Mexican Millitary Comes onto US Soil

It doesn't matter if the unit knew they had crossed the boarder. If an American Army unit went across the border it would make the papers and news all around the world and the US would be criticized relentlessly.

yup. these days, the u.s gets critized relentlessly no matter what...

it's so ~chic~ to hate america!

Using the US military to guard our National border from incursions by foreign militaries is NOT turning it against "its" people. It is using it to defend the US; which, is its primary mission.

Face them inboard, THEN you are in violation of Posse-Comatatis.

YES!

But given that we have looong been using the military IN the USA for spotting hemp fields, that trusty old warhorse, Posse-Comatatis has already left the gates.

In fact, I think those of you interested in studying the gradual erosion of American's civil liberties and presumption of privacy under the law, might find, upon closer study, that most of the erosion of our right to privacy under the law, was first applied to that scapegoat class (drug users and dealers) to muffle the alarums that might otherwise frighten the general population.

For example, I am informed (but cannot attest to it because I don't have the time or inclination to spend years studying it) that most of the Patriot Act which involves spying on civilians in the USA, is not new intrusions of the right to privacy, but had already been approved , willy-nilly, one bad law at a time, so that we can end the scourge of drugs.

We owed to the children, after all, to dismantle those annoying aspects of civil liberties that kept us safe from unwarranted and intrusive spying on us, anyway, I expect.

So how convenient for our legislatures back when they decided that terrorism were everywhere in America, they didn't have to go back over our laws to eradicate that silly notion of the right to privacy.

That had already been taken care of, years ago, much thanks to our never ending war on drugs.

Last edited:
Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History

The act was a response to and a preemptive strike against the repetition of the then immediate past experience of the Confederate States to their military occupation by US Army troops during the ten-year period of post-Civil War Reconstruction, 1867–1877. Federal troops were withdrawn after the 1876 Presidential and Congressional elections as part of the informal Compromise of 1877 between the parties.

To this day, the US Constitution places primary responsibility for the holding, the conduct, and the promulgation of the rules for elections to federal office to the several States of the Union. The authority of a State's deputized peace officers to maintain the peace, for the orderly conduct of elections, and the prevention of unlawful activity to prevent the exercise of the voting franchise, is a State responsibility; in view of the states' primary job to exercise the police power, the power to maintain law and order.

It was widely recognized that in the former Confederate States during the local, state and federal elections of 1874 and 1876, the state governments and their county and local municipalities had deliberately elected not to exercise their police powers to maintain law and order during the holding of elections in those years. As a result, many acts of violence and the deliberate suppression of the vote of some political and racial groups resulted in the election of state legislators and US Congressmen who would have not been elected otherwise.

When those U.S. Representatives—and the senators selected by the newly-formed legislatures of the former Confederate States—reached Washington, they set as their first priority the creation of a Statute that would prohibit a future President or Congress from directing by military order or federal legislation the re-imposition of federal troops who would again exercise such police powers as were necessary to maintain law and order during elections.

Jeesh, some people on this thread act like Mexico is a hostile country. They're our neighbors people, and they are friendly neighbors.

Yes they are our neighbors and freindly but the point is a country is suppose to be responsible for their military. Im not screaming that we should invade Mexico or anything like that but I do think they should take some kind of responsibility. I was also just pointing out that if an American military unit wondered into Mexico we would hear about this everywhere and only God knows what the headlines would read.

New Topics

Forum List

Back