Michelle Carter gets fifteen months in texting suicide case??

All the texts between Michelle Carter and Conrad Roy the day he died

So....maybe she's a bitch...but this
Is absurd. If I told everyone here on this board to go off yourselves....you gonna do that? Come on.....this is a whole new level of stupid.

https://jezebel.com/michelle-carter-is-going-to-prison-1832558335

Jo

Totally agree. The sentence is ridiculous and I’m confident that through appeal, it will be set aside if not overturned completely.
It should increase

Ridiculous.
Lock her up

I agree. Girls are taught to hate and abuse men from an early age. She deserves it.

Another ridiculous comment.

Some posts are getting frighteningly close to suggesting personal responsibility for actions!
What about soldiers who follow illegal, immoral orders?
What would we ever do if people thought for themselves?

Some posts are getting frighteningly close to suggesting personal responsibility for actions!

Good God man! Your sounding very
First amendment--ish! :04: .Be careful
The Borg are watching!

Jo

Good God man! Your sounding very
First amendment--ish! :04: .Be careful
The Borg are watching!

Jo
Yeah, I forget myself sometimes. Gotta watch that!

Totally agree. The sentence is ridiculous and I’m confident that through appeal, it will be set aside if not overturned completely.
It should increase

Ridiculous.
Lock her up

I agree. Girls are taught to hate and abuse men from an early age. She deserves it.

What is “ridiculous” about it? Girls are taught by feminists to hate and abuse men.

What is “ridiculous” about it? Girls are taught by feminists to hate and abuse men.

That's fine..... Doesn't make them murderers though no matter how much they become Bitter shit bitches.

Jo

Maybe. But how many lives have been lost because of vapid c***s who make men’s lives miserable. Either causing men to kill themselves or go on a rampage and killing others. It usually comes back to some manipulative bitch.

Lock her up

That's fine..... Doesn't make them murderers though no matter how much they become Bitter shit bitches.

Jo

Maybe. But how many lives have been lost because of vapid c***s who make men’s lives miserable. Either causing men to kill themselves or go on a rampage and killing others. It usually comes back to some manipulative bitch.

There's no doubt that it has a bad effect
On society and is needless.

Jo

Oh...and that is why there are so many women arrested for spousal abuse; no--that is usually men who get arrested for that. As for "hating men", the divorce rate has remained about the same % since around 1980. You have zero stats to back up your BS; just your personal anecdotes and excuses for why you never get any.

What if you ordered him to go back in traffic after he said it wasn’t safe

Probably call him a "dumbass" for being so stupid. I can "order" anyone to do anything I want. But if they actually follow those "orders", they're idiots.

So what you're saying that Charlie Manson shouldn't have been found guilty of murder because he didn't kill anybody, he just told other people to kill people and because they did, they're idiots, but Charlie shouldn't have to pay for those murders.
What a ridiculous analogy. This was SELF inflicted.

If the killing was done at the direction and behest of another, and the victim is already mentally ill, those doing the direction are at fault.

OK ...Mentally ill is a new element. I'm not aware that it is a factor in this instance.

Jo
They both have problems. If you read all the texts released, she genuinely cared for the guy. She felt sorry for him because he wanted to die.
Some people wanna die :dunno:

Oh...and that is why there are so many women arrested for spousal abuse; no--that is usually men who get arrested for that. As for "hating men", the divorce rate has remained about the same % since around 1980. You have zero stats to back up your BS; just your personal anecdotes and excuses for why you never get any.

Uh, because it’s women that drive men to violence, like I just said. When women do beat men, they usually just suck it up and never report it.

All the texts between Michelle Carter and Conrad Roy the day he died

So....maybe she's a bitch...but this
Is absurd. If I told everyone here on this board to go off yourselves....you gonna do that? Come on.....this is a whole new level of stupid.

https://jezebel.com/michelle-carter-is-going-to-prison-1832558335

Jo

I agree. That man made his own decision to take his life. Her words didn't force him to. This is a slippery slope to undermining the First Amendment.

I loves me some wemmins, but no pussy is worth killing myself over.

Plenty more where that came from.

I don't get the rationale here...how did she become responsible for his death? What's to stop my neighbor from claiming that I stare at him so he had to kill himself?

Jo

Me neither. If I told someone to go play in traffic and they get ran over, it's their fault, not mine.

Probably call him a "dumbass" for being so stupid. I can "order" anyone to do anything I want. But if they actually follow those "orders", they're idiots.

So what you're saying that Charlie Manson shouldn't have been found guilty of murder because he didn't kill anybody, he just told other people to kill people and because they did, they're idiots, but Charlie shouldn't have to pay for those murders.
But we live in the same type of times today as in Manson's era. Only people are more jaded.

I don't see this as a major change in the law, or an expansion of it. It is already established that a solicitation to commit murder can be charged as murder.

He has no obligation to follow my orders.

No matter what I say he chooses what to do.

Now if I a gun pointed at his head and told him to walk into traffic your point might be valid
Neither did the 9-11 terrorists
They did not have to follow bin Ladens orders

Exactly right they chose to hijack and crash those planes and OBL was in on the conspiracy which is a crime.

If you called me up and I told you to jump off a bridge am i responsible for your choice to jump off a bridge?

In this case, I walked away from the bridge and you ordered me back on

and you were in no way obligated to turn around and walk back on to the bridge

if we are being true to our analogy here I texted you and told you to walk back out on the bridge and you still had no obligation to comply with my request and if you did walk back out on the bridge you did so of your own free will
She should have been charged with criminally negligent manslaughter

The officer that ordered Nat Guard soldiers to shoot at Kent State went free, and this girl gets sentenced for a telephone conversation discussing self inflicted death?
Someone explain the punch line of this joke, please.

He has no obligation to follow my orders.

No matter what I say he chooses what to do.

Now if I a gun pointed at his head and told him to walk into traffic your point might be valid
Neither did the 9-11 terrorists
They did not have to follow bin Ladens orders

Exactly right they chose to hijack and crash those planes and OBL was in on the conspiracy which is a crime.

If you called me up and I told you to jump off a bridge am i responsible for your choice to jump off a bridge?

In this case, I walked away from the bridge and you ordered me back on

and you were in no way obligated to turn around and walk back on to the bridge

if we are being true to our analogy here I texted you and told you to walk back out on the bridge and you still had no obligation to comply with my request and if you did walk back out on the bridge you did so of your own free will
She should have been charged with criminally negligent manslaughter

No.

If that's the case then everyone who tells you to jump off a bridge would be guilty of attempted murder

No one forced that kid to kill himself it was his choice and his choice alone

Me neither. If I told someone to go play in traffic and they get ran over, it's their fault, not mine.

OK. I'll bite!

Those people were killed by Manson's followers! They did not kill themselves, dumbass!

If you participate in a crime where someone dies, even one of the criminals, you can be charged with murder. The same logic applied to Manson.

If I tell you to go kill someone, that is conspiracy to commit murder at the least.

Suicide is a crime. We won't discuss how ridiculous it is that it's illegal to kill yourself, because they can't charge you if you succeed, but suicide IS a crime, so in counselling, encouraging and ordering this man to kill himself, she is aiding and abetting a crime.

Since killing yourself goes against all human nature and biological programming, someone considering suicide is deemed to be mentally ill, so basically this bitch emotiionally abused a person who was already mentally, to the point where they killed themselves. Sadistic, inhuman, and illegal.
I can't believe you have to argue this point. Sheesh!

Who do you think is pushing the "toxic masculinity" narrative in colleges and social media?

Forum List

Back