Microsoft Adopts WalMart Business Model - 18,000 to Lose Job

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has an $18M a year salary package for a company worth $78B. Over the next year MS will layoff 18,000 so they can become more efficient. How so fucking nice. I suspect everyone else will either have stagnated salaries for the next few years and more than a few will get salary cuts. Those are the LUCKY ones.

"""Chief Executive Satya Nadella, who took over the role from Steve Ballmer more than five months ago, has been seeking to streamline the company's operations in order to focus more on developing technology to help people improve their lives and businesses run with more efficiency."""

Microsoft to Cut 18,000 Jobs
Software Giant Expects to Book Charge of $1.1 Billion to $1.6 Billion

Microsoft to Cut Up to 18,000 Jobs - WSJ

Time for a law that limits ceo pay to 100 times that of the lowest worker. 18 million is pure bull-shit as most of the workers are making slave wages in some shit hole.

I am for robots and believe if they can do it than humanity shouldn't go that low. Just that I believe the innovators should be paid what they're worth.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has an $18M a year salary package for a company worth $78B. Over the next year MS will layoff 18,000 so they can become more efficient. How so fucking nice. I suspect everyone else will either have stagnated salaries for the next few years and more than a few will get salary cuts. Those are the LUCKY ones.

"""Chief Executive Satya Nadella, who took over the role from Steve Ballmer more than five months ago, has been seeking to streamline the company's operations in order to focus more on developing technology to help people improve their lives and businesses run with more efficiency."""

Time for a law that limits ceo pay to 100 times that of the lowest worker. 18 million is pure bull-shit as most of the workers are making slave wages in some shit hole.

I am for robots and believe if they can do it than humanity shouldn't go that low. Just that I believe the innovators should be paid what they're worth.
^ Leftist wants a company, built by a guy who happens to be the current CEO who sells his company for a billion dollars, to have to fire every US citizen working for him that makes less then a million a year. ROFL This is the type of retard we are dealing with folks.

Last edited:
Also I remember back in the 90's when the (R)'s tried to make Microsoft a Monopoly so they could break up Microsoft and create more competition.

The (D)'s were the party of NO on this, so any conspiracy theories from the far left about Microsoft being right wing is just plain bogus. Bill Gates hates the (R) party because they came after him in the 90's..

Although it is funny to watch the far left use Apple as an example that all should follow since their over priced products are made in China with slave labor. But hey the far left has also been open to show what hypocrites they truly are..

Horseshit...it was CLINTURD who went after Microsoft to lure Jobs into building a plant in Little Rock. Seriously, do you dummies ever get anything right? :doubt:

They are supposed to be bloated and inefficient? Who knew!

Actually they bought Nokia.

t is expected to be the biggest round of layoffs since 2009, when then-CEO Steve Ballmer cut 5,800 jobs or five per cent of the company’s workforce.

Microsoft CEO hints at big changes at the tech giant
Microsoft buys Nokia smartphones, services in $7.6B deal

Cuts will come in marketing, engineering and in divisions that overlap the handset business, Bloomberg reported.

Satya Nadella, Microsoft's current CEO, warned of changes to come at the company in a memo to employees last week.

“We will increase the fluidity of information and ideas by taking actions to flatten the organization and develop leaner business processes,” he wrote. “Culture change means we will do things differently.”

The core focus of these changes would be to concentrate on a mobile-first and cloud-first world, Nadella said.
Microsoft expected to cut jobs in wake of Nokia deal - Business - CBC News

These kind of deals should violate anti-trust laws, but they somehow don't.

And in the long term? It bodes terribly for American Capitalism.

Ok..Please bestow us with your vast knowledge of anti trust laws...
Answer this ..."why?"
Here's another question....
You own a disaster restoration company....Your business is growing. You've seen the need to purchase more vehicles and hire more people. You're doing wonderfully.
Your competition which is smaller that you but does take work you think you should be doing. One issue, the other business is not doing well financially...Now, would it not be to your advantage to buy out your competition? Would you not want his customer base? You could sell of the vehicles and other assets and recoup some of your expenses. It would be a win win, no?
And the employees? You hire the best ones at a lower rate of pay with the idea of making them EARN their way up. Another win win, no?
I await your HONEST reply.

Last edited:
He's begging for more Foreign Labor. That's what it's all about. So no, he'll just have to survive without his Government handout. Somehow, i think he'll do much better than the 18,000 Workers he's about to lay off. What do you think?

WHy should he need the government's permission to hire whomever he wants?
You arent a libertarian at all. You are filthy stalinist goose stepping statist who think it's government's job to dictate whom businesses can and cannot hire.
Glad we cleared that up. You're nothing more than a leftist.

Well now you're derailing. So allow me to put in more blunt terms... To Hell with Bill Gates. He'll just have to survive without more Foreign Labor. Boo Hoo. :(
I think gates is in a much better position to say to hell with you.

Gates Foundation=$37Billion.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation & Other Top U.S. Foundations | Foundation Center

Microsoft employees: 61,313 in the US
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation & Other Top U.S. Foundations | Foundation Center

H1B visas granted: 65,000
H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That would leave fewer than 4,000 H1B workers for every other tech company in America, like Google, Apple, etc. Yeah, that's not true either.

The rest of your "facts" are equally lies. If you want to make something up at least a) make it believable, 2) make it difficult to fact check.

Also I remember back in the 90's when the (R)'s tried to make Microsoft a Monopoly so they could break up Microsoft and create more competition.

The (D)'s were the party of NO on this, so any conspiracy theories from the far left about Microsoft being right wing is just plain bogus. Bill Gates hates the (R) party because they came after him in the 90's..

Although it is funny to watch the far left use Apple as an example that all should follow since their over priced products are made in China with slave labor. But hey the far left has also been open to show what hypocrites they truly are..

Apple's software, which requires insight, innovation and ingenuity is NOT developed in China or India.

Justify it however you need to as you need hardware in order to run that OS and in the case of Apple their over priced products are made in China.

But you continue to defend a company that uses slave labor so you can pay more money for a product that you think helps your status in society.

Typical far left will defend anything no matter how bad it really is..

So now we should have government bureaucrats in charge if pay rates from top to bottom?
QWhat's next? Percentage of profits business should be permitted to earn?
Where does this government shit end?
You statists are a fucking miracle

Apple's software, which requires insight, innovation and ingenuity is NOT developed in China or India.

Justify it however you need to as you need hardware in order to run that OS and in the case of Apple their over priced products are made in China.

But you continue to defend a company that uses slave labor so you can pay more money for a product that you think helps your status in society.

iPhone, iPad and iMac never crash...never.
They are virtually indestructible.
I NEVER have to play the, "Oh God, PLEASE let this device boot!" game anymore.
Upgrades actually work and are either free or $14.00.

And Steve Jobs never lobbied Congress to lay off over 3,000,000 US IT workers.

I call shenanigans.

Please provide a link to anyone lobbying Congress to lay off over 3M US IT workers.

Yes justify it however you need to protect a company that uses slave labor in China and charges more money for their over priced electronics..

Typical far left rant, justification so they can have a clear conscience of owning over priced items made with slave labor in China..

I would ask you to prove your comments, but I know that you being far left, it will never come about.

Last edited:
I call shenanigans.

Please provide a link to anyone lobbying Congress to lay off over 3M US IT workers.

You've got to be kidding me.
I presume you weren't reading the Wall Street Journal for like how many years?
CEOs are CONSTANTLY pleading for H1-Bs.
It started in a major way back in 2004.
We have over 3 million H1-Bs in the US.
Gates replaced practically all of MS after 9/11.

Yes justify it however you need to protect a company that uses slave labor in China and charges more money for their over priced electronics..

Typical far left rant, justification so they can have a clear conscience of owning over priced items made with slave labor in China..

I would ask you to prove your comments, but I know that you being far left, it will never come about.

Kosh, you do not have a reputation for anything other than one liners and I'm going to have much more fun at the gym.

I also apologize for giving anyone the impression that I think for a moment Kosh has an IQ above 93.

I call shenanigans.

WOW! The far left really gets their information scrambled when they want to attack those "evil" corporations..

So since this is such public information, how about some links to prove your comments?

No matter what business MS goes into, they will fail.
Their jig is up.

Apple has kicked their ass with the iPhone and iPad. I'm a Mac ONLY person and have been for almost 10 years. Fifteen years ago MS had 96% of the market on personal computers. And they sucked back then, too.

It happens when you think you own the market.

Now, wait until the Fed thinks they own healthcare.

Suck will take on a whole new meaning (and not a good one).

I call shenanigans.

That's not Lobbying Congress To Lay Off 3 Million IT workers.

So, you lied.

Kosh, you do not have a reputation for anything other than one liners and I'm going to have much more fun at the gym.

I also apologize for giving anyone the impression that I think for a moment Kosh has an IQ above 93.

And the A typical far left insults start coming out!

One who knowing buys and defends a company that sells over priced electronics and uses slave labor is commenting on someone's IQ, talk about irony..

I call shenanigans.

WOW! The far left really gets their information scrambled when they want to attack those "evil" corporations..

So since this is such public information, how about some links to prove your comments?

Well he's right that CEOs are lobbying to lift the caps. The visas are snapped up within weeks of becoming available. It is a serious drain to an important industry here.
But Congress created the problem. Calling the visa a subsidy is pure unadulterated stupidity.

I call shenanigans.

That's not Lobbying Congress To Lay Off 3 Million IT workers.

So, you lied.

What else is new?

I bet Indeepblahblah supports the no skilled illegal immigrants flooding the country and using up welfare and other social services.

I personally don't have a problem with anyone immigrating into the U.S. who has a marketable skill, can support himself and dependents, and isn't a disease carrier...that includes tech H1-Bs.

Perhaps if all the money our federal government poured into entrapping gullible students into student loans for Higher Education had encouraged more STEM graduates, we wouldn't need the H1-Bs. Aggrieved Ethnic Studies grads, however, make very poor software engineers.

Forum List

Back