Michelle Obama's American Pie

What does Bush have to do with anything? I've never liked or supported the guy.

The point is Kirk continues to bring up Cindy's past drug use, which she got help for, but ignores Obama's drug use, which he also got help for. The difference is...Cindy's not actually running for President.

Cindy forged prescriptions in the names of her employees and stole drugs from her own charity, so it effected other people as well.

I think both Barack and Michelle love their country. I believe they are good people and amazing success stories and with two beautiful children.

But their world view is not my world view as illustrated in Michelle's "pie" theory.

I think it is fair to point this out. They are for redistribution of wealth. I am not. I am for a level playing field. Barack and Michelle are perfect examples of why we do not need redistribution of wealth as they succeeded on their own due in large part in my opinion to having a strong parents and in Obama's case grandparents.

They think government is the soltion. I think government is mostly the problem.

And I think people who hate government shouldn't be running government. There's never a level playing field.

Cindy forged prescriptions in the names of her employees and stole drugs from her own charity, so it effected other people as well.

well, Brock hangs out with terrorist bombers but you will still vote for him

Like I said... what's your response to baby bush being a cokehead? I thought we're all allowed "youthful indiscretions" (even though Bush's were at 40, but whatever).

Say it ain't so Joe. There you go again pointing backwards. You prefaced your whole comment with the "Bush Admnistration". Now doggone let's look ahead.

And I think people who hate government shouldn't be running government. There's never a level playing field.

I do not hate government. And you're right the playing field is not level. But government has done much good to level the playing field especially in the area of civil rights. Barack and Michelle are a product of that.

However when the government gets involved with economics in an attempt to redistribute wealth it is a disaster. I believe history will show that the Community Reinvestment Act started in the Carter Administration and expanded in the Clinton Administration nearly ruined the American economy.

And that's not good for anyone.

Carter should have stuck to Habitats for Humanity.

I do not hate government. And you're right the playing field is not level. But government has done much good to level the playing field especially in the area of civil rights. Barack and Michelle are a product of that.

However when the government gets involved with economics in an attempt to redistribute wealth it is a disaster. I believe history will show that the Community Reinvestment Act started in the Carter Administration and expanded in the Clinton Administration nearly ruined the American economy.

Carter has nothing to do with it. There is a website you should look at. It will tell you who pulls the strings....

http://www.publicintegrity.org/

Follow the money.

No, he more than likely still does, on the sly. I bet he dines with the Rev. Jeramiah Wrighteousness too. :eek:

I kind of doubt that but still, Wright is not a terrorist bomber. Ayers was and there is no question Ayers and Obama had a relationship. What isn't know is what was the extent of that relationship.

The government redistributes wealth every time it gives tax breaks to corporations and the top 1% of our population. I disagree with you about the Community Reinvestment Act. I think de-regulation was much more of a problem. And a bigger problem was our energy policy being devised in a smoke filled room with our VP who won't tell us who was there with him. (Though we know it was oil company lobbyists and CEO's).

I agree re Carter... terrible president, though he was a good ex-president while he stuck to Habitat for Humanity.

Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born in Mount Vernon, Washington, Glenn Beck was raised a Roman Catholic. He graduated from Sehome High School in Bellingham, Washington in 1982.

His early life was pitted with tragedies. His mother committed suicide when he was 13. One of his brothers also committed suicide. Another sibling reportedly had a fatal heart attack.[6]

Beck is a self-described reformed alcoholic and drug addict.[7] In the aftermath of those three family tragedies, Beck said he used "Dr. Jack Daniels" and heavy drugs to cope. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.

Beck has spoken often of his religious beliefs and conversion. "God stalked me!...He had a giant baptismal rifle," Beck said. "I thwarted him. I led people astray as much I could but he kept putting Mormons in my way."[8]

Beck has two teenage daughters, Hannah and Mary, by his first marriage; Mary has cerebral palsy. He has two children, Raphe (adopted in 2004) and Cheyenne (born 2006), with his second wife, Tania.

On January 4, 2008, Beck posted a video on YouTube about a recent surgery he describes as "botched." Beck vaguely described his treatment at an unnamed hospital as gone "horribly awry," and recalled apprehension and suicidal thoughts brought on by sedation and his medication. He returned to radio on January 7, and indicated that he had been in for what he jokingly referred to as "butt surgery." He indicated that prior to his recent book tour he "started with three" and by the time the tour was over, he "had eight." He also joked that listeners would make jokes about "roid rage."

The government redistributes wealth every time it gives tax breaks to corporations and the top 1% of our population).

I agree re Carter... terrible president, though he was a good ex-president while he stuck to Habitat for Humanity.

You can't redistribute that which you don't take. :cuckoo:

70% of tax filers do not pay tax so how do you give 95% of tax payers a a tax cut?:cuckoo:

Top 10% pay 68% of taxes.

Now that is redistribution.

Please don't have the nerve to call anyone racist if you support a black liberation theologist like Barack Obama. The man hates white people more than Sarah Palin hates a vacation to Florida.

he is half white, so does that mean he hates himself. Some of your points are good but then you start drinking robitussin and say crazy shit like this.

Forum List

Back