Mexican flag flies at U.S. Post Office near Los Angeles

I know you meant this for Kathiann, but I'm going to jump in.

I am against making children, born from illegal immigrants in the US, American citizens.

Their parents have commited a crime and should not be rewarded for it.

I've read past posts of your where you're always saying latinos are here to work. But, they're also responsible for 60 hospitals in CA to close down due to non-payment of bills. Mexico makes more from US illegals sending money home than tourism.

You can say what you want about lazy white and black Americans, but they are here legally. Mexicans and other South Americans need to come here LEGALLY......LEGALLY......then there wouldn't be a problem since they will then be paying taxes and have insurance from their workplace.

Our gov. needs to first go after the people employing the illegals. Then the poor will not be taken advantage of, and will actually be given a LIVING WAGE. YOU and pro-illegal immigration people are wrong when you say Americans will not do the work!! NO, we won't do the work for $3 a day, and people shouldn't be expected to..no matter where they come from.

Build the wall and grant citizenship to illegals already here, its either that or the status quo, make your choice.

Do you feel the same for Americans born abroad?

Children born of one parent that is American, have always been considered American. The reconstruction amendment was an attempt, make that failed attempt, to protect the recently freed slaves , make that recently freed male slaves, from being barred from voting due to 'father's vote rule.' Then they went ahead and threw in the 15th, neither worked until the 1960's.

Children born of one parent that is American, have always been considered American. The reconstruction amendment was an attempt, make that failed attempt, to protect the recently freed slaves , make that recently freed male slaves, from being barred from voting due to 'father's vote rule.' Then they went ahead and threw in the 15th, neither worked until the 1960's.

No you are missing the point, if an American is born abroad do you support the country that child is born in denying said child any benefit of having been born in said country including citizenship?

Don't evade this question again please.

No you are missing the point, if an American is born abroad do you support the country that child is born in denying said child any benefit of having been born in said country including citizenship?

Don't evade this question again please.

Truly, I fail to see your point. Are you saying that an American born abroad, should be entitled to the benefits of the country they are born in? No, not for anything that another 'foreigner' would not be entitled to. I don't know of any country but here, that says if you are born to parents in that country illegally, the child becomes a 'legal' citizen.

Truly, I fail to see your point. Are you saying that an American born abroad, should be entitled to the benefits of the country they are born in? No, not for anything that another 'foreigner' would not be entitled to. I don't know of any country but here, that says if you are born to parents in that country illegally, the child becomes a 'legal' citizen.

I don't know about other countries but in Greece if you are born on Greek soil whether to Greek parents or not, illegal or not you are automatically granted citizenship.

Its how it works and I assume it applies across the board internationally, otherwise i'm guessing we will have all sorts of "international incidents" taking place.

No matter how you feel about illegal adults I am not willing to live in a country that treats children cruelly.

Build the wall and grant citizenship to illegals already here, its either that or the status quo, make your choice.

NO, build the wall, fine companies who hire illegals, and start deportations.

Obviously, because of the law, the ones with children would stay. But a good percentage could be deported.

NO, build the wall, fine companies who hire illegals, and start deportations.

Obviously, because of the law, the ones with children would stay. But a good percentage could be deported.

Don't hold your breath for those deportations and fines, they will never.........ever..........happen.

Logistically and financially impossible, devastating to U.S. economy.

I don't know about other countries but in Greece if you are born on Greek soil whether to Greek parents or not, illegal or not you are automatically granted citizenship.

Its how it works and I assume it applies across the board internationally, otherwise i'm guessing we will have all sorts of "international incidents" taking place.

No matter how you feel about illegal adults I am not willing to live in a country that treats children cruelly.

That's not what I am finding:

http://www.helleniccomserve.com/greek_citizenship1.html

http://athens.usembassy.gov/consular/ac_citizenship.htm

It's certainly not true in France, where families can live for centuries and not obtain French citizenship.

There is a difference in providing health care/hospitalization for children and providing citizenship.

That's not what I am finding:

http://www.helleniccomserve.com/greek_citizenship1.html

http://athens.usembassy.gov/consular/ac_citizenship.htm

It's certainly not true in France, where families can live for centuries and not obtain French citizenship.

There is a difference in providing health care/hospitalization for children and providing citizenship.

I'm telling you right now that if you give birth on Greek soil but aren't Greek citizens yourselves such as if you were U.S. military stationed there and you apply for citizenship for your child the child will be granted citizenship no questions asked. I personally know Americans who have done this there.

You can find all the official definitions of citizenship there but in the end give birth and child is a citizen.

At least in France they let you stay since you've been there so long. Latinos have been in North America before the White man.

I'm telling you right now that if you give birth on Greek soil but aren't Greek citizens yourselves such as if you were U.S. military stationed there and you apply for citizenship for your child the child will be granted citizenship no questions asked. I personally know Americans who have done this there.

You can find all the official definitions of citizenship there but in the end give birth and child is a citizen.

At least in France they let you stay since you've been there so long. Latinos have been in North America before the White man.

Ok, the Greek lawyer and the State Department have it wrong. As for the Latinos that have been in N. America, such as Mexico, they are either Mexicans or Americans. Crying racism isn't going to work. There are rules to citizenship wherever you live; Greece, Mexico, and the US, only the US hasn't been enforcing theirs, to their detriment. Benign neglect did not work for the Crown in the 18th C., not going to work here either.

Ok, the Greek lawyer and the State Department have it wrong. As for the Latinos that have been in N. America, such as Mexico, they are either Mexicans or Americans. Crying racism isn't going to work. There are rules to citizenship wherever you live; Greece, Mexico, and the US, only the US hasn't been enforcing theirs, to their detriment. Benign neglect did not work for the Crown in the 18th C., not going to work here either.

No, not saying they have it wrong, saying its different in practice then what is the official line.

As for the Latinos, *sigh*, the American government for much of the 20th century watched with a wink and a nod as people came across that border because they knew they were good for the economy, now because of 9/11 or probably more because the right is looking for a badly needed victory on any subject they can find are now looking at the border. They scream "9/11, terrorism" lol as if it means something. Let me know the next time a Latino kills 3,000 in a day. Its all about scapegoating and the ones whom we let in here do not deserve to be scapegoated for political reasons.

As i've said all along, build the wall, beef up border security and grant citizenship to all non-felon illegals already in country, that will solve all the issues of taxes, services etc. etc. etc.

You know, you are a bright woman, that its either this or the status quo, there is no other way.

No, not saying they have it wrong, saying its different in practice then what is the official line.

As for the Latinos, *sigh*, the American government for much of the 20th century watched with a wink and a nod as people came across that border because they knew they were good for the economy, now because of 9/11 or probably more because the right is looking for a badly needed victory on any subject they can find are now looking at the border. They scream "9/11, terrorism" lol as if it means something. Let me know the next time a Latino kills 3,000 in a day. Its all about scapegoating and the ones whom we let in here do not deserve to be scapegoated for political reasons.

As i've said all along, build the wall, beef up border security and grant citizenship to all non-felon illegals already in country, that will solve all the issues of taxes, services etc. etc. etc.

You know, you are a bright woman, that its either this or the status quo, there is no other way.

We'll see if, "there is no other way", 'round about presidential election time.

The VAST majority of Americans WANT deportations, AND the wall. If you think presidential candidates aren't going to listen to the polls that reflect those facts, then you're kidding yourself man. For a candidate to say, "I'll grant all illegal aliens already here AMNESTY", will be instant suicide.

This subject will heat up again, and the person that most closely reflects the will of the people, will be the one that gets elected.

We'll see if, "there is no other way", 'round about presidential election time.

The VAST majority of Americans WANT deportations, AND the wall. If you think presidential candidates aren't going to listen to the polls that reflect those facts, then you're kidding yourself man. For a candidate to say, "I'll grant all illegal aliens already here AMNESTY", will be instant suicide.

This subject will heat up again, and the person that most closely reflects the will of the people, will be the one that gets elected.

Pale first off there isn't any of the frontrunners for '08 who have that position and second of all if you could get 1,000 candidates who want deportation right now, its not possible, it will break this country economically. First how you gonna round up 12,000,000 people when we couldn't even surveil 24 terrorists prior to 9/11? Where are the funds going to come from? I certainly am not willing to have my taxes raised just to satisfy some racists in the U.S.A.

I would like to see the sun rise in the west 1 day, its the same thing, not possible.

Pale first off there isn't any of the frontrunners for '08 who have that position and second of all if you could get 1,000 candidates who want deportation right now, its not possible, it will break this country economically. First how you gonna round up 12,000,000 people when we couldn't even surveil 24 terrorists prior to 9/11? Where are the funds going to come from? I certainly am not willing to have my taxes raised just to satisfy some racists in the U.S.A.

I would like to see the sun rise in the west 1 day, its the same thing, not possible.

I don't think disagreeing with you or American immigration enforcement makes one a racist. Other things do, but not those two.

I don't think disagreeing with you or American immigration enforcement makes one a racist. Other things do, but not those two.

Lets see, from "immigration enforcement" proponents on this board i've seen the term "****", "wetback" and others used for description, I think my characterization fits, maybe not for all but a majority.

Lets see, from "immigration enforcement" proponents on this board i've seen the term "****", "wetback" and others used for description, I think my characterization fits, maybe not for all but a majority.

I hope not, but certainly not me. I've also seen lots of things about 'blacks not working', not to mention other generalizations.

I hope not, but certainly not me. I've also seen lots of things about 'blacks not working', not to mention other generalizations.

A generalization is just that--It's not meant to imply every single individual in a group is like the rest. For instance I could say that I am more comfortable walking through a white neighborhood at night than I am a black neighborhood. It seems to me as "generalizations" regarding Muslims are quite acceptable on this board.

A generalization is just that--It's not meant to imply every single individual in a group is like the rest. For instance I could say that I am more comfortable walking through a white neighborhood at night than I am a black neighborhood. It seems to me as "generalizations" regarding Muslims are quite acceptable on this board.

Quite. At the same time, to say all Muslims are not terrorists, but nearly all recent terrorists have been Muslims, is more of a true statement; than 'you mean you've seen a black person working?'

Just wait, there will be. I guarantee it.

You won't have to "round them all up". Just take them into custody when they are encountered and deport them. Like when they're on these massive marches. There's an opportunity. Sheriff Joe Arpaio down in Phoenix wants to do just that, and in doing so, he'd simply be enforcing the law!

And money? The money this country would save by the illegals no longer being here sucking the system dry would more than fund any effort to get rid of them.

It can be done. The belief that it can't isn't an American attitude. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Remember that?

Forum List

Back