Microsoft Adopts WalMart Business Model - 18,000 to Lose Job

Yeah, the more i listen to Bill Gates' whining, the more it sounds like he's setting us up for a future Government Bailout. More 'Too Big to Fail' Bullshite.

Unfortunately, it's the large Corporations themselves who push many of the regulations that harm small business. They know small businesses can't afford to comply. They've become way too cozy with Government. And they're always begging for handouts.

It's this merging of Corporation with Government that's crushing the little guy. We need to remove the Corporations from Government. Corporatism is a killer for the little guy. It's impossible for them to compete.

Large corporations instituted the H1B visa system and set the caps in place? Rly, comrade?

Point is, they need to stop whining and begging for handouts. Isn't crushing American Small Business enough for them? Sorry, but they can't have anymore handouts. Time for them to deal with it. Boo Hoo. :(

What handouts are they asking for? They want to hire more people. The onlu thing stopping them is government regulation.
You're against government regulation in the private sector, right?

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has an $18M a year salary package for a company worth $78B. Over the next year MS will layoff 18,000 so they can become more efficient. How so fucking nice. I suspect everyone else will either have stagnated salaries for the next few years and more than a few will get salary cuts. Those are the LUCKY ones.

"""Chief Executive Satya Nadella, who took over the role from Steve Ballmer more than five months ago, has been seeking to streamline the company's operations in order to focus more on developing technology to help people improve their lives and businesses run with more efficiency."""

Microsoft to Cut 18,000 Jobs
Software Giant Expects to Book Charge of $1.1 Billion to $1.6 Billion

Microsoft to Cut Up to 18,000 Jobs - WSJ

That odd, could've sworn some partisan liberal hack just recently posted another "GOOD NEWS" economic post, telling us how the Hussein is leading us to an awesome economic recovery.

Of course, I'm sure you can spin this and blame it on the Tea Party.

Last edited:
Large corporations instituted the H1B visa system and set the caps in place? Rly, comrade?

Point is, they need to stop whining and begging for handouts. Isn't crushing American Small Business enough for them? Sorry, but they can't have anymore handouts. Time for them to deal with it. Boo Hoo. :(

What handouts are they asking for? They want to hire more people. The onlu thing stopping them is government regulation.

No, they want Government to intervene and change the rules so they can employ more Foreign Workers. Well guess what? No more handouts. They'll have to go it alone. And i have no sympathy for them. It is what it is.

Yeah, the more i listen to Bill Gates' whining, the more it sounds like he's setting us up for a future Government Bailout. More 'Too Big to Fail' Bullshite.

If thats true it wont be Bill Gates' decision. You understand that, right?

I'm sick of big Corporation whining. They've crushed the little guy. And it happened by way of Government manipulation. The two have colluded to make it almost impossible for small business to survive in this country. It's time to end Corporate Welfare once and for all.

No, they want Government to intervene and change the rules so they can employ more Foreign Workers. Well guess what? No more handouts. They'll have to go it alone. And i have no sympathy for them. It is what it is.

Government to intervene? Who set the quotas in the first place? I thought you were in favor of free trade, Josef?

I'm sick of big Corporation whining. They've crushed the little guy. And it happened by way of Government manipulation. The two have colluded to make it almost impossible for small business to survive in this country. It's time to end Corporate Welfare once and for all.

So Microsoft is setting up a bailout because they've crushed competition from little guys?

The batshit leftwingnuts on here are right: you are nuts.

Government to intervene? Who set the quotas in the first place? I thought you were in favor of free trade, Josef?

Bill Gates has done pretty well. He'll survive without this handout. And if he doesn't? Well, Boo Hoo for him. Life goes on.

They also adopted the "HP business" model which is why I just lost mine after many years. 1 of 16K.

The country is dead and dying. IT is being horrifically outsourced. The goal of IBM is to outsource everyone except the managers to that shit hole called India.

So Microsoft is setting up a bailout because they've crushed competition from little guys?

Yes, Big Corporations with the help of Big Government, have set out to eradicate American Small Business. So it is time to create real separation of Corporation and Government. The two have become one. And that has to change.

And yes, the more i hear Bill Gates whine, the more i get the feeling he's setting us up for a future Government Bailout. That's just my feeling anyway.

Yes, Big Corporations with the help of Big Government, have set out to eradicate American Small Business. So it is time to create real separation of Corporation and Government. The two have become one. And that has to change.

And yes, the more i hear Bill Gates whine, the more i get the feeling he's setting us up for a future Government Bailout. That's just my feeling anyway.

You dont see the irony of saying they've choked off competition while saying they'll need a bailout?

They also adopted the "HP business" model which is why I just lost mine after many years. 1 of 16K.

The country is dead and dying. IT is being horrifically outsourced. The goal of IBM is to outsource everyone except the managers to that shit hole called India.

The reality is that the mega tech companies don't invent or innovative - they are acquisition machines. And each acquisition has cost savings synergies in the business case.

Why dont you tell me those things, since you made them up?

Go away. You're just plain fucking stupid.

His multi-billion dollar Foundation has about half a billion.
He is required to leave the remainder secured in a separate account from which HE draws the interest.
98% of MS are H1-Bs.
Gates used Santorum to mandate Gardesil and it's well known how his HIV and other drug programs use Africans.

The fact that you won't take 1 second to look this stuff up displays what an ideologue you are.

Go eat some pussy with GW.

Gates Foundation=$37Billion.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation & Other Top U.S. Foundations | Foundation Center

Microsoft employees: 61,313 in the US
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation & Other Top U.S. Foundations | Foundation Center

H1B visas granted: 65,000
H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That would leave fewer than 4,000 H1B workers for every other tech company in America, like Google, Apple, etc. Yeah, that's not true either.

The rest of your "facts" are equally lies. If you want to make something up at least a) make it believable, 2) make it difficult to fact check.

Also I remember back in the 90's when the (R)'s tried to make Microsoft a Monopoly so they could break up Microsoft and create more competition.

The (D)'s were the party of NO on this, so any conspiracy theories from the far left about Microsoft being right wing is just plain bogus. Bill Gates hates the (R) party because they came after him in the 90's..

Although it is funny to watch the far left use Apple as an example that all should follow since their over priced products are made in China with slave labor. But hey the far left has also been open to show what hypocrites they truly are..

The reality is that the mega tech companies don't invent or innovative - they are acquisition machines. And each acquisition has cost savings synergies in the business case.

It's a helluva lot cheaper and faster for them to buy someone who's already done the work. Building things from scratch takes time, time the big companies don't want to spend catching up. Some big companies play on the edge as well. But those days are flying by, and even when they still do a lot of the research investments are being sent offshore along with the rest of the budget.

This is what happens when you give a company like microsoft a monopoly on PC operating systems and office software. The workers and consumers get hosed.

His multi-billion dollar Foundation has about half a billion.
He is required to leave the remainder secured in a separate account from which HE draws the interest.
98% of MS are H1-Bs.
Gates used Santorum to mandate Gardesil and it's well known how his HIV and other drug programs use Africans.

The fact that you won't take 1 second to look this stuff up displays what an ideologue you are.

Go eat some pussy with GW.

Gates Foundation=$37Billion.

Microsoft employees: 61,313 in the US

H1B visas granted: 65,000
H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That would leave fewer than 4,000 H1B workers for every other tech company in America, like Google, Apple, etc. Yeah, that's not true either.

The rest of your "facts" are equally lies. If you want to make something up at least a) make it believable, 2) make it difficult to fact check.

Also I remember back in the 90's when the (R)'s tried to make Microsoft a Monopoly so they could break up Microsoft and create more competition.

The (D)'s were the party of NO on this, so any conspiracy theories from the far left about Microsoft being right wing is just plain bogus. Bill Gates hates the (R) party because they came after him in the 90's..

Although it is funny to watch the far left use Apple as an example that all should follow since their over priced products are made in China with slave labor. But hey the far left has also been open to show what hypocrites they truly are..

Apple's software, which requires insight, innovation and ingenuity is NOT developed in China or India.

Government and Corporations need to be completely separated. The relationship has grown far too cozy. And small businesses are suffering as a result. Aside from some basic Taxation and minimal regulation, there should be very little contact and interaction between Corporations and Government.

It's this merging of the two that's causing all the problems. Corporate Welfare should be ended. They'll have to go it alone. But by the same token, there should be only minimal Taxation & Regulation. The two should have very little contact and interaction otherwise. That's the only solution for saving our American Small Businesses.

Last edited:
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has an $18M a year salary package for a company worth $78B. Over the next year MS will layoff 18,000 so they can become more efficient. How so fucking nice. I suspect everyone else will either have stagnated salaries for the next few years and more than a few will get salary cuts. Those are the LUCKY ones.

"""Chief Executive Satya Nadella, who took over the role from Steve Ballmer more than five months ago, has been seeking to streamline the company's operations in order to focus more on developing technology to help people improve their lives and businesses run with more efficiency."""

Microsoft to Cut 18,000 Jobs
Software Giant Expects to Book Charge of $1.1 Billion to $1.6 Billion

Microsoft to Cut Up to 18,000 Jobs - WSJ

10 to1 NTP lost her job at walmart...Microsoft is way out of her range.

Forum List

Back