Mike Pompeo is not doing himself any good

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Mike Pompeo is an honorable men and a patriot. In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and he is a former United States Army officer, and was a member of the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2017, representing Kansas's 4th congressional district. He was director of the Central Intelligence Agency from January 2017 until April 2018. Trump nominated Pompeo as secretary of state in March 2018, with Pompeo succeeding Rex Tillerson after his dismissal.

Unfortunately, Pompeo has been tagged somewhat as a yes-man on Trump's cabinet, and he is often misleading or uncooperative with the media, often avoiding expressing what he thinks, giving political B.S. instead.

While appearing on ABC News' This Week, Pompeo was asked by Martha Raddatz about the whistleblower complaint involving the phone call in which Trump discussed the Bidens with the Ukrainian president. "What do you know about these conversations?" Raddatz asked.

"So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo responded

Today, Pompeo confirmed what we all knew. That he listened in on the July 25 call in which Trump pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the Bidens. That did nothing for Pompeo's credibility.

Also, we are left wondering why the state department was not concerned about a national security issue. "So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen."

Pompeo may also be losing his influence within the state department. On Tuesday he pushed back on House Democrats’ attempt to depose State Department officials as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Pompeo said he was “concerned with aspects” of House committee leaders’ requests “that can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

There is no evidence that House members were bullying or treating improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State. In any case, despite Pompeo's ill-advised plea, three persons from the state department are appearing before Congress.

The state department inspector general, Steve Linnick, spoke to Congress today. Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine who resigned his post Friday after his name appeared in a whistleblower complaint about Trump's dealings with Ukraine, will testify in the House's impeachment inquiry tomorrow. The former ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, is set to appear for a deposition on Capitol Hill on Oct. 11 as part of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Possibly Pompeo's influence at state is shot to hell.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said today he and the State Department would “try and cooperate” with Congress and its impeachment inquiry.

He is not an honorable man. He is CIA. Hence he is a crook who should be in prison.

Pompeo knows what it is to be honest and honorable. Obviously he decided it would be easier to just ignore all that to help Trump

DudeOpinion.jpg

Pompeo knows what it is to be honest and honorable. Obviously he decided it would be easier to just ignore all that to help Trump.

That was his biggest mistake since everyone knows everything Trump touches goes to $#!t; esp. reputations! Whoever works for Trump may never get another meaningful job again IMO! :102: :47: :71:

• Banned
I’ve seen the United States policy on Ukraine. We’ve been very clear about this. President Trump has been clear since the very beginning. We’ve wanted only the best things for the people of Ukraine, and that’s what — that’s what President Trump was trying to do. It was what he was trying to do for the entire time I’ve known him, including that phone call. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

One day after Robert Mueller appeared before Congress to provide testimony regarding Russian intervention in our 2016 election on his behalf, Trump called the president of Ukraine to ask him to intervene in our 2020 election on his behalf!

Trump said, "I would like you to find out about the other thing. There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

Trump abused his official powers "to solicit interference" from Ukraine in the upcoming 2020 election, and the White House took steps to cover it up.

Several White House officials were "deeply disturbed" by Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Was he abusing his official powers "to solicit interference" from Ukraine in the upcoming 2020 election. They tried to "lock down" all records of the phone call, especially the word-for-word transcript produced by the White House.

White House lawyers directed officials to remove the transcript of the call from a computer system that stores them for Cabinet-level officials and instead put the transcript in a system for especially sensitive information.

Pompeo claimed he knew nothing about all this. "So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo responded Right, when pigs fly.

He hasn't done one thing wrong....not one...he does not have to obey ridiculous requests from Congress...Like the state dept employees not being able to bring white house or state dept council with them to the hearing...that is stupid...

He hasn't done one thing wrong....not one...he does not have to obey ridiculous requests from Congress...Like the state dept employees not being able to bring white house or state dept council with them to the hearing...that is stupid...

We'll see, won't we?

Congress is co equal. They have authority for oversight. It is part of the constitutional system of checks and balances.

I thought you guys knew that.

Congress is co equal. They have authority for oversight. It is part of the constitutional system of checks and balances.

Congress does not have the right to interrogate State Dept employees without Whitehouse or State Dept counsel present. Only douchebags would make such a demand.

The State Department inspector general provided Congress on Wednesday a packet of dozens of pages of documents that make many of the same unproven claims about Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, that Rudy Giuliani and his allies have been making.

The documents include claims against the Bidens that formed the basis of President Donald Trump's accusations in his July call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, as well as accusations against former US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, who was recalled earlier this year and whom Trump also criticized in the call. In addition, the packet contains internal State Department emails from officials discussing articles critical of Yovanovitch, calling some of it a "fake narrative."

There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden.

State Department inspector general Steve Linnick told Congress that the State Department's office of legal counsel provided the documents to the inspector general in May.

"It's essentially a packet of propaganda and disinformation spreading conspiracy theories," Rep. Jamie Raskin said.

New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said the documents "appear to contain long-debunked theories and false statements about the former US Ambassador to Ukraine and one of President Trump's political opponents."

State Department inspector general gives Congress documents that Rudy Giuliani provided - CNNPolitics

Is Pompeo working for us, or is he too busy protecting a very vulnerable and incompetent President?

Congress does not have the right to interrogate State Dept employees without Whitehouse or State Dept counsel present. Only douchebags would make such a demand.

They have a right to subpoena. Period.

Mike Pompeo is an honorable men and a patriot. In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and he is a former United States Army officer, and was a member of the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2017, representing Kansas's 4th congressional district. He was director of the Central Intelligence Agency from January 2017 until April 2018. Trump nominated Pompeo as secretary of state in March 2018, with Pompeo succeeding Rex Tillerson after his dismissal.

Unfortunately, Pompeo has been tagged somewhat as a yes-man on Trump's cabinet, and he is often misleading or uncooperative with the media, often avoiding expressing what he thinks, giving political B.S. instead.

While appearing on ABC News' This Week, Pompeo was asked by Martha Raddatz about the whistleblower complaint involving the phone call in which Trump discussed the Bidens with the Ukrainian president. "What do you know about these conversations?" Raddatz asked.

"So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo responded

Today, Pompeo confirmed what we all knew. That he listened in on the July 25 call in which Trump pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the Bidens. That did nothing for Pompeo's credibility.

Also, we are left wondering why the state department was not concerned about a national security issue. "So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen."

Pompeo may also be losing his influence within the state department. On Tuesday he pushed back on House Democrats’ attempt to depose State Department officials as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Pompeo said he was “concerned with aspects” of House committee leaders’ requests “that can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”

There is no evidence that House members were bullying or treating improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State. In any case, despite Pompeo's ill-advised plea, three persons from the state department are appearing before Congress.

The state department inspector general, Steve Linnick, spoke to Congress today. Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine who resigned his post Friday after his name appeared in a whistleblower complaint about Trump's dealings with Ukraine, will testify in the House's impeachment inquiry tomorrow. The former ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, is set to appear for a deposition on Capitol Hill on Oct. 11 as part of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Possibly Pompeo's influence at state is shot to hell.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said today he and the State Department would “try and cooperate” with Congress and its impeachment inquiry.
HAHAHA!

The State Department inspector general provided Congress on Wednesday a packet of dozens of pages of documents that make many of the same unproven claims about Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, that Rudy Giuliani and his allies have been making.

The documents include claims against the Bidens that formed the basis of President Donald Trump's accusations in his July call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, as well as accusations against former US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, who was recalled earlier this year and whom Trump also criticized in the call. In addition, the packet contains internal State Department emails from officials discussing articles critical of Yovanovitch, calling some of it a "fake narrative."

State Department inspector general Steve Linnick told Congress that the State Department's office of legal counsel provided the documents to the inspector general in May.

"It's essentially a packet of propaganda and disinformation spreading conspiracy theories," Rep. Jamie Raskin said.

New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said the documents "appear to contain long-debunked theories and false statements about the former US Ambassador to Ukraine and one of President Trump's political opponents."

State Department inspector general gives Congress documents that Rudy Giuliani provided - CNNPolitics

Is Pompeo working for us, or is he too busy protecting a very vulnerable and incompetent President?

iu

Wrong.

Nope! They think the rules, laws, and regulations don't pertain to them! The same things they're letting slide now by Trump is what would have their heads exploding if Clinton or Obama were involved! I'm disgusted with these people and won't have anything civil to ever speak to them after allowing this animal to undermine our institutions! :1041: :14: :2cents:

The more partisan Pelosi keeps this the less chance it will be that it even gets passed the house let alone the senate...sure she can exclude the house republicans and keep them from subpoenaing anyone but she risks losing in her own house....we have never done an impeachment this way....both sides have always been able to participate...the people will not go for this...not this way no matter what they find....

She should hold a vote for the inquiry and if required a vote for impeachment in the full house...put their names where their pie holes are...lets see just how many dems from red states what anything to do with this....and the people will not go for some unnamed person to take down this president...he is still too popular...so the so called whistle blower had better man up and stand up or he is useless in this effort...hell we know more about the call than the whistle blower...

The more partisan Pelosi keeps this the less chance it will be that it even gets passed the house let alone the senate...sure she can exclude the house republicans and keep them from subpoenaing anyone but she risks losing in her own house....we have never done an impeachment this way....both sides have always been able to participate...the people will not go for this...not this way no matter what they find....

She should hold a vote for the inquiry and if required a vote for impeachment in the full house...put their names where their pie holes are...lets see just how many dems from red states what anything to do with this....and the people will not go for some unnamed person to take down this president...he is still too popular...so the so called whistle blower had better man up and stand up or he is useless in this effort...hell we know more about the call than the whistle blower...

There will be a vote on impeachment in the house as soon as the investigations are over.

There will be a vote on impeachment in the house as soon as the investigations are over.
The way its been done before is to have a vote to do the inquiry so both sides can debate the issue and call witnesses and subpoena records...right now the GOP is locked out of the issue and this can go on till next election if she wants...people see the unfairness in this just like in the Russia collusion coup attempt....so by all means....proceed....

Forum List

Back