Michigan to start saliva drug-testing for drivers

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This may work if the penalties are severe like a $2000 fine and license suspension for a year or more. We should do the same with drunk drivers and text-drivers and extreme speeders. Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

Michigan Goes Total Police State With Roadside Saliva Check Points

july 22 2016 The Michigan State Police is working on plans to establish a pilot program for roadside drug testing, a spokeswoman said.

A new law instructs the state police to pick five counties where it will run a one-year pilot program for saliva-based testing to check drivers for drugs like marijuana, heroin and cocaine.

“We expect the counties to be finalized this summer with a pilot to begin sometime later in the year,” MSP spokeswoman Shanon Banner said.

The five counties will be determined based on criteria including: the number of impaired driving crashes;the number of impaired drivers arrested; and the number of Drug Recognition Experts (DREs) trained in the county, she said.

Of course a teabagger state wants to criminalize behavior from 2 days prior to driving. Always can count on those fascists to tread on you.

This may work if the penalties are severe like a $2000 fine and license suspension for a year or more. We should do the same with drunk drivers and text-drivers and extreme speeders. Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

july 22 2016 The Michigan State Police is working on plans to establish a pilot program for roadside drug testing, a spokeswoman said.

A new law instructs the state police to pick five counties where it will run a one-year pilot program for saliva-based testing to check drivers for drugs like marijuana, heroin and cocaine.

“We expect the counties to be finalized this summer with a pilot to begin sometime later in the year,” MSP spokeswoman Shanon Banner said.

The five counties will be determined based on criteria including: the number of impaired driving crashes;the number of impaired drivers arrested; and the number of Drug Recognition Experts (DREs) trained in the county, she said.

Anyone under the influence of any drug driving high should get slammed including pharmaceuticals, and cellphones..

I was driving behind some dumb ass yesterday that was going so slow and looked drunk..while passing I could see her texting..
I got really angry with her and yelled at her to get off her phone..How stupid can a person be.

Of course a teabagger state wants to criminalize behavior from 2 days prior to driving. Always can count on those fascists to tread on you.

Some drugs stay in your body for several days...Many times people are driving with hangovers the next day with high blood levels..
They are still high.

Last edited:
I thought it was rulled unconstintioal when Indiana tried to do it in the 90s?

And exactly how are they to determine who to test?

The high looking ones who are suspected of being under the influence should get a blood test.

Lol ok glad I don't live in Michigan bc I would refuse this asinine test even though I barely drink and NEVER do drugs

Then you would go to jail...
My father was killed by a drunk 19 year old driver, I am an addiction counselor..

If your driving high well then you suffer the consequences..

I thought so

Justices Strike Down Drug Checkpoints

Menu
ABC News

00:00

Justices Strike Down Drug Checkpoints
  • By ABC NEWS
W A S H I N G T O N, Nov. 28
The U.S. Supreme Court today struck down the police practice of executing random drug searches at highway checkpoints, calling the practice a violation of Americans’ right to privacy.

With the court’s most conservative members dissenting, the justices ruled against the city of Indianapolis, voting 6-3 that the police use of roadblocks and random stops to cut the flow of illegal drugs through the city was unconstitutional.

The high looking ones who are suspected of being under the influence should get a blood test.

Lol ok glad I don't live in Michigan bc I would refuse this asinine test even though I barely drink and NEVER do drugs

My father was killed by a drunk 19 year old driver, I am an addiction counselor..

Drunk is one thing high is another and harder to detect like I asked so you just pull over ppl for the hell of it and force them to take the test at gunpoint? I mean seriously this is ridiculous.i disagree with mass dui stops as well get off their ass and drive the streets finding people not harassing ME just trying to get home

Drunk is one thing high is another and harder to detect like I asked so you just pull over ppl for the hell of it and force them to take the test at gunpoint? I mean seriously this is ridiculous.i disagree with mass dui stops as well get off their ass and drive the streets finding people not harassing ME just trying to get home

This stupid law won't hold up...no way, totally against the 4th.

I second this. To me, anyone who complains about it only incriminates themselves. When there is nothing to hide, no one minds.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I second this. To me, anyone who complains about it only incriminates themselves. When there is nothing to hide, no one minds.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Truly a frightening thought.

Well I understand your point, we have check points in my area , people know where they are and go the other way..lol.

Well I understand your point, we have check points in my area , people know where they are and go the other way..lol.
Cops here were smart about it there was literally one road from Franklin North Carolina to Clayton Georgia and they would set up ON the state line

The U.S. Supreme Court today struck down the police practice of executing random drug searches at highway checkpoints, calling the practice a violation of Americans’ right to privacy.

The constitution says "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states". So the supreme court cannot repeal laws. THINK

Forum List

Back