Meet the Astroturfer Planning to Swift Boat Obama

So his "signature accomplishment" (only accomplishment) is giving the nod to the CIA and SEALS to complete the mission that the previous administration had put in place? The president himself acknowledged that the previous Bush administration can take some of the credit.

If all Obama can hang his hat on is an act that he was obligated to take, his election really is in serious trouble.

BTW the disgust towards Obama is not that he took action, but that he boasts about it~

But that was the point. It wasn't an easy decision.

There was a 60% chance Bin Laden wasn't there. The only way to be sure to get him was to send in troops, and that was frought with danger in that it could have brought us into armed conflict with Pakistan (nominally an ally, but has been playing both sides.)

During the Bush years, There was reluctance to go after Al Qaeda in Pakistan because of this very reason.

So, yeah, let's give him kudos for making the call.

I have no problem giving him kudos. My problem, like I stated, is how many kudos he wants to give himself... Mr. "I don't want to spike the football". In addition his assertion that Romney would not have taken similar action is arrogant stupidity and diminishes his character.

So his "signature accomplishment" (only accomplishment) is giving the nod to the CIA and SEALS to complete the mission that the previous administration had put in place? The president himself acknowledged that the previous Bush administration can take some of the credit.

If all Obama can hang his hat on is an act that he was obligated to take, his election really is in serious trouble.

BTW the disgust towards Obama is not that he took action, but that he boasts about it~

There was a 60% chance Bin Laden wasn't there. The only way to be sure to get him was to send in troops, and that was frought with danger in that it could have brought us into armed conflict with Pakistan (nominally an ally, but has been playing both sides.)

During the Bush years, There was reluctance to go after Al Qaeda in Pakistan because of this very reason.

I have no problem giving him kudos. My problem, like I stated, is how many kudos he wants to give himself... Mr. "I don't want to spike the football". In addition his assertion that Romney would not have taken similar action is arrogant stupidity and diminishes his character.

You mean actually bringing up Romney's words? Romney himself said it wasn't worth it to just go after one guy.

Also, Romney is a corporate guy. If his VP and Sec. of Defense advised against something, he probably wouldn't have done it. That's the corporate way.

The OP should be ashamed for posting this just because some military aren't happy with the "spike the football" with Bin Laden

and accusing them of swift boating and astroturfers, is what is Disgusting

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4urFfbxRljY&feature=related]The Capture of Saddam Hussein - A Day that Shook the World [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Well, he's not "spiking the football". He's responding to criticism from the right that he had nothing to do with it.

And Romney himself said it was not worth the money we were spending..and that he wouldn't violate Pakistani sovereignty to get Bin Laden.

Or did you miss that?

you people just can't stay on a topic without bringing up Bush..
we are in the here and NOW and talking about OBAMA

And?

What's your point, here?

That Obama counting the takedown of Bin Laden as an accomplishment is something unique among Presidents?

Is that what you are saying?

this is the title of the thread..
Meet the Astroturfer Planning to Swift Boat Obama.
I know it must be hard to keep up with that..

you people just can't stay on a topic without bringing up Bush..
we are in the here and NOW and talking about OBAMA

And?

What's your point, here?

That Obama counting the takedown of Bin Laden as an accomplishment is something unique among Presidents?

Ah..so it's okay..when other Presidents do it.

But not Obama.

Hmm..why is that?

What's different about Obama..

:eusa_whistle:

And?

What's your point, here?

But not Obama.

Hmm..why is that?

omg..:eusa_whistle:

But not Obama.

Hmm..why is that?

omg..:eusa_whistle:

Well?

It's been illustrated that this sort of behavior has gone on before..and it wasn't in response to critics..it was ACTUALLY SPIKING THE FOOTBALL.

So..what the dealio?

omg...go back to what the Op started this thread about and maybe you'll stop trying to deflect and comment on that. or better yet, don't

Fox News figures are promoting an ad produced by Veterans for a Strong America that deceptively edited statements by President Obama to portray him as taking all the credit for the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. In fact, fuller context of the speeches that the ad excerpts makes clear that Obama did give credit to the troops for the bin Laden raid, a fact that Fox's own Megyn Kelly has noted.

Fox Promotes Deceptive Ad Accusing Obama Of Taking All The Bin Laden Credit | Media Matters for America

Conservative negged me for this post. Negging is all wingnuts have.

LOL, I wear the Negative Reps received from stupid conservatives (actually, they're not conservative, they are too simple to understand the difference between conservatism and the neo-fascism which they support) as a badge of honor.

Opposing the hateful, ignorant and bigoted fringe of the Republican Party is an honorable quest; exposing their lies, the half-truths and rumors they spread will never convince them to examine their beliefs, for most are willfully ignorant and the others too limited in gray matter to understand.

Well?

It's been illustrated that this sort of behavior has gone on before..and it wasn't in response to critics..it was ACTUALLY SPIKING THE FOOTBALL.

So..what the dealio?

omg...go back to what the Op started this thread about and maybe you'll stop trying to deflect and comment on that. or better yet, don't

Comment on what?

Some disgruntled Seals don't like Obama..and the conservative media is in overdrive to highlight that?

What's to comment?

You guys are making this out like it's unique. That a President bothers to highlight or defend his record.

Well fucking prove it.

I agree. Kudos to Barry for making the call. I'd give kudos to an POTUS who made that call.

As for him taking credit?? What POTUS wouldn't take credit?

Its the one bright spot in an otherwise abysmal 3 plus years in office.

Ah, quit ya bitchin. Left/Democrat groups will be spending $Millions on smearing Mitt Romney. Politics is a Dog eat Dog World. And no one should know that more than Obama. ;)

I agree. Kudos to Barry for making the call. I'd give kudos to an POTUS who made that call.

As for him taking credit?? What POTUS wouldn't take credit?

Its the one bright spot in an otherwise abysmal 3 plus years in office.

I believe he got and took credit for this, over and over and over again. Perhaps if he hadn't flown to Afghanistan to celebrate the anniversary of killing someone it might have been a little different. His celebratory visit kinda spiked the football. :)

Forum List

Back