Michelle ignores the facts about White House workforce.

The legend of slaves building Capitol is correct

But the task force did find plenty of evidence of slave involvement in the Capitol's construction. Perhaps the most compelling evidence were records of payments from the commissioners for the District of Columbia — the three men appointed by George Washington to oversee the construction of the Capitol and the rest of the city of Washington — to slave owners for the rental of slaves to work on the Capitol. The records reflect 385 payments between 1795 and 1801 for "Negro hire," a euphemism for the yearly rental of slaves.

Slave crews also toiled at the marble and sandstone quarries that provided the stone to face the structure — lonely, grueling work with bleak living conditions in rural Virginia and elsewhere. "Keep the yearly hirelings at work from sunrise to sunset — particularly the Negroes," the commissioners wrote to quarry operator William O'Neale in 1794.

Pelosi might have specified that slaves were only part of the work force, but they were involved with almost every aspect of construction for at least the first several years. We find her statement True.

Poor racist whites and stupid conservatives...wrong yet again....

Slaves participated in the building of the White House.
Problem is, Michelle has made the claim before that "she wakes up in a house every day that was built by slaves".

If you leave it at that, you come away believing they were the only ones who built it. That of course is not correct.
The architect was white, and even the later architect was white, and the skilled white workers had to teach the slaves how to fucking do their job.

Hopefully next time the First Lady will be accurate and say something like this:

"I wake up in a house every day, where slaves participated in the construction of".

Hopefully she'll get onboard real quick, because she ain't gonna be waking up in the house for much longer !! :rofl:
How do you draw the conclusion that waking up in a house built by slaves means waking up in a house built ONLY by slaves?

Michelle:

“I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves."

The proper and truthful way to say this would be something like this:

"I wake up every morning in a house, where slaves participated in the construction of it"

But the task force did find plenty of evidence of slave involvement in the Capitol's construction. Perhaps the most compelling evidence were records of payments from the commissioners for the District of Columbia — the three men appointed by George Washington to oversee the construction of the Capitol and the rest of the city of Washington — to slave owners for the rental of slaves to work on the Capitol. The records reflect 385 payments between 1795 and 1801 for "Negro hire," a euphemism for the yearly rental of slaves.

Slave crews also toiled at the marble and sandstone quarries that provided the stone to face the structure — lonely, grueling work with bleak living conditions in rural Virginia and elsewhere. "Keep the yearly hirelings at work from sunrise to sunset — particularly the Negroes," the commissioners wrote to quarry operator William O'Neale in 1794.

Pelosi might have specified that slaves were only part of the work force, but they were involved with almost every aspect of construction for at least the first several years. We find her statement True.

Problem is, Michelle has made the claim before that "she wakes up in a house every day that was built by slaves".

If you leave it at that, you come away believing they were the only ones who built it. That of course is not correct.
The architect was white, and even the later architect was white, and the skilled white workers had to teach the slaves how to fucking do their job.

Hopefully next time the First Lady will be accurate and say something like this:

"I wake up in a house every day, where slaves participated in the construction of".

Hopefully she'll get onboard real quick, because she ain't gonna be waking up in the house for much longer !! :rofl:
How do you draw the conclusion that waking up in a house built by slaves means waking up in a house built ONLY by slaves?

Michelle:

"I wake up every morning in a house, where slaves participated in the construction of it"

Michelle did not say....I wake up in a house built entirely by slaves

She is cognizant of the fact that slave labor was used in building that house

Its amazing how people give away how simple minded they are. Only a retard would come away believing only Blacks built the WH. The point was that they did build the white house despite you being wrapped up in your emotions. If you dont like what she said then too bad. I dare you to anything about it other than talk on the internet.

I educated you on this a couple months back.
Anyway, using your inferior logic I could just as easily say that white people built the WH the.
You need to educate yourself before you try to educate me.

You could say a lot of things. No one would care though.

I showed you the facts. You simply want to go on living in your own little world of denial.

Michelle:

Her wording gives that impression.

Like I say, she's free to give slaves credit, and in fact that would be appropriate, but they were not the only ones who worked on the construction of the White House.

Jesus, afro americans could not fucking cut a square edge until Whitey showed them how and even then not many grasped the concept. :p Sorry afro-centric fantasy land retards.
We built the pyramids which you whites still havent figured out how to do yet and we taught you math when you were still eating each other in europe.
Egyptians built the pyrimids dumbass. Learn some geography and history.

Its amazing how people give away how simple minded they are. Only a retard would come away believing only Blacks built the WH. The point was that they did build the white house despite you being wrapped up in your emotions. If you dont like what she said then too bad. I dare you to anything about it other than talk on the internet.

I educated you on this a couple months back.
Anyway, using your inferior logic I could just as easily say that white people built the WH the.
You need to educate yourself before you try to educate me.

You could say a lot of things. No one would care though.

I showed you the facts. You simply want to go on living in your own little world of denial.
You only showed how illiterate you are. Your opinions and bad reading comprehension are not facts. You do realize you are under no obligation at all to believe everything you think right?

Michelle:

Her wording gives that impression.

Like I say, she's free to give slaves credit, and in fact that would be appropriate, but they were not the only ones who worked on the construction of the White House.
it only gives illiterate people that impression. People with intellect understand exactly what she said.

Forum List

Back