Karen Hughes doesn't remember work with Iman

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
As you may have heard, former Bush senior adviser Karen Hughes came out against Cordoba House over the weekend. Hughes called on Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf to move the project in order to "provide a path toward the peaceful relationships that he and his fellow Muslims strive to achieve."

What was mystifying about her opposition, as TPM noted, was that she did not mention that Rauf had a long-term relationship with the Bush administration. Nor did she mention that as the Bush State Department's chief of outreach to Muslims she participated with him in multiple bridge-building efforts to the Muslim world.

Here's her explanation: Hughes claimed in a statement to me that she doesn't remember any of the work she did with him.

As TPM points out, Rauf repeatedly participated in events with Hughes, who saw improving relations with the Muslim world as an imperative. Rauf even claims he met with her. So I'll leave it to you to judge how likely it is that Hughes wouldn't remember any of their work together.

The Plum Line - Karen Hughes: I don't remember any of my work with Imam

As you may have heard, former Bush senior adviser Karen Hughes came out against Cordoba House over the weekend. Hughes called on Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf to move the project in order to "provide a path toward the peaceful relationships that he and his fellow Muslims strive to achieve."

What was mystifying about her opposition, as TPM noted, was that she did not mention that Rauf had a long-term relationship with the Bush administration. Nor did she mention that as the Bush State Department's chief of outreach to Muslims she participated with him in multiple bridge-building efforts to the Muslim world.

Here's her explanation: Hughes claimed in a statement to me that she doesn't remember any of the work she did with him.

As TPM points out, Rauf repeatedly participated in events with Hughes, who saw improving relations with the Muslim world as an imperative. Rauf even claims he met with her. So I'll leave it to you to judge how likely it is that Hughes wouldn't remember any of their work together.

This faux outrage and character assassination of this Rauf guy is getting weirder and weirder.

Prove that she had ever met Rauf.

Maybe she has early onset Alzheimers

Karen Hughes Opposes Cordoba House, Neglects To Mention Her Relationship With Its Imam | TPMDC

At the request of Bush's State Department, where Hughes worked on Muslim outreach in the midst of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Rauf attended the 2006 U.S.-Islamic World Forum in Doha, Qatar and in 2007 went to Morocco. Rauf has traveled side-by-side with Hughes, who held the position of Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy. He's currently on a trip abroad doing outreach for President Obama's administration.

As TPM has reported, Hughes set up listening tours that included Rauf.

Karen Hughes Opposes Cordoba House, Neglects To Mention Her Relationship With Its Imam | TPMDC

Waits for it..
"Why you stewpid librul! TPM is hardly a credible source! We only accept Drudge and Brietbart!"

She doesn't say she has ever met him.

At the request of Bush's State Department, where Hughes worked on Muslim outreach in the midst of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Rauf attended the 2006 U.S.-Islamic World Forum in Doha, Qatar and in 2007 went to Morocco. Rauf has traveled side-by-side with Hughes, who held the position of Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy. He's currently on a trip abroad doing outreach for President Obama's administration.

As TPM has reported, Hughes set up listening tours that included Rauf.

Hearsay.

Remember when Cheny said he'd never met Edwards before....till they pulled out the videos....lol

Seems this collective forgetfulness is a Republican trait.

Which Republican forgot what Jeremiah Wright spewed in his church for 20 years ?...... :eusa_whistle:

Making a mountain out of a molehill ?

Who cares if she remembers him or not ?

What possible difference does it make ?

You remember everyone you've ever met ?

well, they all look the same you know...:eusa_whistle:

I meet tons of people I forget. I suppose that if i dont remember meeting someone I am a liar. Go figure.

Quite a few cons got caught on the wrong side of the marching orders because of their past connections to the imam in one way or another, and have done some delightful song and dancing to get back in line.

Forum List

Back