Military Experience Worthy of Deferring To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rtwngAvngr said:
conversations change onto other topics as they go along. It's called human interaction, look into it.

Yeah RWA, I interact with lots of actual human beings, all day long. Conversations do evolve, but with a thread to them. You cut and trample the ideas of others with bluster, attacks, and self-puffery.

Usually I do not care if a thread goes off, but the Iran thread is a topic to some and I'd just added something from the head of the Arab league. You certainly do know how to start another thread.

Oh yeah, ask me now 'why I don't like you,' (at least for the next 5 minutes). See, 'if one likes someone,' they do not attack as you have me. :bye1:

Kathianne said:
Yeah RWA, I interact with lots of actual human beings, all day long. Conversations do evolve, but with a thread to them. You cut and trample the ideas of others with bluster, attacks, and self-puffery.

Usually I do not care if a thread goes off, but the Iran thread is a topic to some and I'd just added something from the head of the Arab league. You certainly do know how to start another thread.

Oh yeah, ask me now 'why I don't like you,' (at least for the next 5 minutes). See, 'if one likes someone,' they do not attack as you have me. :bye1:

Hey, kat, I think you're missing some breaking news somewhere! :teeth:

rtwngAvngr said:
Hey, kat, I think you're missing some breaking news somewhere! :teeth:
Oh, I get it. By not responding to us, you're being condescending. It's your quiet way of calling us retarded children. Now you're patronizing us. :rolleyes:

The ClayTaurus said:
Oh, I get it. By not responding to us, you're being condescending. It's your quiet way of calling us retarded children. Now you're patronizing us. :rolleyes:

I was thinking along a similar vein, could be a nationalism thing?

Look at what's happening today. We need a dose of nationalism. and remember:Nationalism is not necessarily intertwined with ethnic homogeneity, racial homogeniety, cultural homogeniety, or perceived common history. It can crystalize around new positive values, around democratic institutions, tolerance, and individual rights.

My definition would be a corrective poultice for the virulent hispanic nationalism parading iself through our streets at the moment. They are intolerant of gringos.

rtwngAvngr said:
Look at what's happening today. We need a dose of nationalism. and remember:Nationalism is not necessarily intertwined with ethnic homogeneity, racial homogeniety, cultural homogeniety, or perceived common history. It can crystalize around new positive values, around democratic institutions, tolerance, and individual rights.

My definition would be a corrective poultice for the virulent hispanic nationalism parading iself through our streets at the moment. They are intolerant of gringos.
Run along, now, and tell them. Heaven forbid you patronize them. The fresh air will do you good.

rtwngAvngr said:

Actually, I'm defending Newfie nationalism at another board right now. Does that make me a hypocrite? I mean someone has to defend their ways against the animal rights extremists that have infested the board.

Said1 said:
Actually, I'm defending Newfie nationalism at another board right now. Does that make me a hypocrite? I mean someone has to defend their ways against the animal rights extremists that have infested the board.

You know I think nationalism is fine. It's just been ingrained in to us that it's always bad by paranoid "international bankers".

rtwngAvngr said:
You know I think nationalism is fine. It's just been ingrained in to us that it's always bad by paranoid "international bankers".

I thought globalization was supposed to cause the end the of the nation- state? John Saul even wrote a book about it, damn foo doesn't know what he's talking aboot.

The problem with everyone embracing Nationalism is the "smaller" groups that use their minority-status as a basis for income, special status, preferential treatment, etc., will become just like everyone else.

They live for their minority status. It's what they use to "get things."

GotZoom said:
The problem with everyone embracing Nationalism is the "smaller" groups that use their minority-status as a basis for income, special status, preferential treatment, etc., will become just like everyone else.

They live for their minority status. It's what they use to "get things."

For one person on a messageboard or a conspiracy centered group to redefine a word is inane. Words have meanings.

Said1 said:
I thought globalization was supposed to cause the end the of the nation- state? John Saul even wrote a book about it, damn foo doesn't know what he's talking aboot.

It very well may be intended to. Right now only white people's borders have been abolished. We are told we must allows ourselves to be overrun by foreigners, europe too. Problem is we can't set foot anywhere else. It's totally onesided. We're sitting, idiotic ducks, afraid of being called racists by defending ourselves. Insidious no?

rtwngAvngr said:
It very well may be intended to. Right now only white people's borders have been abolished. We are told we must allows ourselves to be overrun by foreigners, europe too. Problem is we can't set foot anywhere else. It's totally onesided. We're sitting, idiotic ducks, afraid of being called racists by defending ourselves. Insidious no?

Huntington said it wouldn't, but would create clashes with certain groups instead.

Said1 said:
Huntington said it wouldn't, but would create clashes with certain groups instead.

Right. Groups have been hand picked regarding who must give up nationalism and in whom it must be encouraged. White people were slated for: Must give up identity. Everyone else had their racial pride encouraged and even inflamed towards aggression by lopsided or staight up revisionist accounts of history.

Kathianne said:
For one person on a messageboard or a conspiracy centered group to redefine a word is inane. Words have meanings.

na·tion·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nsh-n-lzm, nshn-)
n.
Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.

All the negavtive connotations you ascribe to the word are just political correctness kat. Blame whoever indoctrinated you, not me, the truth bringer.

rtwngAvngr said:
na·tion·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nsh-n-lzm, nshn-)
n.
Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.

All the negavtive connotations you ascribe to the word are just political correctness kat. Blame whoever indoctrinated you, not me, the truth bringer.

You are just so wrong. I'm sure it can't be helped, so I'll let you be.

rtwngAvngr said:
Right. Groups have been hand picked regarding who must give up nationalism and in whom it must be encouraged. White people were slated for: Must give up identity. Everyone else had their racial pride encouraged and even inflamed towards aggression by lopsided or staight up revisionist accounts of history.

When I said groups, I really meant countries.

Who did the hand picking, historians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back