Mick Mulvaney to be named next director of Office of Management and Budget

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is probably the best pick Trump has made. Mulvaney was my Congressman when I lived in South Carolina. I voted for him in the 2010 election and he has been outstanding. Since the day he took office he has been one of the loudest critics of the national debt and our nation's destructive spending habits. I hope in this new position he can make some real headway.

This is probably the best pick Trump has made. Mulvaney was my Congressman when I lived in South Carolina. I voted for him in the 2010 election and he has been outstanding. Since the day he took office he has been one of the loudest critics of the national debt and our nation's destructive spending habits. I hope in this new position he can make some real headway.

It's a shame you didn't vote Trump and help.....

but all the OMB does is report figures, right? they estimate what things that are being legislated will cost and project the affect on the budget, no?

I'm not certain they have much power of any sort....?

I am curious to see how he tries to get the budget under control at same time Trump wants to fix our infrastructure...

I am curious to see how he tries to get the budget under control at same time Trump wants to fix our infrastructure...

Fix our infrastructure, build new bridges, roads, highways, airports...while cutting taxes on businesses, eliminate taxes on everyone making less than $25,000/50,000 for couples, and meanwhile, attacking ISIS without NATO.

Fix our infrastructure, build new bridges, roads, highways, airports...while cutting taxes on businesses, eliminate taxes on everyone making less than $25,000/50,000 for couples, and meanwhile, attacking ISIS without NATO.
Yep. Lol me and wife already make less than 25k and other than taxes taken from income and paid on stuff we buy we don't PAY taxes. Money will come back from overseas. With less taxes on businesses get them to build bridges etc. That's why its up to that guy to figure it out.

Yep. Lol me and wife already make less than 25k and other than taxes taken from income and paid on stuff we buy we don't PAY taxes. Money will come back from overseas. With less taxes on businesses get them to build bridges etc. That's why its up to that guy to figure it out.

What is really hilarious about most of the "lowering taxes on businesses argument" is that businesses are pretty good already at avoiding paying taxes. I guess the argument can be made that the ones who are not so good at it will get some relief and you'll see growth there (I think a lot of the businesswomen and businessmen will just pocket the extra income--you don't automatically expand just because you have some cash--your competitors are supposedly going to have the extra cash too so it's not a sure thing). But Trump knows better than most how to avoid taxes--remember; "that makes me smart". Removing a "penalty" many if not most are not suffering from will do nothing.

Just a bit of common sense.

Trump's Chumps thought they were voting for a populist but he filled out his Cabinet of the 1% with Mick Mulvaney someone who wants to cut SS and Medicare severely. Now that the Elec College has made it official there will be no reason to keep up the pretense that he is working for the 99%.

Trump has called out some heavy hitters to brutally buttfuck the American worker. The working class living wage is about to become a thing of the past.

but all the OMB does is report figures, right? they estimate what things that are being legislated will cost and project the affect on the budget, no?

Political power on how they score bills. It will be interesting how a fiscal conservative will react to Trumps big infrastructure spending.

Because they help the President craft his budget

Trump haters might have listened when he explained how he'd pay for what he wants to do. I'd go into it but see no reason to tonight...they're still butt-hurt enough to need a hemorrhoid-ring to sit on a kitchen chair.
lol.gif

Forum List

Back