METAL

Not much on the older metal type but rock on guys. I'll still bang with ya! :rock:

I figured you'd need a lyric book to know what the hell they are screaming...

Some you do
Probably half of my favorite metal songs I have no idea the lyrics too. Sometimes its just the band and if his scream sounds like a dying animal or not lol

I went through the last 40 years not understanding some words or lyrics in some songs..

I've had songs that I thought had certain lyrics for decades, which I eventually found out said something different. I always feel like an idiot when that happens. :lol:

I have been a vocalist and character actor for years, but I could never do the screaming in those songs, just to rough...

Been a metal fan since the NWoBHM days, when groups like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden & Motorhead opened my eyes, (and ears), to the genre.
During this time, there were a lot of German metal acts out there, though in many cases, derisively referred to as "Krautrock", there were some real gems in the mix.
This lot was one of my favorites, not because they were great musicians or had thought provoking deep lyrics, or held open the gates to H*ll, but because it gave me an excuse to ogle the hottest metal goddess of the era: the one & only Doro Pesch.
This is Warlock's biggest hit, it checks all the boxes, the metal anthem All We Are:

Been a metal fan since the NWoBHM days, when groups like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden & Motorhead opened my eyes, (and ears), to the genre.
During this time, there were a lot of German metal acts out there, though in many cases, derisively referred to as "Krautrock", there were some real gems in the mix.
This lot was one of my favorites, not because they were great musicians or had thought provoking deep lyrics, or held open the gates to H*ll, but because it gave me an excuse to ogle the hottest metal goddess of the era: the one & only Doro Pesch.
This is Warlock's biggest hit, it checks all the boxes, the metal anthem All We Are:

Not sure if you'll like this song but here's another good looking heavy metal woman for you:

Not sure if you'll like this song but here's another good looking heavy metal woman for you:

I quite like this, thanks for putting me onto them, Trash. They seem to have the slow burn, grind it out metal genre down, though I would like to see them thrash it just once. I ran through several other numbers of theirs, When the Raven Calls was probably my favorite.
Honestly, they seem to be a modern version of classic '70's German Prog-Rock, they remind me a lot of Amon Düül II but slightly heavier. Have a listen to this and see if you agree:

I quite like this, thanks for putting me onto them, Trash. They seem to have the slow burn, grind it out metal genre down, though I would like to see them thrash it just once. I ran through several other numbers of theirs, When the Raven Calls was probably my favorite.
Honestly, they seem to be a modern version of classic '70's German Prog-Rock, they remind me a lot of Amon Düül II but slightly heavier. Have a listen to this and see if you agree:

Nice! Sounds very much like Jex Thoth took inspirational from these guys. Since you mentioned progressive and thrash, I immediately was reminded of Vektor:

Nice! Sounds very much like Jex Thoth took inspirational from these guys. Since you mentioned progressive and thrash, I immediately was reminded of Vektor:

:rock::rock::rock::rock: there it is! who says that you cannot use prog & thrash in the same sentence?

I don't know if you are a fan of older Metallica and/or Meshuggah, but I just found this guy who did a version of Blackened with a Meshuggah sound, and I love it for some reason. It's definitely got a Meshuggah sound, but is clearly Blackened. The same guy did a Meshuggah version of Disposable Heroes, but I didn't like that so much, because it deviates too far from the original; it's hard to hear Disposable Heroes in it.

Forum List

Back