how could you be a Christian and be against the Israeli state?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Jennifer.Bush, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Jennifer.Bush

Jennifer.Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It’s a fact that in the Holy Bible that God promised the Israelites their own land, god made that pact with Abram (I believe), and then God tells Moses and company to fight for the land that is of the Hittites, Canaanites, Perizzites, and etc. In fact in Deuteronomy 20:16 God says “do not leave anything alive that breathes”
    But before that verse God says in Deuteronomy 20:14 that the Israelites may take “women, the children, livestock, and everything else in the city…. as your plunder…..”

So my question is how could you be a Christian and get mad at what the Israeli state is doing when you’re not even mad at your own god for basically saying “hey you know what kill everyone, even kids”

Finally there are many passages in Joshua that tells of the killing of women and children.
    So lets speak on it
    :razz:

2. liberalogic

liberalogic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Because it is the inherent nature of politically active Christians to pick and choose what they want from the Bible.

3. disciple

disciple Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, if you'd like to hear a theological explanation to this, I'd say such Christians a) identify themselves as the "new [and the only] Israel" b) they don't see a link between the secular state and promises given by G-d to "religious Israelites".

I strongly disagree with this approach. I think every Christian should support Israel, G-d never forgets his promises, he gave a promise that this land will belong to Jews, everyone who denies the right of Jews to have their state, denies the fact that G-d keeps his promises, and such person goes against the will of G-d.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    the same way jews disagree with the Israeli state...

They just are. There doesnt have to be a good reason.

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Bingo, I'll agree wholeheartedly on that. Look at all the liberals who claim they are Christians. How odd eh? When you really look into the Bible and see how many wars took place and how many people were killed at times and almost at once how can you not believe and stand up for the cause? Faith is a powerful tool when used correctly. And another note but in Hosea it clearly speaks about how Israel whored it's self out kind of sounds like our country now.:eusa_think:

6. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    There is no correlation between Liberals and logic, or honor.

7. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I don't understand this. How do you mean? My Christian beliefs hasn't got anything to do with what I think about Israels doings regarding anything. Can you rephrase?

8. Jennifer.Bush

Jennifer.Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    what i'm saying is the same god, that Christians follow is the same god that told Moses and Jousha to fight, and when they fought they killed women and children b/c god told them, so if you support that god then how could a christian be against what the jews are doing when back yrs ago god told them to do the same stuff

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Well if faith doesn't do it I guess that burning bush that Moses saw might.....it is a religion of convenience nothing more and it has been for thousand of years. Why should anything be different? If I didn't have faith I wouldn't see or understand this topic and I'd make negative quotes over how wrong war is and that god doesn't exist and how could he allow such things to happen?

10. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Do you know why God told the Jews to exterminate those particular tribes?