's legacy is one of unmitigated failure in every sphere.
So you too would have pulled out before the surge and allowed Iraq to turn into a bloodbath just to embarrass Bush. I thought liberals like you were all for human rights and compassion and all that - I guess not.

And even though there were a multitude of reasons to invade Iraq you would not have, but you would invade Pakistan to get bin Laden even though there are no other reasons to invade and there is no proof he is even there. Are you completely blind to the idiocy of your position?!? :confused:

and not legal in this country
you can not be forced to testify against yourself

He can be questioned just like any other American.

Remember you guys thought Clinton should not be protected from testifying in a court of law while presidnet?

57% of active military personnel and 66% of officers identified as Republican in 2003. This is in answer to the original thread topic. The military has become even more R leaning over the last few years. Not alot of Democrats signed up because they did not believe in the war. So the fact that this current military sees a republican president as better is no surprize to any thinking person.

He can be questioned just like any other American.

Remember you guys thought Clinton should not be protected from testifying in a court of law while presidnet?

57% of active military personnel and 66% of officers identified as Republican in 2003. This is in answer to the original thread topic. The military has become even more R leaning over the last few years. Not alot of Democrats signed up because they did not believe in the war. So the fact that this current military sees a republican president as better is no surprize to any thinking person.
as jillian pointed out, not in a CRIMINAL case
the case Clinton had was a CIVIL case

Whatever the true views of the military personnel, they've earned the right to say them like none of the rest of us have. God bless 'em. :clap2:

it's interesting though that the ones whom I personally know feel hella better about Obama as CinC than they do about Bush. Like one said to me the other day, "HTF could Obama screw up any worse than sending us where we shouldn't be, just to make his friends richer? F Bush. Obama's the MAN. Any F***** tellin' you different is a lifer spewin' a line, or an officer who doesn't have to do what we do."

Sorry, Kitty, you aren't quite correct. While they are on active duty they lose some of their rights.

They do not lose the right to respond to a poll or exercise free speech. They don't get to speak for their unit, their commanding officers, or their branch of the service, nor can they address ongoing operations that might endanger their peers. They do, however, get to speak for themselves, and express opinions. That's WHY so many implanted journalists have had interviews with the troops.

Now, when a number of service personnel express views that are anti-Messiah, you think they should be drummed out of the service and shut up.

bad form, Ravi.

And, don't fucking mock the Navy. It's not like you have gotten off your ass and served your country.

Last edited:
Nor have participants in any recent American military campaign done particularly much to serve this country, though the majority of the blame rests on the shoulders of their commanders. The recent campaigns of the American military have served to make multitudes wary of American interventionism and depleted our wallets, but they have accomplished few strategic or moral objectives.

Lest I be accused of hatred and revilement of American military personnel, I'll say that my uncle was in the Navy, another uncle was in the Air Force, my cousin's a soldier in Iraq, a cousin from an older generation earned a Purple Heart from service in the Korean war, etc. When I was in the Scouts, I wanted to join the Marines as several members of our troop did, but I'm not going to participate in this idiocy. Wake me up when the American military is participating in an admirable campaign.

My daughter-in-law is in Afghanistan.

It terrifies her and me and everyone else with any sense to think that Obama will be reducing troops in Iraq on a fucking TIMETABLE leaving the last to go as targets.

Step right up to the "Kill an American" smorgasborg, terrorist pieces of shit. This is how many we'll have, where they'll be lined up, and this is when you can re-flood the country again. To the minute.

But that will be the case no matter when we leave. And if being a target is a concern why join the military in the first place?

2008 Military Times poll: Wary about Obama

Troops cite inexperience, Iraq timetable
By Brendan McGarry - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Jan 2, 2009 10:09:24 EST

When asked how they feel about President-elect Barack Obama as commander in chief, six out of 10 active-duty service members say they are uncertain or pessimistic, according to a Military Times survey.

In follow-up interviews, respondents expressed concerns about Obama’s lack of military service and experience leading men and women in uniform.

“Being that the Marine Corps can be sent anywhere in the world with the snap of his fingers, nobody has confidence in this guy as commander in chief,” said one lance corporal who asked not to be identified.

2008 Military Times poll: Wary about Obama - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

This doesn't surprise me.

After all, what sort of people are most likely to join our all volunteer military force?

I'd have to guess that politically speaking, they're somewhat more conservative than the general population.

So naturally, Obama isn't the kind of person that's going to inspire much confidence for them.

They'll get over it.

But that will be the case no matter when we leave. And if being a target is a concern why join the military in the first place?

Because some people realize that serving our country is an honorable, caring and necessary thing to do. No matter who is in charge.

(@*$^()^@%$^*$&(@$-head.

of course you were against it at first
then when it turned out to work, you had no choice

did you or did you not want a complete pullout from Iraq back in 2004?

the rest of what you bolded is just more opinion
i know its hard for you to understand the difference, the media has been feeding you opinion as fact for years

Yeah, he changed his tune the second O blah blah told him to LOL.

Nor have participants in any recent American military campaign done particularly much to serve this country, though the majority of the blame rests on the shoulders of their commanders. The recent campaigns of the American military have served to make multitudes wary of American interventionism and depleted our wallets, but they have accomplished few strategic or moral objectives.

Lest I be accused of hatred and revilement of American military personnel, I'll say that my uncle was in the Navy, another uncle was in the Air Force, my cousin's a soldier in Iraq, a cousin from an older generation earned a Purple Heart from service in the Korean war, etc. When I was in the Scouts, I wanted to join the Marines as several members of our troop did, but I'm not going to participate in this idiocy. Wake me up when the American military is participating in an admirable campaign.

Display your usual brilliance, are you?

The military doesn't choose its wars, junior. Politicians do. I'll bet you're one of those Einstein's that believes guns kill people, not that people kill people.

Idiot. Blaming the tool instead of the hand that wields it.

Forum List

Back