McConnell campaign manager holding his nose

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
A man alleged to be the campaign manager for senator Mitch McConnell said earlier this year that he was "sort of holding [his] nose" to work for the Kentucky Republican for the next two years.

Economic Policy Journal has an audio recording of a January 2013 phone call purportedly between Dennis Fusaro of the Reformed Theological Seminary and Jesse Benton, the former spokesman for Ron Paul's presidential campaigns and currently campaign manager for McConnell. Benton, who is also married to Paul's granddaughter, apparently tells Fusaro that he is working for McConnell's campaign to help the other Kentucky senator, Rand Paul, in his 2016 presidential bid.

"Between you and me I'm sort of holding my nose for two years because what we're doing here is going to be a big benefit for Rand in 2016," the voice alleged to be Benton's says. "That's my long vision."

McConnell Campaign Manager: I'm 'Holding My Nose' Until Rand Paul Campaign (Updated)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TGUNwHDtw]Jesse Benton - Holding his nose for two years - YouTube[/ame]

And Benton's statement:

"It is truly sick that someone would record a private phone conversation I had out of kindness and use it to try to hurt me. I believe in Senator McConnell and am 100 percent committed to his re-election. Being selected to lead his campaign is one of the great honors of my life and I look forward to victory in November of 2014."

If Rand does run for President then the best thing he could possibly do would be to keep Jesse Benton as far away from his campaign as possible.

"Between you and me". What do you think that means? If you are going to break the law or violate confidentiality agreements by publishing a private conversation it should be be a bigger scoop than this freaking trivia. Desperate times call for desperate measures and the left is as desperate as they can be.

"Between you and me". What do you think that means? If you are going to break the law or violate confidentiality agreements by publishing a private conversation it should be be a bigger scoop than this freaking trivia. Desperate times call for desperate measures and the left is as desperate as they can be.

I'm not the left, and the behind the scenes political machinations of politicians and their staffs are certainly newsworthy.

I'm not the left, and the behind the scenes political machinations of politicians and their staffs are certainly newsworthy.

Can't you see that this is far from "newsworthy"? This is a cherry picked couple of words from a private conversation starting with "between you and me". It is a desperate dirty trick which might be against the law and certainly is a violation of the confidentiality that the other half of the conversation agreed to and besides, it is freaking meaningless.

Can't you see that this is far from "newsworthy"? This is a cherry picked couple of words from a private conversation starting with "between you and me". It is a desperate dirty trick which might be against the law and certainly is a violation of the confidentiality that the other half of the conversation agreed to and besides, it is freaking meaningless.

It's not meaningless that your campaign manager is simply using you to advance other goals. You can talk about the ethics of it, but it's meaningless at this point.

A man alleged to be the campaign manager for senator Mitch McConnell said earlier this year that he was "sort of holding [his] nose" to work for the Kentucky Republican for the next two years.

Economic Policy Journal has an audio recording of a January 2013 phone call purportedly between Dennis Fusaro of the Reformed Theological Seminary and Jesse Benton, the former spokesman for Ron Paul's presidential campaigns and currently campaign manager for McConnell. Benton, who is also married to Paul's granddaughter, apparently tells Fusaro that he is working for McConnell's campaign to help the other Kentucky senator, Rand Paul, in his 2016 presidential bid.

"Between you and me I'm sort of holding my nose for two years because what we're doing here is going to be a big benefit for Rand in 2016," the voice alleged to be Benton's says. "That's my long vision."

McConnell Campaign Manager: I'm 'Holding My Nose' Until Rand Paul Campaign (Updated)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TGUNwHDtw]Jesse Benton - Holding his nose for two years - YouTube[/ame]

And Benton's statement:

"It is truly sick that someone would record a private phone conversation I had out of kindness and use it to try to hurt me. I believe in Senator McConnell and am 100 percent committed to his re-election. Being selected to lead his campaign is one of the great honors of my life and I look forward to victory in November of 2014."

If Rand does run for President then the best thing he could possibly do would be to keep Jesse Benton as far away from his campaign as possible.

All this means is that Dennis Fusaro cannot be trusted.

And Benton's statement:

All this means is that Dennis Fusaro cannot be trusted.

If I were Mitch McConnell I'd be saying that this proves that my campaign manager cannot be trusted.

Forum List

Back