Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs, sets anti-gunner straight about Shot Show...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
An anti gunner attacked Mike Rowe on his facebook page because he will be attending this years Shot Show, the gun industry trade show, this week. She was the usual holier than thou moron....and he dealt with her with his usual grace and charm....

Anti-Gunner Calls Out Mike Rowe for Speaking at Pro-Gun Dinner. He Sets Her Straight.

He wrote: Off The Wall

Off The Wall

Marla W writes…

I just read that you’re speaking at the SHOT show in Las Vegas this week. VERY disappointing. There are already too many guns in this country, and too much faux patriotism surrounding the second amendment. I can’t believe you’d risk your good name associating with a bunch of gun nuts. You’ve lost a fan.

Well, hi there Marla. And Happy Sunday!

It’s true, I’ll be in Vegas this week, addressing a roomful of people who like to shoot guns. I’m not sure what I’m going to say yet – probably the same thing I tell anyone who invites me to discuss the various ways we might close America’s skills gap. But one things for sure – while I’m at there, I’m going to make sure I see my friends at The SEAL Family Foundation.

-----------

After that, we reconnoitered to an undisclosed location and introduced ourselves to Matt, Bobby, Jeremy, and Danielle – four SEALs who spent the last fifteen years getting shot at by bad guys and returning the favor – with far superior results. They in turn, introduced us to 20,000 rounds of live ammunition, and an arsenal of firearms not currently available for purchase in the state of California.

For the next few hours, the SEALs took my employees through an accelerated small arms training session. There was an emphasis on safety, obviously. Some of my people had never held a gun before, much less fired one. So there was some…trepidation. But after an hour of intense instruction, everyone got comfortable with the Glock 9mm. Then the AR-15. Then a variety of sniper rifles. We all got to shoot an M-1 from WWII, a Steyr from Austria, the Scar Heavy…even a Barrett 50 caliber. Fifty yards, a hundred yards, then two hundred yards. Their progress was impressive. Their enthusiasm was infectious. At 400 yards, my office manager was hitting a target the size of a pie plate. Unbelievable.

-----------

Obviously, you and I have a difference of opinion regarding the role of the second amendment in modern society. But thanks to the first amendment, we can express our differences in whatever way we prefer. We can criticize those with whom we disagree, or we can try to persuade them. We can make a case as to why we believe what we believe, or we can simply announce our disappointment to the world, as though our feelings alone are enough to justify our beliefs.

Forum List

Back