McConnell: Senate will vote next week on Trump plan

I watched hispanics go from around 3% in machine shops to around 75% in 30 years
That didn't happen here where i live. And wages are stagnant. How do you account for this?

Not knowing where you live I cant really say.
Midwest.

That doesnt tell me much.
You're right, it doesn't. Because it is a personal anecdote, as is what you said. But it does tell us that switching to Mexican labor may not be the cause of wage stagnation. And that bears out, when one looks at the wage stagnation across the entire labor force for 30+ years.

I watched hispanics go from around 3% in machine shops to around 75% in 30 years
That didn't happen here where i live. And wages are stagnant. How do you account for this?

Not knowing where you live I cant really say.
Midwest.

That doesnt tell me much.
You're right, it doesn't. Because it is a personal anecdote, as is what you said. But it does tell us that switching to Mexican labor may not be the cause of wage stagnation. And that bears out, when one looks at the wage stagnation across the entire labor force for 30+ years.

I cant say why your area suffers from wage stagnation.
But I do know that in my case it was due to flooding the job market with people who will work for less money.

Forum List

Back