Messianic Jews

...and the only coming.

But Christians and messianic Jews view things differently, what we know for sure is that the messiah is a descendant of David (tzemach - branch of David), but at the same time we know that the messiah had to suffer and die for our transgressions. In a mind of a Talmudic rabbi you just can't connect 1000nds of years of messiah's kingdom with his suffering, so there were 2 major Talmudic interpretations (two messianic concepts), the messiah bed David(son of David) and another messiah son of Joseph (I hope everyone remembers the story of Joseph in Genesis), some thought that ben Yoseph will die before the coming of ben David etc, they just couldn't imagine that there are going to be 2 comings of the same Mashiach who is a physical descendant of David and a son of Joseph ben Jacob metaphorically.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0137.htm

Ahhhh --Messianic Jews don't follow Jesus because the see him as the messiah ?

Ahhhh --Messianic Jews don't follow Jesus because the see him as the messiah ?

No. Messianic Jews and Christians follow Jesus exactly because we see him as the messiah, who is going to come back and fulfill each and every remaining prophecy, but followers of Talmudic Judaism are stuck in their rabbinic concepts and interpretations, of course there are other aspects, such as anti-Semitism in the church, catholic inquisition, pogroms, holocaust etc.

No. Messianic Jews and Christians follow Jesus exactly because we see him as the messiah, who is going to come back and fulfill each and every remaining prophecy, but followers of Talmudic Judaism are stuck in their rabbinic concepts and interpretations, of course there are other aspects, such as anti-Semitism in the church, catholic inquisition, pogroms, holocaust etc.

Then why do you say
Originally Posted by disciple
...and the only coming.

to dilloduck

Sorry, I forgot to say that modern (post-Rashi) talmudic judaism no longer accepts the ben Yoseph concept as a part of it's mainstream theology, I don't think that today you will find that many rabbis who speak about it. I wanted to say that talmudic judaism believes only in one coming of one messiah, the messiah who is not going to die for anyone.

Forum List

Back