Michael Savage's trashes combat vets

Truman123

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2014
Michael Savage s Disgusting Rant PTSD And Depression Sufferers Are Weak Narcissistic Losers Blog Media Matters for America

Conservative radio host Michael Savage accused those who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression, including military veterans, of being "weak," "narcissistic," "losers." Savage added that "we're being laughed at around the world. No wonder ISIS can defeat our military."

As Right Wing Watch's Brian Tashman documented, Savage began an October 14 segment by complaining about a plan to rename a San Francisco tunnel after the late comedian Robin Williams. Savage called Williams "a depressed clown who was so selfish he choked himself to death with a belt." He added: "What is this sick, backwards area I live in?"

After getting into a heated argument with a caller who said he suffered from PTSD while in the military, Savage went on an unhinged rant in which he explained why he is "so sick and tired of everyone with their complaints about PTSD, depression":

SAVAGE: I am so sick and tired of everyone with their complaints about PTSD, depression. Everyone wants their hand held, and a check -- a government check. What are you, the only generation that had PTSD? The only generation that's depressed? I'm sick of it. I can't take the celebration of weakness and depression.

See, I was raised a little differently. I was raised to fight weakness. I was raised to fight pain. I was raised to fight depression. Not to give into it. Not to cave into it and cry like a little baby in bed. "Boo-hoo-hoo. Boo-hoo-hoo." Everyone has depression in their life. Everyone has sickness and sadness and disease. And loss of relatives. And loss of career. Everyone has depression in their life. But if the whole nation is told, "boo-hoo-hoo, come and get a medication, come and get treatment, talk about mental illness." You know what you wind up with? You wind up with Obama in the White House and liars in every phase of the government. That's what you wind up with. It's a weak, sick, nation. A weak, sick, broken nation. And you need men like me to save the country. You need men to stand up and say stop crying like a baby over everything. Stand up already. Stop telling me how sick you are and sad you are. Talk about the good things in your life.

When have you last heard that? Oh, everyone's holding their hand. "Oh, welcome to Good Morning America, sir. You almost committed suicide, how interesting. Please tell us your story." Maybe a young child who's on the edge can commit suicide. What a country. No wonder we're being laughed at around the world. No wonder ISIS can defeat our military. Take a look at that. Take a look at that, why people aren't even getting married anymore to have children. They don't even have the guts to raise a child. The men are so weak, and so narcissistic, all they want to do is have fun. Bunch of losers. Just go have a brewski and look at the 49ers, you idiot, you. They won't even get married, won't have a child, it takes too much of a man to do that. What a country. You're not a man, you're a dog. A dog raises babies better than most American men do.

MediaMatters??

Good God!!!

Haven't you learned your lesson yet?
You can rationally engage the truth of the matter at any point.

First of all, media matters isn't a reliable source, and tend to either misquote the subject or take everything out of context.

Second of all, who cares what an asshole like MS says anyway? He doesn't represent anyone other than himself and a few fringedwellers living in their parents basements.

Last of all, you can expect to hear stories coming out of the sewer during October prior to an election. It's as predictable as clockwork. These folks are getting pretty desperate. They can't afford to be honest about anything.

Savage, the same guy who says we are headed for a civil war, then recommends stopping it by doing the same thing (voting GOP) and expecting a different result.

A guy that's never been in combat, never had a terminal illness, never has done much of anything but blow his wad to impress us, has no idea what the other guy is going through..
ISIS and the US has never fought a combined arms actions, if so, we all know they would be blown away...

Savage says some far out shit sometimes, but IMO he's by far the most entertaining radio personality out there. Say what you want to say about the guy, he's interesting and often times he makes you think.

Having listened to Savage for a long time, this OP is taking his comments out of context.

He has long admired and honored our military and veterans.

Savage has been a top radio talker for 20 years. He has said many things we all can disagree with. In a free nation, that is his and our right...but then we are not in a free nation any longer.

His point is we should deal with depression and not cry over it. We should pick ourselves up and move forward. Tough love.

A guy that's never been in combat, never had a terminal illness, never has done much of anything but blow his wad to impress us, has no idea what the other guy is going through..
ISIS and the US has never fought a combined arms actions, if so, we all know they would be blown away...

In your small mind, anyone who has not personally experienced those things can't talk about them.

Leftists...the most intolerant people known to man.

In your small mind, anyone who has not personally experienced those things can't talk about them.

Yeah that's why I have a radio show pronouncing my intolerance that you agree with...

Yeah that's why I have a radio show pronouncing my intolerance that you agree with...

Being an idiot, you are incapable of reasoned and thoughtful posts.

If you had listened to Savage for years, you would know he has honored the military on numerous occasions.

You like most leftists, accept the cool-aide spoon feed you by the leftist media....like a 1 year old child, you are incapable to thinking for yourself.

Having listened to Savage for a long time, this OP is taking his comments out of context.

Savage has been a top radio talker for 20 years. He has said many things we all can disagree with. In a free nation, that is his and our right...but then we are not in a free nation any longer.

His point is we should deal with depression and not cry over it. We should pick ourselves up and move forward. Tough love.

Perhaps if our society wasn't so eager to diagnose people with some condition-du-jour and then turn around and ensure those diagnosed are hooked on some drug-du-jour for the rest of their lives to deal with it...some of these folks could do a better job of dealing with it, as I have, rather than crying about it and using it as an excuse for whatever bad things happen to them.

Crazy, I know.

Perhaps if our society wasn't so eager to diagnose people with some condition-du-jour and then turn around and ensure those diagnosed are hooked on some drug-du-jour for the rest of their lives to deal with it...some of these folks could do a better job of dealing with it, as I have, rather than crying about it and using it as an excuse for whatever bad things happen to them.

Crazy, I know.

Exactly. That is the point Savage was making.

The Left hates him and regularly takes his comments out of context, to fool the foolish dolts who eagerly eat up their lies.

Almost everyone in the Country has suffered some traumatic event in their lives and live with the memory without whining about bad dreams.. WW1 and WW2 Soldiers were in it for the duration and the ones that survived picked up their lives and went on. Today's Soldier eats, sleeps and lives better for a shorter amount in time in combat than any other American Soldier in history and to their credit not many complain about it. The federal government has it set up so that a member of the Military doesn't even have to be in combat to be awarded a pension based on PTSD. All you have to do is be a good enough actor to fake symptoms and imagine you were in combat. Some members of the Military and Veterans even use PTSD as a defense in domestic abuse cases or other felonies. Personally I think the "Wounded Warriors Project" is worthwhile but I won't contribute as long as they include PTSD.

Crazy, I know.

Exactly. That is the point Savage was making.

The Left hates him and regularly takes his comments out of context, to fool the foolish dolts who eagerly eat up their lies.
Nonsense.

It's just more of the same rightwing "tough guy" idiocy hostile to facts concerning mental illness.

Forum List

Back