Mexican Millitary Comes onto US Soil

Just Imagine the outcry from Mexico and the world if the rolls were reversed and we were the ones who "accidentally" crossed into Mexico and held some of them at gun point. we would never hear the end of it.

A good argument for manning the border with Marines. See how THAT works out for them.

You know you don't want the Marines to have that mission. There needs to be a QRF for the border guards that are trained by the military with heavy weapons (Bradleys, Strykers, AH-64s, UAVs even Arty if it's deemed that it is required). They should be on call for border personnel faced with this type of situation. Those forces should be trained just as the border patrol is so there isn't the same gap as there is between the military and the border patrol.

Plus, we need bodies. If these fuckers want to make armed incursions into our country and the Mexican government wants to deny responsibility, we need to make it more difficult for them to say, "oh, those must have been criminals." If we have ID cards, weapons, and military vehicles it becomes untenable for them to deny it.

You know you don't want the Marines to have that mission. There needs to be a QRF for the border guards that are trained by the military with heavy weapons (Bradleys, Strykers, AH-64s, UAVs even Arty if it's deemed that it is required). They should be on call for border personnel faced with this type of situation. Those forces should be trained just as the border patrol is so there isn't the same gap as there is between the military and the border patrol.

Plus, we need bodies. If these fuckers want to make armed incursions into our country and the Mexican government wants to deny responsibility, we need to make it more difficult for them to say, "oh, those must have been criminals." If we have ID cards, weapons, and military vehicles it becomes untenable for them to deny it.

What we have to let them see, is that if they cross the border (especially with weapons or drugs) they'll get a bullet in their ass. I like your idea. The only problem that may arise from that, is drug cartel "moles" (if you will). Border Patrol ususally look for Spanish speaking agents...many of whom are Spanish. Many drug cartel members are American citizens with ID cards and everthing...it would be really difficult to weed out those guys without records here in the U.S. I think your idea has alot of potential though.

What we have to let them see, is that if they cross the border (especially with weapons or drugs) they'll get a bullet in their ass. I like your idea. The only problem that may arise from that, is drug cartel "moles" (if you will). Border Patrol ususally look for Spanish speaking agents...many of whom are Spanish. Many drug cartel members are American citizens with ID cards and everthing...it would be really difficult to weed out those guys without records here in the U.S. I think your idea has alot of potential though.

True enough. But, there are still incidents like the one at issue here. There is further bad news, the Mexican drug runners are actually better funded than the Mexican military. Even our border patrol, short of the heavy weapons option, will be out gunned.

True enough. But, there are still incidents like the one at issue here. There is further bad news, the Mexican drug runners are actually better funded than the Mexican military. Even our border patrol, short of the heavy weapons option, will be out gunned.

I agree 100%. I live on the Texas Coast and here all too often about "clashes" at the border....

What are the rules of engagement with respect to foreign troops coming into this country?

There is no ROE with respect to foreign troops coming into this country. Besides basic rules of engagement, ROE's are mission specific. A military unit would have to be deployed along the border and the ROE's drawn up that are specific to that mission.

In this forinstance, a defensive mission would be to repel the enemy by fire and close combat. That however, is the defensive mission of a Marine rifle squad deployed in a static position in a conventional battle between armed forces.

There is no ROE with respect to foreign troops coming into this country. Besides basic rules of engagement, ROE's are mission specific. A military unit would have to be deployed along the border and the ROE's drawn up that are specific to that mission.

In this forinstance, a defensive mission would be to repel the enemy by fire and close combat. That however, is the defensive mission of a Marine rifle squad deployed in a static position in a conventional battle between armed forces.

I'm okay with blowing them away... and I think I'd rather see marines deployed for that purpose than in Iraq.

I'm okay with blowing them away... and I think I'd rather see marines deployed for that purpose than in Iraq.

Please note for the record that Jillian is against the continuance of the Posse-Comatatis act.

Thanks for the confirmation of your hidden Stalinist agenda that one day will turn the US military against it's people. (Just teasin'.....maybe)

That's silly. Read the act and see if you can figure out the problem.

She won't, she never actually uses her brain, ir is just there to keep her head form collapsing and her hat covering her eyes.

I personally think that since it is a form of Invasion it should not be considered law enforcement at all.

That's silly. Read the act and see if you can figure out the problem.
Oh, I know what it means (btw, you spelled it wrong), but I believe Jillian was thinking of the Mexican army as an invading force, and not as something to be solved by police action.

Even so, I disagree with Jillian. IMO, it isn't the duty of our military to enforce border control along the Mexican border.

She won't, she never actually uses her brain, ir is just there to keep her head form collapsing and her hat covering her eyes.

I personally think that since it is a form of Invasion it should not be considered law enforcement at all.
Still smarting from your last smack down?

It is certainly a gray area. Deployment of federal troops for law enforcement not allowed, but if it is for the limited purpose of preventing incursions by foreign military personnel and other hostile forces, clearly it is allowed. It gets a little mucked up when we throw in millions of civilians every year trying to come across the border though.

My personal opinion, that I don't really support is that the rules of engagement should be "weapons free" within a half mile of the border and we can see who has the stones to try to cross it.

While I agree that it is possible, it's unlikely. How do you "not" know you've crossed the border? Illegals know when they cross the border...the mexican military should know. [

Yes, they should, But, ut's not all clearly marked. Mistakes happen.

Could you imagine a nation's military saying ," Oh, our bad....we didn't know we were in your country----lots of times."?

We don't have to imagine it. It happens.

Oh, I know what it means (btw, you spelled it wrong), but I believe Jillian was thinking of the Mexican army as an invading force, and not as something to be solved by police action.

Even so, I disagree with Jillian. IMO, it isn't the duty of our military to enforce border control along the Mexican border.

I know I spelled it wrong, but I was momentarily lazy....I'm sure you understand.

As I say above, I think a military force would have difficulty with the millions of civilians coming across as well and muddling the picture. Therefore, you and I agree :eek: You should review my proposal far above for providing a better solution to the problem.

I know I spelled it wrong, but I was momentarily lazy....I'm sure you understand.

As I say above, I think a military force would have difficulty with the millions of civilians coming across as well and muddling the picture. Therefore, you and I agree :eek: You should review my proposal far above for providing a better solution to the problem.
Arm the border patrol to catch drug runners? How about we make drugs legal instead? Once you stop the runners from crossing the Mexican border they'll just find somewhere else to cross.

We should be protecting our borders from incursions of either civilian or military.

Why don't we?

perhaps we should ask both the Republican leadership AND the Democratic leadership.

They seem to think it's a bad idea.

Lord only knows why.

Forum List

Back