Militants kill 14 Iraqi villagers

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
At least 14 Shia civilians have been killed in an attack by al-Qaeda militants on a village near the Iraqi city of Baquba, officials have said.
Local residents said 60 gunmen launched the raid on Duwailiya, 18km north of Baquba, shortly after daybreak.

The attack came as figures suggested the number of Iraqis killed in bombings and shootings was continuing to fall.

Iraqi officials said 606 civilians and security personnel died in November, continuing the trend of recent months.

The data, compiled jointly by the interior, defence and health ministries, showed that 537 civilians, 45 police officers and 24 soldiers were killed.

The figures mark a significant fall from the 887 Iraqis killed in October. It would also be the lowest since February 2006, when an attack on the Shia shrine in Samarra set off a wave of sectarian violence in which thousands died.

Mirroring the fall, combat deaths among US troops in Iraq are believed to have fallen to a 20-month low of 37 in November, according to calculations by news agencies.

Correspondents have attributed the recent fall in violence to the US and Iraqi troop surge in and around Baghdad that began in February, and US co-operation with Sunni armed groups.

more ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7122598.stm

Just have to love the way they can't even report that the number of deaths for November decreased with tacking on the proverbial "but ..." and actually titling the article after it rather than the decrease in deaths.

Just have to love the way they can't even report that the number of deaths for November decreased with tacking on the proverbial "but ..." and actually titling the article after it rather than the decrease in deaths.

Thats because that particular article wasn't about the general decrease of deaths in Iraq. It was about 14 innocent villagers who were slaughtered. However in the part you quoted it mentioned the decrease in deaths were mentioned no less than 5 times.

Thats because that particular article wasn't about the general decrease of deaths in Iraq. It was about 14 innocent villagers who were slaughtered. However in the part you quoted it mentioned the decrease in deaths were mentioned no less than 5 times.
So you have a grievance with the article or Gunny?

So you have a grievance with the article or Gunny?

Larkinn has a grievance with Gunny, or rather anyone that doesn't agree he is the smartest person in the world and agree with what ever he says. Though actually since he almost never says anything you can pin down, that is hard to do. He always leaves room to play word games to wiggle out if called onh something he has said.

Larkinn has a grievance with Gunny, or rather anyone that doesn't agree he is the smartest person in the world and agree with what ever he says. Though actually since he almost never says anything you can pin down, that is hard to do. He always leaves room to play word games to wiggle out if called onh something he has said.

How did you ever survive these months I've been gone without someone to follow around and play the moronic e-psychiatrist too? Must have been a sad day in your pathetic little life.

Amazing...more lies coming from RGS. What a surprise.

How did you ever survive these months I've been gone without someone to follow around and play the moronic e-psychiatrist too? Must have been a sad day in your pathetic little life.

Amazing...more lies coming from RGS. What a surprise.

Poor Genius Larkinn , just misunderstood by the peons he graces with his words of wisdom.

Then somebody needs to go retake their first year of HS journalism. Obviously they missed all the classes on writing articles properly.

Then somebody needs to go retake their first year of HS journalism. Obviously they missed all the classes on writing articles properly.

Tsk, everyone's a credit. I'm a shitty writer myself, but I don't see much wrong with it.

All here know except you, is that indigenous to Islam? I think it is:D Fuck off, please.I asked you nicely.:D

Wow...you really are obsessed with Islam. Get over it. Perhaps then you will escape from "the misery".

Wow...you really are obsessed with Islam. Get over it. Perhaps then you will escape from "the misery".

The misery is an entity all on it's own, you on the other hand are a **** of your own making and proportion.Fuck off...please.

Forum List

Back