Middle Class brainwashed into voting Republican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JimH52, Oct 1, 2011.

1. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,257
    Dear America, Why Are We Voting Against Our Own Self Interests?

I don't get it. Most people loath the super rich, and yet they sit around glued to FOX and vote to keep giving them tax breaks and favors. All the while, the buy the same old line of "they are the ones creating jobs" from the GOP. Guess what....THEY ARE SITTING ON THEIR TRILLIANS NOT CREATING JOBS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    I always laugh when I hear we them say we are voting against OUR OWN SELF INTEREST

I guess because we don't EXPECT to have a Nanny Guberment TAKE CARE OF US, we are voting against our own SELF INTEREST.

You want a Nanny....VOTE DEMOCRAT..:lol::lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    My self interest is conserving and protecting my individual freedoms, so a candidate from the Tea Party would be my choice.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,677
    That's good, Si Modo. My self interest is limiting big government and seeing the wealthy bring jobs to our citizens. I feel the conservative choice will eliminate regulations that are stifling growth in the USA and bring back companies to the US.

I can depend on the Tea Party to keep their word and deny the support to spending money we do not have.

5. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Perhaps the left should explain why they think individual liberty is selfish?

6. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    Look at your sig line Jim.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." ---Thomas Jefferson

When the majority wants something for nothing, should they be able to just vote in the people who will give it to them, and force the producers, the "rich" to pay for it.

Is that fair?

Hell no!

Another great American President said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

What I can do for my country is force the government to reduce spending...then, if necessary, we can raise taxes.

But reduce the spending first...no promises of cut 10 years from now, but raise taxes now.

Cut spending...reduce the size and scope of government...do it now...then we'll look at increasing revenues.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Some wealthy spend losts of money convincing these people that there is a loss of freedom by asking the wealthy to pay taxes or run their businesses without distorying the places we live.

Some people are just more prone to propaganda.

The wealthy who are willing to make the little guy suffer to gain yet more wealth and power have lots and lots of money to spend on convincing the weak of mind that they need to defend the wealthy.

Many of these weak of mind have family tradition all tied up in their politics.

They see themselves as born republicans.

To go against the flow of family trandition woud mean their family would abandone them.

I have witnessed this first hand.

Some of it in my own family.

8. barry1960

barry1960 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Perhaps it would be best if everybody were more specific in their responses. What exactly in the Tea Party or Republican Party is in the Middle Class interest and what is not. Terms like "Brainwashed" or "Explaining why individual liberty is selfish" is not specific enough to render any significant meaning. Maybe both the left and the right on this forum could provide specific policies and examples rather than just blathering platitudes?

9. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    How's this for blathering platitudes: The candidate who shows more of an intent not only to follow the Constitution, but to restore us to following the Constitution, will get my vote.

Kinda saying the same thing that I did before, but that seems to be a blathering platitude. Funny, I thought I was using plain English.

10. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    You did. As did the Founders. They as you, were quite clear.