Militants kill 14 Iraqi villagers

We simply disagree. I think that people think for themselves. There is no law against independent thought and drawing your own conclusion. Perhaps I am not following the author’s path. I guess that for this reader, the author should be more explicit and direct. There has been no correlation stated that I can see.

Yep, we disagree. Not that people can or do think for themselves. Some do, some don't. Some are just mindless drones conditioned by the media over a period of years.

Bear in mind that without trying to sound all holier-than-thou ... most of us that debate on the internet are probably a notch above the average where independent thinking is concerned.

For my part, I have sat in class and had it explained in detail EXACTLY how to lead a reader to the conclusion I want them to make. The dishonestly in journalism is what eventually led to my being turned off by it.

That of course is just my perspective.

Bear in mind that without trying to sound all holier-than-thou ... most of us that debate on the internet are probably a notch above the average where independent thinking is concerned.

I’ll take that as a compliment. ;)

For my part, I have sat in class and had it explained in detail EXACTLY how to lead a reader to the conclusion I want them to make. The dishonestly in journalism is what eventually led to my being turned off by it.

That of course is just my perspective.

Your point is taken.

Forum List

Back