McDermott omits 'God' from Pledge

Originally posted by OCA
RWA I don't get you man, first you say no compromise at all and now on two of the biggest tenets of the Republican party you are saying we should stop talking about religion and gay rights. ?????

AA is a no compromise for me.

I'm not saying disavow faith. i'm saying downplay momentarily. That's all.

being christain and hating gays are not the tenets of being republican.

Free markets and individual rights are.

Its not about hating gays you dolt! You sound exactly like acludem and the others, you sure you aren't Arlen Specter?

Originally posted by NewGuy
God doesn't appreciate compromise.

God also gives our leaders their authority. God won't be surprised or dissapointed or otherwise affected in the man who ends up being our next president.

Remember, Kerry is more likely to fuck the nation enough into buying into One-World-Goverment, and other things happening just prior to Christ's return.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I won't appreciate kerry winning and bringing our nation to ruin. You'd prefer kerry win over bush, wouldn't you? You're here to make the party look ugly. Complex m.o., but I'm onto you!

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by OCA
Its not about hating gays you dolt! You sound exactly like acludem and the others, you sure you aren't Arlen Specter?

You know what I mean. The whole gay judgement issue.

I'm beginning to think a lot of you are secret liberals, here to make the party look ugly.

Originally posted by dmp
God also gives our leaders their authority. God won't be surprised or dissapointed or otherwise affected in the man who ends up being our next president.

Remember, Kerry is more likely to fuck the nation enough into buying into One-World-Goverment, and other things happening just prior to Christ's return.

Hey, I never said I was in support of Kerry. You mean to tell me you believe this clown?

You know what I mean. The whole gay judgement issue.

I'm beginning to think a lot of you are secret liberals, here to make the party look ugly.

So that would mean roughly 80% of us if I remember that poll right are liberal spies. That means Jimmy, Evil, me, Jeff, DMP etc. etc.. LMAO! You do know you are deep in the minority in your party on this issue as I am with AA, right?

Hey, I never said I was in support of Kerry. You mean to tell me you believe this clown?

Who do you want to win between Kerry and Bush, assuming michael petrouka will not win?

remember, you don't lie.

Who do you want to win between Kerry and Bush, assuming michael petrouka will not win?

remember, you don't lie.

Neither one. I would not vote.

Originally posted by mattskramer
The founding fathers were not necessarily right. Slavery was condoned.

The majority of our founding fathers were abolitionists. They wanted no part of slavery in their new country, and were ready to fight it. There was just one small problem. That problem was the world's reigning superpower, sailing over here just as fast as the wind could carry it, to grind this upstart nation into dust. The states had to work out a compromise--fast--or cease to be.

The abolitionists knew that, once the country was stablized (if it survived), the slavery issue would come to a head. It did, fewer than a hundred years later--the historical equivalent of the blink of an eye.

Slavery was the accepted norm for six thousand years of recorded history. I find it disheartening that the founding fathers of an infant nation are vilified for not abolishing it quickly enough.

Originally posted by OCA
So that would mean roughly 80% of us if I remember that poll right are liberal spies. That means Jimmy, Evil, me, Jeff, DMP etc. etc.. LMAO! You do know you are deep in the minority in your party on this issue as I am with AA, right?

Not all, just some.

Kerry ooops RWA you can't backtrack here. Either we all who stand for no special rights for homosexuals are lib spies as you so eloquently put it or we are not.

Originally posted by OCA
Kerry ooops RWA you can't backtrack here. Either we all who stand for no special rights for homosexuals are lib spies as you so eloquently put it or we are not.

I agree.:rolleyes:

RWA.....it would appear that you are hiding a racial issue behind a political title.

Is race a primary issue for you that dictates your politics?

remember, you don't lie.

I would vote for a Libertarian candidate for president but by second choice would be Bush. Since it is highly unlikely that a Libertarian candidate will come close, my Libertarian vote would help Kerry. Therefore I will vote for Bush. So I compromise.

RWA.....it would appear that you are hiding a racial issue behind a political title.

Is race a primary issue for you that dictates your politics?

No. it's not. though I am ferociously against the racially discriminatory policy known as AA. that doesn't make me a racist. Im an inividual rightsIST.

Do you support Bush or kerry? (you must choose one. and no going to your, "there's no difference" argument. It's crap.)

Originally posted by mattskramer
I would vote for a Libertarian candidate for president but by second choice would be Bush. Since it is highly unlikely that a Libertarian candidate will come close, my Libertarian vote would help Kerry. Therefore I will vote for Bush. So I compromise.

Matt, this was really to newguy. I knew what you would say. You're fairly reasonable and honest. Some people evade important questions.

Do you support Bush or kerry? (you must choose one. and no going to your, "there's no difference" argument. It's crap.)

1. I GAVE you my answer
2. I never, anytime I have been on this board, have stated there is no difference.

Your lack of comprehension is showing again.

Originally posted by musicman
The majority of our founding fathers were abolitionists. They wanted no part of slavery in their new country, and were ready to fight it. There was just one small problem. That problem was the world's reigning superpower, sailing over here just as fast as the wind could carry it, to grind this upstart nation into dust. The states had to work out a compromise--fast--or cease to be.

The abolitionists knew that, once the country was stablized (if it survived), the slavery issue would come to a head. It did, fewer than a hundred years later--the historical equivalent of the blink of an eye.

Slavery was the accepted norm for six thousand years of recorded history. I find it disheartening that the founding fathers of an infant nation are vilified for not abolishing it quickly enough.

If the founding fathers were abolitionists, why did they not vote to end slavery right away. Even Thomas Jefferson owned a slave. Anyway, even if we put the slavery issue aside, there is more wrong. They did not blink an eye while "natives" were forced to move west. Women were not allowed to vote for a very long time. Was it really necessary, for a growing nation, to not allow women to vote. I don't agree with this huge devotion we give to the founding fathers. They helped create a nation but let us not give them undue praise. They were far from perfect.

Forum List

Back