Military has little faith in Obama

Bullshit again.
Name the many parallels, einstein.

1.) Both wars were started really over a idea or to stop the spread of an idea.

Vietnam: Communism
Iraq: Terrorism

2.) American troops in both places fought guerrilla warfare with difficult terrain and against insurgents that knew the terrain better.

3.) The enemy attacks at a time and place of it's own choosing then blends right back into the rest of the population.

4.) We're facing an enemy who refuses to play by our rules and clearly willing to die for their beliefs then give up.

5.) The U.S. military has generally refused to account for civilian casualties in Iraq. The same thing occurred in Vietnam for any civilians we happened to kill by accident.

6.) Neither country population really wants the troops there.

7.) No real plan of victory going into Vietnam or Iraq. There was none by the time we left Vietnam and none for Iraq currently.

8.) Both wars have drained billions of dollars from the federal budget.

9.) Both wars have gained a great amount of protest at home, demanding that our troops be brought home.

I can name more if you like.

There are no parallels between viet nam and iraq, except in the mind of lefties. Whole different scenario, different enemy, different reasons for going in. The only thing that is the same is that the libs don't want us to win.

Fuckin moron you are Allie.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana.

The scenario isn't that much different. Instead of a Jungle, it's urban warfare.

Instead of the Vietcong, it's terrorists.

Different idea to try and crush, but the intent was all the same.

You cannot kill a idea, and there is no winning in Iraq you dumbfuck.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | No victory in Iraq, says Petraeus

Even General Petraeus admitted that:

He said he did not know that he would ever use the word "victory": "This is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade... it's not war with a simple slogan."

So go back to watching Fox News, because obviously all you add to the conversation is misrepresentations, bullshit, and lies.

As I said, it's all in the mind of the lefties.

"Started over an idea"...are you serious? Lol.

Sigh. I don't get Fox. I keep telling you and Booboo that, you moron twins.

As I said, it's all in the mind of the lefties.

"Started over an idea"...are you serious? Lol.

Yes started over an idea.

The War in Vietnam was to combat the spreading of Communism throughout the world.

The War in Iraq was to combat the spreading of Terrorism throughout the world.

Why do you think we funded and gave CIA training to Osama Bin Laden and what came to be the Taliban to fight the Soviet Union in the 80's? Kicks and giggles?

The Cold War wasn't really that cold. The Soviets had troops in Vietnam, supplied the VC and NVA with weapons and funding.

It was a back and forth war in which each side used group really as puppets when they didn't fight directly.

There are no parallels between viet nam and iraq, except in the mind of lefties. Whole different scenario, different enemy, different reasons for going in. The only thing that is the same is that the libs don't want us to win.

There are a number of military men who have drawn parallels between the two in interviews. Presumably these are all lefty liberal military men who don't want to win....

Good grief, I can't get over that. They're alike because they're both the product of IDEAS.

Her..how about the IDEA of abolishing slavery? How about the IDEA of liberty?

All wars are based on an IDEA.

That just cracks me up.
Oh..here's another parallel....

IN BOTH WARS PEOPLE FOUGHT.

It's like fifth grade.

There are a number of military men who have drawn parallels between the two in interviews. Presumably these are all lefty liberal military men who don't want to win....

Parallels Between Iraq War and Vietnam War Are Piling Up

I served a tour of duty in Vietnam in 1970-71 and returned in the late 1980s for the first of several prolonged visits. Based on my experience, Iraq today looks more and more like the Vietnam I knew firsthand as an army intelligence officer more than three decades ago.

The Striking Similarities Between Vietnam and Iraq: Can You Say Quagmire?

While on vacation in Crawford, Texas, Commander-in-Chief George W. Bush must have been drinking from the same well as Lyndon B. Johnson when LBJ got American boots stuck in Southeast Asia’s unforgiving swamps. . . . LBJ consequently lost his job and caused millions of American and Vietnamese casualties. Let’s hope that GWB isn't leading us down another rocky road.
--Col. David Hackworth, U.S. Army Retired

And another interesting quote:

We of the Kennedy and Johnson administrations who participated in the decisions on Vietnam acted according to what we thought were the principles and traditions of this nation. . . . Yet we were wrong, terribly wrong. We owe it to future generations to explain why.
--Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense in the 1960s

Damn those left wing commie pinkos! :eek:

Good grief, I can't get over that. They're alike because they're both the product of IDEAS.

Her..how about the IDEA of abolishing slavery? How about the IDEA of liberty?

All wars are based on an IDEA.

That just cracks me up.
Oh..here's another parallel....

IN BOTH WARS PEOPLE FOUGHT.

It's like fifth grade.

It's obvious you cannot have an intelligent thoughtful conversation.

Go back to the kids table and don't break anything.

“Being that the Marine Corps can be sent anywhere in the world with the snap of his fingers, nobody has confidence in this guy as commander in chief,” said one lance corporal who asked not to be identified.

I find this unsurprising. The military skews to the right and is inherently more conservative than the overall U.S. Furthermore, in polls of the military in 1992, they said the same thing about Clinton.

Obama was running against a veteran war hero with years of senatorial experience, and a deep level of experience with military affairs. Obama is a smart man, but he has never served. Who would you trust more, if you were in uniform, to understand your perspectives and represent you?

I wouldn't worry about it. Our armed forces served with honor under Clinton (and he put them in extreme harm's way in Somalia). They'll do the same under Obama, and hopefully, Obama WON'T hamstring them like Clinton did.

You want to understand better why military personnel are worried about Obama? Watch Blackhawk Down and get back to us.

Yes, I know.

USATODAY.com - Some veterans of Vietnam see Iraq parallel

Officers see parallels with Vietnam - Local & State - News & Observer

I don't see perhaps as many parallels as you do, but Allie saying it's just "left wing spin" is stupid.

Why do they teach Military History at West Point? Because every good officer knows that things can be learned from previous conflicts.

They're the same because they had weapons and followed orders.

OMG! It's Viet Nam all over again!

Yes, god forbid that men and women whose job it is to fight wars and potentially die in uniform should ever express an opinion of concern about their newest commander in chief.

IDIOTIC POST.
IMO, the military should project a united front unless they think the president is operating in an unconstitutional and harmful manner to the country. They do sign up for this shit, you realize.

IMO, the military should project a united front unless they think the president is operating in an unconstitutional and harmful manner to the country. They do sign up for this shit, you realize.
somehow, i doubt you had that opinion for the last 8 years

:lol::lol::lol:

omfg,, how many times during the election did you moron DUMmies drag out every soldier who disagreed with this war and parade him up and down? omg omg omg.. you've gone to far this time. Like we should listen now that you want UNITED. Holy shit! :cuckoo::lol::lol:

and btw. I feel sorry for our soldiers. they listened to that braggart over a KOS promising to end this war and bring our troops home. Ha! all he's gonna do is what Booooosh did and then when he's trough with Iraq the poor soldiers will get shipped to Afghanistan!

Forum List

Back