Mike Gravel (D-AK): “Troopergate is going to come out in her favor.”

Um.. when is her court case again? refresh my memory...

her court case has nothing to do with the trooper's guilt. he was investigated and found guilty of, among other things, threatening to kill his father in law.

nice try, though. keep working on it; I'm sure you'll have it down in time for 2012.

Really? I thought he got disciplined by his department for making stupid remarks.

Oh, right, he did.

yeah, I would agree that threatening to put a fucking bullet in your FIL's head is a stupid remark as well as a threat.

was there a point here somewhere? I know they're optional, but I'd hate to miss it on the off chance there is one. It'd be like waiting up all night to see the Perseids and having the clouds roll in.

;)

yeah, I would agree that threatening to put a fucking bullet in your FIL's head is a stupid remark as well as a threat.

was there a point here somewhere? I know they're optional, but I'd hate to miss it on the off chance there is one. It'd be like waiting up all night to see the Perseids and having the clouds roll in.

;)
FOAD Alert!

her court case has nothing to do with the trooper's guilt. he was investigated and found guilty of, among other things, threatening to kill his father in law.

nice try, though. keep working on it; I'm sure you'll have it down in time for 2012.

HUh? The point of this thread is Palin coming out on top... she broke the law... she got some splainin to do.. I finally watched that video clip.. I didnt realize the depth of her lies on this matter.

HUh? The point of this thread is Palin coming out on top... she broke the law... she got some splainin to do.. I finally watched that video clip.. I didnt realize the depth of her lies on this matter.

what law was that? the law of unintended consequences? gravity?

I don't suppose it's relevant to point out that state troopers are tasked with providing security for state govenors. Both his professional and familial positions made him a security threat.

QUERY: If a wife-beating Secret Service agent were drinking on duty and making threats about Obama's FIL should he be retained and restationed or outright fired?

I would also like to point out that if a cop was drinking on duty, beating suspects,, tasing children and threatening murder against civlians the "progressives" would be--rightly--screeching about police brutality (oft times lost among the din of so many other faux outrages). The fact that this goon was abusing his family--whom he is supposed to love and honor--as opposed to some nameless schmo on the street seems to count for nothing; all the moreso because the "progressives" seem to WANT such a goon to have access to the woman who would dare seek the White House without their blessing.

Last edited:
I don't suppose it's relevant to point out that state troopers are tasked with providing security for state govenors. Both his professional and familial positions made him a security threat.

QUERY: If a wife-beating Secret Service agent were drinking on duty and making threats about Obama's FIL should he be retained and restationed or outright fired?

I would also like to point out that if a cop was drinking on duty, beating suspects,, tasing children and threatening murder against civlians the "progressives" would be--rightly--screeching about police brutality (oft times lost among the din of so many other faux outrages). The fact that this goon was abusing his family--whom he is supposed to love and honor--as opposed to some nameless schmo on the street seems to count for nothing; all the moreso because the "progressives" seem to WANT such a goon to have access to the woman who would dare seek the White House without their blessing.[
We could use the same arguement you guys use, do you know for sure this trooper has done these thing, I mean just because Sarah Palin and the McCain camp said he did doesn't mean it is true either.

We could use the same arguement you guys use, do you know for sure this trooper has done these thing, I mean just because Sarah Palin and the McCain camp said he did doesn't mean it is true either.

newsminer.com • Scrutiny of Wooten raises conduct questions

Troopers eventually investigated 13 issues and found four in which Wooten violated policy or broke the law or both:

• Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.

• He illegally shot a moose.

• He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

• He told others his father-in-law would “eat a f’ing lead bullet” if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

Beyond the investigation sparked by the family, trooper commanders saw cause to discipline or give written instructions to correct Wooten seven times since he joined the force, according to Grimes’ letter to Wooten.

Those incidents included: a reprimand in January 2004 for negligent damage to a state vehicle; a January 2005 instruction after being accused of speeding, unsafe lane changes, following too closely and not using turn signals in his state vehicle; a June 2005 instruction regarding personal cell phone calls; an October 2005 suspension from work after getting a speeding ticket; and a November 2005 memo “to clarify duty hours, tardiness and personal business during duty time.”

next?

She then fired the troopers boss for not firing the trooper...

Wrong, she fired the commissioner because he was not filling the empty trooper positions. She has documented proof of the reasons he was fired. Yes, I'm certain that her anger over Wooten was part of it, but she had plenty of other reasons to fire him. Mostly, Alaska is an at-will state, and Monegan was an employee to Palin. She could fire him for whatever reason she wanted, and there's nothing he could do about it.

Even if she did fire him for not firing Wooten, I'd be on her side. Wooten was clearly a bad cop. The other troopers investigated the claims against him and found them all to be true. He didn't need to be patrolling the state of Alaska, period.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You can't suspend somebody for alleged misconduct, only proven. The fact that the allegations were substantiated enough to merit official sanction yet only resulted in wrist-slaps is rather chilling. It seems the old boy network in te police union needs shaking-up.

Troopers eventually investigated 13 issues and found four in which Wooten violated policy or broke the law or both:

• He told others his father-in-law would “eat a f’ing lead bullet” if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

Beyond the investigation sparked by the family, trooper commanders saw cause to discipline or give written instructions to correct Wooten seven times since he joined the force, according to Grimes’ letter to Wooten.

Those incidents included: a reprimand in January 2004 for negligent damage to a state vehicle; a January 2005 instruction after being accused of speeding, unsafe lane changes, following too closely and not using turn signals in his state vehicle; a June 2005 instruction regarding personal cell phone calls; an October 2005 suspension from work after getting a speeding ticket; and a November 2005 memo “to clarify duty hours, tardiness and personal business during duty time.”

next?
You still did not provide he threatned her life or beat his wife, all you proven is he forget to use his turn signal and he drives fast. I don't know about you but half the cops in my town do these things.It looks like me Palin was crasping at straws, too bad the trooper didn't get a blow job she could of really had something there.

next?
You still did not provide he threatned her life or beat his wife, all you proven is he forget to use his turn signal and he drives fast. I don't know about you but half the cops in my town do these things.It looks like me Palin was crasping at straws, too bad the trooper didn't get a blow job she could of really had something there.

I never said he threatened her life or beat his wife, although it wouldn't surprise me if he had. He did threaten to put a bullet in his father in law's head and tased his son. hello? you don't see a problem there?

you seem to be fixated on blow jobs, BTW.

Forum List

Back