Military has little faith in Obama

Okie dokie, Mr. President. Next time why don't you pick a war where we actually didn't bungle things for years to make your case that we were prepared.

The "war" lasted three weeks. The OCCUPATION was bungled, which caused that to go on for years. We had fewer than 20% of the forces needed to properly secure the country after we toppled the government.

But even with the troops we had, we could have taken control of things much faster. We made two strategic blunders almost immediately:

1) Fallujah -- early on, we had a large percentage of the insurgents and their Al Queda counterparts surrounded in Fallujah. This was the place they hung those four burned bodies on the bridge. Instead of doing what should have been done, completely raize the city of 300,000 to rubble and kill every living thing there, we withdrew. Big mistake.

2) We had Al Sadr's militia surrounded with the core of that group held up in Najaf, the Shiite holy city in the gold domed mosque which was their holiest site. Instead of blowing up the mosque and killing everything inside it and capturing and killing Sadr, we let them all go, worried about enraging the Shiites. Irony was, the mosque was destroyed by Sunni insurgents shortly afterwords, anyway and the Shiite went ballistic anyway.

3) Failure to establish and ENFORCE curfews with lethal force. Anyone, man, woman, child, dog, caught out after curfew is shot on sight, not questions asked. We did it for two years in Japan and killed over 100,000 violators without any reservation. Should have done it in Iraq, too

Last edited:
My dad was in the Navy.
My brother did ten years in the Navy.
My sister in law retired from the Navy two years ago.
My cousin Wes is a career officer in the Navy.
My boyfriend of a year is a Commander in the Navy.

Jesus Christ. YOu seriously do not know shit about dick.

wow you dont even have the one oddball who may have been in the army....:lol:

liberals dont seem to understand simple facts

Bull****. We understand as much & as well as any other citizen. You might think your sarcasm is cute and witty, but it fails utterly on both fronts.

My sons, combat vet Marines, understood that the Corps gets little money and supplies. They became Marines. They understood that they don't get a choice of where to serve, or when. They became Marines. They understood that whether you are civilian or military, things aren't always done correctly, no matter your job description. They bacame Marines and continue to be proud LIBERAL American citizens.

Do you ever think before you post, or is verbal diarrhea and empty rhetoric your preferred life choice?

only a fucking moron like YOU, wouldnt get it

you go with what you have in the inventory at the time
you dont wait for the next generation of equipment

I think you're missing the point.

That is definitely true in a necessary war like for example WWII.

The invasion of Iraq?

Not in that league.

For your information Ravi Up armored humvees weren't in high need until after the invasion when we were getting hit with IED's. The invasion took place with everything we needed. We didn't need armored humvees but they are nice to have. So there is no contradiction we had what we needed to get the job done. So before you grace this thread once again with your unrivaled idiocy please think before you post.

Oh, really? You DON'T think that in 2004, when my oldest went in, that there was a NEED FOR THEIR VEHICLES TO BE UPARMORED?! For that matter, don't our troops deserve to have BASIC equipment needs filled before we send them into war? What defines "high need" for you, when it's just YOUR ass in danger of dying? ARE YOU ON CRACK? :eek:

Was your ass in the line of fire? If so, did you have what you needed? If not, and if no one you care about was, if you don't know what the hell you are talking about, why are your gums flapping as if you do know?

That kind of talk makes me throw up a little in my mouth. :evil: :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Grandfather Army Retired
Father Army Retired
Me Army Current

You are looking at it from an emotional viewpoint. We did not need up armored humvees the invasion was a success we did what we needed with what we needed to do it. By the way to assume that if people were not in a war zone they don't know what they are talking about is absurd because then would you really know what you were talking about?

I should have made myself clearer. That viewpoint was from my sons' perspectives who were and are there.

The question remains, do you actually think that sending someone into a dangerous sitation unprepared is the best way for them to succeed? My sons and I three all disagree with you. Vehemently.

I should have made myself clearer. That viewpoint was from my sons' perspectives who were and are there.

The question remains, do you actually think that sending someone into a dangerous sitation unprepared is the best way for them to succeed? My sons and I three all disagree with you. Vehemently.

You do not sit and wait and continually plan.. for there is always a way to be more prepared in someone's mind.. all the while the enemy also plans, prepares, upgrades, etc....

It is not that we were unprepared... but possibly under prepared in terms of ALL situations.. we were and are fully prepared in many aspects of the operation

I never said sending them in there unprepared was right or the best way for them to succeed. I said we had what we needed. We will never operate in the lap of luxury. Hindight is 20/20. But as for what we viewed the current threat to be, immediate action was required we had the best equipment available at that time.

I never said sending them in there unprepared was right or the best way for them to succeed. I said we had what we needed. We will never operate in the lap of luxury. Hindight is 20/20. But as for what we viewed the current threat to be, immediate action was required we had the best equipment available at that time.
well, of course if they didnt have these things in 2003 that didnt even exist in the inventory till 2004 then its all Bush's fault

we should have held off D-day till we had the M1-A2's

lol indeed

What most peope don't know is that we started up armoring humvees in Iraq after the IED's began exploding. The first ones were average humvees reinfored with steel in the FOB's not gov issued.

Forum List

Back