Me Too! Men joining the cause....

Actor Johnathon Schaech: I Was Molested by Director Franco Zeffirelli
View attachment 171080People · 1h
Johnathon Schaech was 22 when acclaimed director Franco Zeffirelli cast him as the lead in his movie Sparrow. It was 1992, and the newcomer was thrilled to work with the Italian filmmaker, famed for films such as The Champ, La Traviata and Romeo and Juliet ...

imageedit-1-9258134372-30-1472537347.jpg
View attachment 171080
I'm glad that men also are speaking up! I know of one young actor (not so young now) who, in his young 20's was blessed with similar beauty as Mr. Schaech's, and who spoke out during an interview, in general terms, that he was harassed by an entertainment mogul. He did not name names during the interview (by time and place, I get the impression that it might have been Spacey). It is up to him to decide whether to get involved in this issue now, but I'm glad to see men joining in and revealing their experiences. Me, Too is all about cleaning house.
Did you think typing a hashtag would change the nature of humankind since its inception? It's another simple minded idea by the same simple minded people.

#NotMe.

So why are you so against people speaking out, telling their individual stories, telling their truths? The "nature of humankind" changes over time. There has been any number of improvements in human society since the stone age. And we hopefully keep going forward. What happened to Mr. Schaech , the other young man, whom I mentioned, and all of the girls and women who have shared their expericences should not be allowed to happen again.
There is no "their truths" there is just the truth.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The Me Too movement is as bogus as the Hands Up Don’t Shoot movement.

Everyone in Hollywood knew what was happening and did nothing. Now they all are pretending to care. Of course the Sheep will follow.
Why is it "bogus" just because people used to ignore it? Some people ignored it because they don't consider it a problem. Some people (like women who were harassed) kept quiet about it because they needed/wanted their jobs and were afraid of repercussions.
Now the people who don't care are on notice that it is indeed a problem and the women are gonna talk.
Nothing "bogus" about it.

Many of these Hollywood actresses slept their way to the top . Many are guilt of flirting and doing hte dirty now they want pay back.

Sorry if you were raped and wait twenty years to report it you are on autopilot Full of it.

Here's the newest accusing They should just make it if you have a PENIS you already raped ALL WOMEN..

These lunatics seriously need to stop this bs .

LMFAO wait until this WOMAN POWER BS blows up in your faces lefties wait until your own sons get this if it doesn't stop..

upload_2018-1-11_11-11-15.png

Five women accuse actor James Franco of inappropriate or sexually exploitative behavior

I'm pretty sure almost every female in the world has been sexually harassed, and, the one's that haven't wish they had been....
Why on Earth would you say that? Sexual harassment isn't welcome. That's why it's not plain old consensual flirting in the workplace.

Everyone in Hollywood knew what was happening and did nothing. Now they all are pretending to care. Of course the Sheep will follow.

Such Bullshit to claim Everyone in Hollywood had facts on who molested who when the victims were not allowed to tell & rarely mentioned it to closest confidants.

Did anyone care whwm cory feildman talkex about Hollywood being full of pedophiles? Nope everyone laughed and called him hateful shit... That was decades ago and these hypocrites now have the unmitigated gall to act the victim?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Why is it "bogus" just because people used to ignore it? Some people ignored it because they don't consider it a problem. Some people (like women who were harassed) kept quiet about it because they needed/wanted their jobs and were afraid of repercussions.
Now the people who don't care are on notice that it is indeed a problem and the women are gonna talk.

It’s the people who didn’t care before that are touting this movement.

Such Bullshit to claim Everyone in Hollywood had facts on who molested who when the victims were not allowed to tell & rarely mentioned it to closest confidants.

Ok, not EVERY SINGLE PERSON in Hollywood sure, but you know what I mean and you know I’m right.

Many of these Hollywood actresses slept their way to the top . Many are guilt of flirting and doing hte dirty now they want pay back.

Sorry if you were raped and wait twenty years to report it you are on autopilot Full of it.

Here's the newest accusing They should just make it if you have a PENIS you already raped ALL WOMEN..

These lunatics seriously need to stop this bs .

LMFAO wait until this WOMAN POWER BS blows up in your faces lefties wait until your own sons get this if it doesn't stop..

View attachment 171111
Five women accuse actor James Franco of inappropriate or sexually exploitative behavior
I'd like you to show some evidence that those five women "slept their way to the top."

26231064_10156986847886729_1648613102965747395_n.jpg

Then they bring men into it so something like this can't be used. Men usually aren't whoring themselves out on stage like the women do

I don't see where one's political views have any bearing on this issue. It's simply a matter of some people mistreating other people and those whom they have been mistreated being angry about it who finally feel that they can, and should, speak out. The vast majority of the experiences recounted on the Me, Too sites across the world (Me, Too is not just an American phenomenon) happened with the harassed person was fully clothed.

I was berated in front of most of the paralegal staff of a downtown D.C. law firm by a male (married) work colleague, when most of the staff were gathered in a bar for TGIF, for wearing clothing that was not sufficiently revealing for his taste, as he made a grab for the silk scarf that I was wearing tucked into the three-button knitted long-sleeved tunic that I was wearing along with matching knee-length skirt. So excuse me, who was doing the "whoring" on this occasion? Why would he treat me as if my goal of being there was to please him? I actually had come to work to review deposition transcripts.

Thank this movement, where it hurts those who really have had incidents. This is what they've created they've pushed and pushed to the point ppl now really don't care, or now don't believe it.

That's the point of it. Put your knee in his balls bet he won't do it again.

It has to an extent. But it's been abused and you probably have paid enough attention to comments here and other social media where people are 1. sick of hearing about this bs, 2. They aren't falling for it because it's even been proven that many of these actresses have SLEPT THEIR way to an acting role.

I mean if they go to a HOTEL and meet someone for a ROLE Mmmmk.

Then they bring men into it so something like this can't be used. Men usually aren't whoring themselves out on stage like the women do

I don't see where one's political views have any bearing on this issue. It's simply a matter of some people mistreating other people and those whom they have been mistreated being angry about it who finally feel that they can, and should, speak out. The vast majority of the experiences recounted on the Me, Too sites across the world (Me, Too is not just an American phenomenon) happened with the harassed person was fully clothed.

I was berated in front of most of the paralegal staff of a downtown D.C. law firm by a male (married) work colleague, when most of the staff were gathered in a bar for TGIF, for wearing clothing that was not sufficiently revealing for his taste, as he made a grab for the silk scarf that I was wearing tucked into the three-button knitted long-sleeved tunic that I was wearing along with matching knee-length skirt. So excuse me, who was doing the "whoring" on this occasion? Why would he treat me as if my goal of being there was to please him? I actually had come to work to review deposition transcripts.

Thank this movement, where it hurts those who really have had incidents. This is what they've created they've pushed and pushed to the point ppl now really don't care, or now don't believe it. Hollywoods goal. Notice they don't go to jail but if Joe Blow down the street did it they'd still be sitting in prison. Don't you get the true unfairness of the act as a whole.

One person putting one knee in one other person's balls, without mentioning it to anyone else, does not call public attention to this widespread problem, a problem not just experienced by one single individual at one particular moment. This movement has now brought the problem out into the light worldwide, where it can be discussed openly by intelligent people and the victims no longer feel that they have to hide. The decades-, if not centuries-long social custom of forcing victims to hide their experiences so that the reputations and careers of the actual guilty parties would not be hurt by their own voluntary actions is being torn to shreds, as well it should have been long ago. The unscrupulous persons who ran our society for so long put the futures and careers of the guilty ahead of the well-being of their victims.

Why is it that so many people are against naming the perps?

Ok, not EVERY SINGLE PERSON in Hollywood sure, but you know what I mean and you know I’m right.
Try going to police & tell them I believe someone is a molester because of the Hollywood culture but I can't find any victims that will accuse him. They will only laugh at you! Most were legally prevented from speaking of it & Trump is pushing for stricter laws to prevent victims from speaking of it.

You mean people who were aware it happened and kept their mouths shut because it happened to someone who wanted it kept secret?

Thank this movement, where it hurts those who really have had incidents. This is what they've created they've pushed and pushed to the point ppl now really don't care, or now don't believe it. Hollywoods goal. Notice they don't go to jail but if Joe Blow down the street did it they'd still be sitting in prison. Don't you get the true unfairness of the act as a whole.

Put your knee in his balls and you lose your job or don't get the promotion. If you bring a suit, you are likely to be blacklisted and frequently it's more punishment than it's worth. Sexual harassment is more than sexual assault. It is a misuse of power.

Try going to police & tell them I believe someone is a molester because of the Hollywood culture but I can't find any victims that will accuse him. They will only laugh at you! Most were legally prevented from speaking of it & Trump is pushing for stricter laws to prevent victims from speaking of it.

So then how did we get here? Didn’t someone talk? Sorry pal, that bull shit doesn’t wash.

You mean people who were aware it happened and kept their mouths shut because it happened to someone who wanted it kept secret?

Possibly them too. If they kept it secret because someone else wanted it kept secret, how does that make it right? It doesn’t. How many women could have been saved from predators if someone had spoken up?

Stop making excuses for your left wing idols.

Here's a prime example. You were berated by a man, so #youtoo?

Flighty and barren.

Now you are being really silly. Why are you trying so hard to defend people like Spacey and Weinstein and all the rest, including "my beloved" (NOT) colleague Norm in a bar? I haven't added my experience, actually experiences to "Me, Too," but why all the energy being put into denying that these things ever happened? They did. These bums did this stuff. The real target should be the people who do these aggressive things toward other, unsuspecting people. Why the attempts to hide their behavior?
I'm bashing these clowns who come out 40 years later as if they're being brave or noble. They're cowards who should have spoken up at the time and saved the hundreds of other #metoos. It's another chump movement by the same chumps as always.

There was no way to speak up 40 years ago and have anyone in authority believe you. I'm so happy that there are now avenues to do so. I don't think that it has anything to do with a person's thoughts about being "brave and noble," just that now they have been given a chance to voice what has been festering in their insides for so long. When Cardinal Bernard Law died a few weeks ago, I saw a news conference of Catholic priestly abuse survivors, two male survivors with gray hair, one middle-aged woman. One of the men said that he wanted Law's body chopped up and spread among several oceans.

It's nice to see the swamp being drained.
Of course there was a way. You simply report the behavior. That would have been noble, and protected the other victims, instead of yourself. To come out now as though they've done something special is typical of the breed. They are the same people who put on pussy suits and scream at the sky. Weak and meaningless protests that accomplish nothing but gives them a special club to belong to.

#NotMe.

What is the point of your animosity toward the victims. Are you trying to protect a perp?
Proper reporting procedures did not exist then. Our culture was so sick back then that many or most of those with authority to handle the complaints would do nothing to the perp and laugh at the victim and ask the victim about clothing or why she was there or did she drink alcohol. It was a culture of intimidating the victim. I say "she" because there was so much homophobia that any male reporting harassment by another male would instantly have an army behind him. We know of our cultural sickness of always blaming the woman first or accusing her of lying, and letting the perp off scot-free. It is too bad that nobody has ever kept a record of how many times guilty men have lied when confronted with harassment or rape allegations. Think of how many extra years the perps have enjoyed as a result of this cover-up culture.

I don't think that these victims speaking up about the past, even as far back as 40 years, accomplishes "nothing." Quite the opposite. They are getting results. Women and men alike.

One of the chief reasons that internet and social-media efforts like "Me, Too" are so important is that they provide a means for all persons victimized by the same person to find each other, although they were strangers in the past. This allows us to get a much clearer picture of what the accused individual has been like over time.

I recently saw a wonderful video made of an event, which I think occurred in Britain although I think that Americans were involved, when a woman invited her current boyfriend over, and he was greeted by a group of women comprised of victims whom he had conned financially by representing himself as romantically interested in each of them. They had managed to find each other via the internet.

I just don't see why anyone is trying to protect the perps. "Me, too" is getting the goods on them, draining the swamp.

The "Me, Two" movement will fade into the background when all the perps have been outed and all the victims' stories told. Then society will be caught up. It will leave behind an important achievement: the establishment of rules of conduct known to everyone, something that western society (don't know about other societies) has long neglected to establish up. Everybody wins except the scuzzies.

Here's a prime example. You were berated by a man, so #youtoo?

Flighty and barren.

Now you are being really silly. Why are you trying so hard to defend people like Spacey and Weinstein and all the rest, including "my beloved" (NOT) colleague Norm in a bar? I haven't added my experience, actually experiences to "Me, Too," but why all the energy being put into denying that these things ever happened? They did. These bums did this stuff. The real target should be the people who do these aggressive things toward other, unsuspecting people. Why the attempts to hide their behavior?
I'm bashing these clowns who come out 40 years later as if they're being brave or noble. They're cowards who should have spoken up at the time and saved the hundreds of other #metoos. It's another chump movement by the same chumps as always.

There was no way to speak up 40 years ago and have anyone in authority believe you. I'm so happy that there are now avenues to do so. I don't think that it has anything to do with a person's thoughts about being "brave and noble," just that now they have been given a chance to voice what has been festering in their insides for so long. When Cardinal Bernard Law died a few weeks ago, I saw a news conference of Catholic priestly abuse survivors, two male survivors with gray hair, one middle-aged woman. One of the men said that he wanted Law's body chopped up and spread among several oceans.

Of course there was a way. You simply report the behavior. That would have been noble, and protected the other victims, instead of yourself. To come out now as though they've done something special is typical of the breed. They are the same people who put on pussy suits and scream at the sky. Weak and meaningless protests that accomplish nothing but gives them a special club to belong to.

#NotMe.

What is the point of your animosity toward the victims. Are you trying to protect a perp?
Proper reporting procedures did not exist then. Our culture was so sick back then that many or most of those with authority to handle the complaints would do nothing to the perp and laugh at the victim and ask the victim about clothing or why she was there or did she drink alcohol. It was a culture of intimidating the victim. I say "she" because there was so much homophobia that any male reporting harassment by another male would instantly have an army behind him. We know of our cultural sickness of always blaming the woman first or accusing her of lying, and letting the perp off scot-free. It is too bad that nobody has ever kept a record of how many times guilty men have lied when confronted with harassment or rape allegations. Think of how many extra years the perps have enjoyed as a result of this cover-up culture.

I don't think that these victims speaking up about the past, even as far back as 40 years, accomplishes "nothing." Quite the opposite. They are getting results. Women and men alike.

One of the chief reasons that internet and social-media efforts like "Me, Too" are so important is that they provide a means for all persons victimized by the same person to find each other, although they were strangers in the past. This allows us to get a much clearer picture of what the accused individual has been like over time.

I recently saw a wonderful video made of an event, which I think occurred in Britain although I think that Americans were involved, when a woman invited her current boyfriend over, and he was greeted by a group of women comprised of victims whom he had conned financially by representing himself as romantically interested in each of them. They had managed to find each other via the internet.

I just don't see why anyone is trying to protect the perps. "Me, too" is getting the goods on them, draining the swamp.

The "Me, Two" movement will fade into the background when all the perps have been outed and all the victims' stories told. Then society will be caught up. It will leave behind an important achievement: the establishment of rules of conduct known to everyone, something that western society (don't know about other societies) has long neglected to establish up. Everybody wins except the scuzzies.

Bull shit. Many of these crimes occurred not “back then” but as early as last year. They were happening with the same exact protections we have now.

#NotMe.

Bull shit. Many of these crimes occurred not “back then” but as early as last year. They were happening with the same exact protections we have now.

I was responding to remarks by such posters as Mindwars and Aba Incieni, who seem to have a problem with people reporting incidents from years back. Seems like we are getting up to date, considering the current news about the Missouri governor. The goal is to get these incidents out before the public as quickly as possible. This is how we Americans de-louse our house.

Forum List

Back