Media isn't showing us what's really going on

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
But for new media sources like Vice on HBO, and online news outlets, nothing on tv is showing us anything accurate. They don't even show us 1% of what's going on in the world taking mundane events like en email 'scandal' then spending hours talking about it when about 10 seconds was all ya needed, "Oh ya, Clinton didn't use the official email. It may have been illegal."

If this doesn't change, tv news will have to be rebranded 'television propaganda.' You can choose what political party's propaganda you wanna hear, but you have to accept you're not going to get anything relating to journalism or news.

Shouldn't take 3rd party revelations to inform the American people that their government does bad things as during the wikileaks controversy. We shoudl have had that information already.

But if you were told the truth about what is going on, you wouldn't want to believe it. You are too invested in your world view.

But if you were told the truth about what is going on, you wouldn't want to believe it. You are too invested in your world view.

"The truth is always an insult or a joke, lies are generally tastier. We love them. The nature of lies is to please. Truth has no concern for anyones comfort" - Arturo Binewski

But for new media sources like Vice on HBO, and online news outlets, nothing on tv is showing us anything accurate. They don't even show us 1% of what's going on in the world taking mundane events like en email 'scandal' then spending hours talking about it when about 10 seconds was all ya needed, "Oh ya, Clinton didn't use the official email. It may have been illegal."

If this doesn't change, tv news will have to be rebranded 'television propaganda.' You can choose what political party's propaganda you wanna hear, but you have to accept you're not going to get anything relating to journalism or news.

Shouldn't take 3rd party revelations to inform the American people that their government does bad things as during the wikileaks controversy. We shoudl have had that information already.

Thanks Delta4Embassy
That's why all the indie media groups have been rallying around this issue for years.
Independent Media Center www.indymedia.org i

The progressives and conservatives both stood up against the FCC on micropower radio and now
this internet neutrality business.

Why do you think Project Veritas has been targeted and threatened with running them out of town
Project Veritas Investigative Film Journalists

Also the Freedom of the Press Foundation that funds smaller localized indie media outlets:
Freedom of the Press Foundation

Reporters Without Borders

You act like this is something new?
Both rightwing and leftwing have been at this battle for years.

Only thing missing is uniting and kicking out the middle man dividing them with corrupt corporate politics.

Thanks Delta4Embassy
That's why all the indie media groups have been rallying around this issue for years.

The progressives and conservatives both stood up against the FCC on micropower radio and now

Why do you think Project Veritas has been targeted and threatened with running them out of town

Also the Freedom of the Press Foundation that funds smaller localized indie media outlets:

Only thing missing is uniting and kicking out the middle man dividing them with corrupt corporate politics.

Worth reminding people from time to time I think. If the popular discussions online concern some trivial story like HRC's email it's time to point out how tv news isn't news at all but entertainment.

Who Owns the Media?

Massive corporations dominate the U.S. media landscape. Through a history of mergers and acquisitions, these companies have concentrated their control over what we see, hear and read.

media-con2.JPG
Thanks go to Information Clearing house.

These links courtesy of
logo-en.png
New Eastern Outlook

Blogroll

Activist Post

Antiwar

Aurora

Boiling Frogs Post

Blacklisted News

Counter Punch

Da Russophile

Global Research

Land Destroyer

Info Wars

Tarpley

Tom Dispatch

Foreign Policy Journal

Information Clearing House

Modern Tokyo Times

The Excavator

Voltaire Net

These are the SOME of the best sites for independent news. As always, whenever you hear a story, it is best to cross check it with multiple sources. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

One thing you do want to stay away from is news that comes from wire services and is linked to the CFR or RIIA. These interests are no better than Iran, China, or the Russian State press.

I haven't had a TV for three months now. And at this point I'm second guessing getting it going again. I don't feel like I've missed a thing.

I haven't had a TV for three months now. And at this point I'm second guessing getting it going again. I don't feel like I've missed a thing.

Go through periods switching to the very basic cable package, to the more complete versions myself. The various documentary channels are great, assorted animated series too (Star Wars: Rebels on DisneyXD, American Dad, Family Guy, South Park, Robot Chicken) and there's a bunch of good Alaska reality shows now as well like a couple on Discovery 'Last Frontier' and the one with the big 'bush family.'

Thanks Delta4Embassy

Worth reminding people from time to time I think. If the popular discussions online concern some trivial story like HRC's email it's time to point out how tv news isn't news at all but entertainment.

Why do you think that email story is so trivial? That's sort of odd. . . .

Forum List

Back