U.S. defies world court with execution

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Mexican national Jose Ernesto Medellin, whose death penalty conviction in the rape and murder of two teen girls sparked international controversy, was put to death in Texas on Tuesday night, prison officials said.

At issue is an international court's ruling that Medellin and about 50 other Mexicans have been illegally denied access to their home country's consul. Allowing travelers such access when they are arrested abroad is common practice.
Mexican executed after appeal denied in Texas - CNN.com

This guy wasn't a "traveler" he was a criminal illegal alien who was living here not just "visiting" and if he was I am sure he can provide all the necessary paperwork to show as such.

Let's not forget that this asshole brutally raped and murdered two girls ages 14 and 16. think about them before you feel sorry for this scum bag.

Way I've heard it, this guy didn't ask for the Mexican consulate, neither did his lawyer or family. ..not until he was sentenced.

Heard also he's been living here most of his young thuglife, too.

Have I been misinformed?

Hadn't heard that - but I think the point of contention was that the Mexican consulate was supposed to be notified whether he asked or not? I may be misinformed.

I have issues with the DP but Mr. Medellin was as deserving as anyone.

To his credit, he died with some semblance of honor:

"I'm sorry my actions caused you pain. I hope this brings you the closure that you seek. Never harbor hate."

Texas executes Mexican killer amid international protests - Los Angeles Times

Hadn't heard that - but I think the point of contention was that the Mexican consulate was supposed to be notified whether he asked or not? I may be misinformed.

I have issues with the DP but Mr. Medellin was as deserving as anyone.

To his credit, he died with some semblance of honor:

"I'm sorry my actions caused you pain. I hope this brings you the closure that you seek. Never harbor hate."

Texas executes Mexican killer amid international protests - Los Angeles Times

Honor???

A raping murdering scum bag has no honor and never will. The lowest most vile depths of the sevnth circle of hell are all this rapist murderer deserves.

Honor???

A raping murdering scum bag has no honor and never will. The lowest most vile depths of the sevnth circle of hell are all this rapist murderer deserves.

This isn't WWE, pal, and I did not say he had honor. Anyone who's heard the details of the rapes and murders knows what a piece of shit this guy was.

After reading about this fat, whiney fuck:

Death row inmate: I'm too fat to execute - CNN.com

and remembering Tookie's pathetic last words, I found it refreshing that Mr. Medellin took resonsibility for his actions. I hope the girls' families get closure from his execution.

Ohhhh.... the WORLD COURT... .oooooohhhhhhh

:rolleyes:

Kind of like when the UN thinks it has the power to tell us what to do in our sovereign nation... and the libbies go right in lockstep... wanting this kumbaya hand-holding, John Lenon's "Imagine" themed, little utopia that can never happen...

Good for Texas... eliminate the scum... a sane society eliminates it's maniacal murderers

Well, except, I would like my country to care if I got a fair trial in another country.

He DID get a fair trial. It was a ploy after the fact to try and avoid the sentence. But the World Court can not ensure you get a fair trial anywhere to begin with. That you think it can is part of the problem.

So he was here from the time the was very young, with not much association (if any) with Mexico during that time, from that I've read.

He's convicted of murder and sentenced to death, and suddenly he 'finds religion' in the form of his lost country and culture?

Fine. Execute him in a mariachi suit. Next case.

interesting how ole shrub wants to support the world court on this crap.

This actually should read Texas defies World Court. The US attorney General DID request a stay. And it would look s-o-o-o much cooler.:cool:

Screw the World Court.

It would look so much cooler :).

Eff child murderers and rapists. Thank you Texas for carrying out the correct punishment for two brutal murders and rapes. Eff the world court for intervening in our affairs.

This guy participated in the gang rapping and ruthless murder of 2 young teen aged girls. He has had several appeals and lost them all. He actually lived in prison awaiting appeals longer than one of his victims was allowed to live. Screw the world court, he is getting what he deserves. Gob Bless Texas!!!

Way I've heard it, this guy didn't ask for the Mexican consulate, neither did his lawyer or family. ..not until he was sentenced.

IMO people who enter this country illegally and live here for years illegally have no right to seek the consulate counsel of the nation they came from anyways. If he wanted that right, maybe he should have entered the country legally.

Forum List

Back