Billionaire Koch Brothers: Tea Party Puppetmasters

*snert*...A libertarian conspiracy....*chortle*

TinFoilHatPootie.jpg

read the article lest you look like a pair of drooling fools.
I read the article...It's chock full of all the usual leftist boogermen, ad hominems and cliches usually reserved for republicans.

Between the freaked out reaction by the neocons/Hannitoids to Ron Paul from the right and breathless paranoia like that piece from the left, I'm becoming more and more confident that the libertarian message and mindset is starting to gain some traction.

Thanks for sharing.

Pappy Koch was involved in the founding of the John Birch Society.
That organization was so right wingnut they claimed Eisenhower was a Communist.

So just because they contribute to conservative causes they are the puppet masters of the tea party? The tea party is not made up of just Conservatives. The tea party is more of a grass roots movement then acorn is or any democratic or liberal pushed movement.

Jane Mayer the author of this story is not an investigative reporter she is a liberal attack dog that only goes after anything that isn't liberal.

Jane Mayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You should prove her wrong.

And yet.... it is absolutely fine for Soros to be the puppetmaster behind the POTUS.

Personally, I find that far more important - and far less likely to be acknowledged by the lefties.

It's not a good compairson. What personal business agenda does soros advance by giving money to dem candidates?

don't you even want to know who's pulling the tea party strings?

Of course they don't.

And yet.... it is absolutely fine for Soros to be the puppetmaster behind the POTUS.

Personally, I find that far more important - and far less likely to be acknowledged by the lefties.

It's not a good compairson. What personal business agenda does soros advance by giving money to dem candidates??

It's "not a good comparison?" Because?:

1. Soros has NO personal agenda?

2. Only Soros is allowed to have a personal agenda?

3. The New Yorker Magazine hasn't written an article speculating Soro's personal agenda?

4. Obama hasn't expressed any public outrage regarding Soro's personal agenda?

No, seriously, am I the only one getting $24.95/per post deposits to my PayPal account from "Koch4TeaParty"?

So just because they contribute to conservative causes they are the puppet masters of the tea party? The tea party is not made up of just Conservatives. The tea party is more of a grass roots movement then acorn is or any democratic or liberal pushed movement.

They didn't "just contribute", they are the authors of this movement.

But hey! ~ let's not let reality get in the way of your cherished beliefs, shall we?

Fake think tanks, fake populist movments, fake citizens organizations are tools the powerful create to galvanize the public.

Both powerbases create and use this fake movements.

I ought to know, I sat on the board of one of them.

But hey! ~ let's not let reality get in the way of your cherished beliefs, shall we?

Fake think tanks, fake populist movments, fake citizens organizations are tools the powerful create to galvanize the public.

"Authors of this movement?"

You mean, like Adams, Hamilton, and Jefferson?

Or like Marx, and Lenin?

I'm not surprised that any political movement has "tools that the powerful create to galvanise the public." It's been going on before Nero paid for public spectacles in the colloseum.

But I am surprised that the New Yorker, through quoting Obama, would have such a naive readership that they could be astonished, and outraged to discover thay THEY didn't have a monopoly on creating "REAL" movements......and all other movements must therefore be "fake."

Last edited:
In 1958, Fred Koch became one of the original members of the John Birch Society, the arch-conservative group known, in part, for a highly skeptical view of governance and for spreading fears of a Communist takeover. Members considered President Dwight D. Eisenhower to be a Communist agent. In a self-published broadside, Koch claimed that “the Communists have infiltrated both the Democrat and Republican Parties.” He wrote admiringly of Benito Mussolini’s suppression of Communists in Italy, and disparagingly of the American civil-rights movement. “The colored man looms large in the Communist plan to take over America,” he warned.

The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker

In 1958, Fred Koch became one of the original members of the John Birch Society, the arch-conservative group known, in part, for a highly skeptical view of governance and for spreading fears of a Communist takeover. Members considered President Dwight D. Eisenhower to be a Communist agent. In a self-published broadside, Koch claimed that “the Communists have infiltrated both the Democrat and Republican Parties.” He wrote admiringly of Benito Mussolini’s suppression of Communists in Italy, and disparagingly of the American civil-rights movement. “The colored man looms large in the Communist plan to take over America,” he warned.

'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years" -- Dem Civil Rights Hero LBJ

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity..." Dem Civil Rights Hero LBJ

Also, feel free to check in on the McCarthy thread to how much Joe understated the Communist infiltration of the US government

Last edited:

Corporate greed destroyed the economy, spilled 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf, and funds most of the evil in America including the "Tea Party."

Fortunately there are a handful of people who shine a light on this dirty little corner of America.

Go to The Center for Public Integrity

Corporate greed destroyed the economy, spilled 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf, and funds most of the evil in America including the "Tea Party."

Fortunately there are a handful of people who shine a light on this dirty little corner of America.

Go to The Center for Public Integrity

You sad little naive fellow

The Center for Public Integrity "remains independent by:"

building a strong and sustainable financial base of support, including a community of committed individuals and foundations

The executive director, Bill Buzenberg was

Vice President of News for National Public Radio, as well as an NPR foreign affairs correspondent and London bureau chief from 1978-1997. He was responsible for launching Talk of the Nation, as well as the expansion of All Things Considered and the extension of NPR’s newscasts services to 24 hours a day.

Are you saying Buzenberg doesn't have an agenda?:lol:

Many Conservatives at that time admired Mussolini, and Hitler as well.

Last edited:

Many Conservatives at that time admired Mussolini, and Hitler as well.

"MANY?"

How many?

Apparently, not that "many."

zenith of the Bund's history occurred on President's Day, February 20, 1939 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Some 20,000 people attended and heard Kuhn criticize President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

The US population in 1939 was about 132 million

Forum List

Back