meltdown

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
I had another meltdown yesterday. I won't bore you with the whiny details but I will tell you that my son heard me crying and came into my bedroom. He called me "mommy". It's the first time in years he's called me mommy. He knows things, he just can't communicate them and I don't think he understood why I was crying but he sure tried to make me feel better.

Imagine being so thrilled that your 22 year old said "mommy". That's my life.

hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugshugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs

:)

I don't know what to say to you Shelia. But the "mommy" thing is pretty darn cool! I bet that made you smile!

Autism is such an unknown thing in so many ways,,,,who knows what your son is thinking, but he does know you are his mommy, and that you take good care of him and love him!

hug.jpg

Ah Sheila, great big hugs and prayers to you. I know how hard life is for you . . . I so wish you could find solutions. Your son loves you and he let you know by calling you mommy. That's tremendous. :)

{{{{Againshiela}}}}

Meltdowns are useful. I schedule mine, wait for them, and find the sound of breaking glass is soothing.

The "mommy" thing was wonderful. Obviously your son feels very loved.

thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. Now I can't get me son to say "mommy" for the life of me....guess he just saves it for when I really need it. :D

I had another meltdown yesterday. I won't bore you with the whiny details but I will tell you that my son heard me crying and came into my bedroom. He called me "mommy". It's the first time in years he's called me mommy. He knows things, he just can't communicate them and I don't think he understood why I was crying but he sure tried to make me feel better.

Imagine being so thrilled that your 22 year old said "mommy". That's my life.

Beats being so numb with grief and anger that you no longer feel anything, I suppose.

No wait! I don't just suppose that, I know it for a fact.

Hang in there, Again.

This too shall pass.

Forum List

Back