Migraines, Plastics linked by Study

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
Migraines link to plastic cups and bottles: 'Gender-bending' chemical in packaging may trigger the attacks

The link blames a gender-bending chemical in plastics, Bisphenol A (BPA), for the migranes that are occurring in 1 out of 7 Britons.

In addition to headaches and gender health issues, BPA is also implicated in other issues as well, namely obesity, infertility, and heart attacks. Those affected are urged to cut exposure to BPA by avoiding plastic microwave trays, plastic bottles, and office water coolers.

I've noticed over here that my grape juice doesn't taste the same as it did in the days of glass bottles, when it tasted lot better.

If the studies are true, that'd be a good reason to go back to using sterile glass containers again. The health and good taste will be worth it.

I hate plastic bottles or anything I eat or drink from.

Especially when it is heated, it releases the chemicals into the food or beverage.

I refuse to use a plastic coffee maker, you can literally taste the chemicals

You will not find any plastic in my kitchen.

Ironically my brother works for one of the biggest plastics companies in the world. It has made him a very wealthy man.

I hated the Teflon-lined cooking pots when they were in the vogue. I couldn't stand the taste of food cooked in them.

I guess it's hard on businesses to put basics in glass rather than the cheaper plastics, but a lot of people have the problems described, and for some reason, obesity has shot up with the age of soft drinks being bottled in plastics. I go to restaurants, and no matter what time of day or night, kids are drinking carbonated beverages. They're not the lean youngsters of the 40s and 50s any more. There's too much sugar, and too much plastic being used due to the demands of working families for "conveniences." People buy whatever is the cheapest. No wonder medical treatment comes at a premium. It could be that today's demanding lifestyle gives fewer free-time options to people who want to give their children the best of their time they have to spend with them in the workaholic's world.

I hate plastic bottles or anything I eat or drink from.

Especially when it is heated, it releases the chemicals into the food or beverage.

I refuse to use a plastic coffee maker, you can literally taste the chemicals

Ironically my brother works for one of the biggest plastics companies in the world. It has made him a very wealthy man.

That sounds like a plan, PixieStix. I'm going to look into it.

Plastic baby bottles and warm milk and even cleaning them with hot water would be a concern for me. I also got rid of any and all teflon, in my home/kitchen as well

I totally agree with your points you write in your post and now onwards I will also start to reduce plastic in my kitchen.Thank you so much

Forum List

Back