Men...We're a dying breed.

Moi said:
I am not bashing EVERY show where a hot woman is shown nor am I stating that women aren't or shouldn't be attracted to men. There are numerous shows or examples wherein the women are not portrayed poorly. There just happen to be more wherein they are.

Simply said, men get made fun of because it's easy and rewarding to make fun of them. Until such time as it's not, it will continue.

:cuckoo: :bang3: :gross2: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-=d=- said:
This is the reply I made in a joke-thread Sandy posted...didn't mean to drop a load of junk in her thread...so here goes:

I'm starting to become annoyed at all these "jokes" bashing Men, and soldiers/airmen/Marines/sailors, etc...It's not just jokes online, thru email etc., it's everywhere in the media. In dozens of sitcoms, Men are portrayed as bumbling, incapable or otherwise worthless creatures. In movies, especailly 'kid movies' parents are often walking around as if their elevator doesn't go all the way to the top; while their kids are out solving crimes; inventing a better mousetrap. That's FINE for Inspector Gadget - Penny is hot. But when will it end? As millions of American women and children and guys tune in, they are force-fed images showing what a MESS a husband will make of the house, if it wasn't for the intervention of the woman. They are shown women who "Let" their husbands 'get some' now and then, as a reward for good behaviour. The American public feeds off this crap? why? Ha-Ha! Yeah..it's funny...Men don't ask for directions. Big laugh. Do you know why I don't? First, because I prepare. I bring (gasp) a Map. Secondly? One Valid reason, nowadays..

How can we expect our boys to grow into Men when we constantly tell them they aren't needed? Men in America have become passive, passionless, and feminized. We tell them "Nope - Having a father in a kid's life isn't neccessary - the Mom can do it all!" <-- :bs: We show our kids examples of the WORST of male behaviour and scold them for the 'best' attributes of being a man. What are some of those? It's 'GOOD' that Men and boys have a desire to play with guns. It's good Men and Boys are generally adventuresome. If it weren't for those attributes we'd likely be still in England, having never found our way to North America.

The only 'Men' (term used loosely) which are written to be worth a shit are Gay. Praise the Gay Male! Why? Because it's impossible for a gay male to be a "Man" in the truest sense of the word. That could be the result of that guy not having a true Man-influence in his life? I dunno. The day a sitcom stars a lead character who is Republican, Christian, and Competent will make my day.

I urge Mothers and Men to read "Wild at Heart"...it's changed me in a couple ways..

and

More:

http://www.cbmw.org/resources/reviews/eldredge_wah_review.php

d- I think you are right. I think fathers are as important as mothers. Actually,I think the white male is probably the most picked on person In the U.S. I know there are a lot of good men out there. Think of it this way though-what about all the jokes we have to put up with about hormones,pms etc? Don't worry,I think there are a lot of women out there that truly appreciate a good man. I appreciate and recognize the hard work my hubby does for our family,even though I don't always get a thank you myself. And by the way-I definitely do not praise the gay male!!!heehee

Forum List

Back